Book In Advance
Tours from Traventuria - Day Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Traventuria - Day Tours
from $34.51
from $47.15
from $34.51
More Info
All reviews rila monastery and boyana church rila lakes self guided full day tour hiking trip small group group tour driver guide rhodope mountains veliko tarnovo great trip beautiful scenery bulgarian history recommend this trip wonderful guide his knowledge excellent tour
Reviewed September 12, 2015

We spent the day with Martin travelling to Plovdiv for very personalized tour of this historic ancient city. Martin had a great knowledge of the town and shared it with a sense of humor and respect for the heritage. We liked the respect he showed for the religious heritage at the monastery. Thanks Martin for sharing part of your country with us. Best of luck in your future endeavours j&M Canada

Reviewed September 10, 2015

It was very well organized.
Traventuria picked us up at the airport
The guide was nice but tight. It was hard to convince her to change the schedule.
But she took us to wonderful places: mountains, lakes...

1  Thank Emmanuel B
Reviewed September 2, 2015

1) The location

This is truly an exceptional place. If you go to Bulgaria, you have to visit this place (if you can physically, at least 4 hours of climbing and going down and some parts are steep). This is the best place I've been to in Bulgaria- it is very beautiful, the air is fresh, everywhere you look, you feel the need to take a picture!. It is very surprising that in travel guides about Bulgaria -such as lonely planet - this place is not presented as a Must see place. However, it is difficult to access, and hence, I had to rely on a local travel agency.
I went there at the end of August and the temperature was perfect. No clouds and I didnt need warmer clothes. Bring a good pair of shoes as some parts can be wet. Bring a bottle of water, food, a camera and cleaning wipes if you want to use the toilet in the hut next to the chairlift.

2) The guide

Our guide was Martin and it is obvious he likes his job and he has a passion for hiking. This was my first real hiking and he made it such a great experience that I'm looking forward to go on my next hike. He gives good clues about hiking as well. He is also very knowledgeable about the place. He gives a lot of information. He shows interest about his customers. It's like going hiking with a friend and not with a regular tour guide. Also about this trip, I liked that we returned by a different way. Hence, we could see the lakes from different viewpoints.

3) The price

The only negative point about this trip is the price. It is very expansive. I guess this can be explained because we were only two doing the hike. However, the company should find a better way to group people together to lower the price. (I don't know, you could book your trip online on a specific date with an alternative date and the company informs you about the cheapest date some days in advance)

3  Thank simon000002015
Reviewed September 1, 2015 via mobile

I took a day trip from Sofia to visit the monastery and church. The monastery is a must visit as it is an amazing site and in a beautiful scenic location. The age and beauty of the monastery, it's history and cultural significance makes this the top attraction to see!

Nikolai (our guide) picked me up at the hotel at the arranged time and explained how the day would go. During the ride up to the monastery he provided a wealth of information about the region and Bulgarian history and culture. At the monastery he went to great lengths to discuss detailed information about the monastery and its historical frescoes. I was extremely pleased with his knowledge and more importantly his positive nature.

Our ride was comfortable and also has wifi (so we could post our pics!!!)

If u need to take a day trip from Sofia this is the place you should go and Traventuria is the company to use .

1  Thank Derric1967
Reviewed August 30, 2015

My girlfriend and I booked the self-guided tour in the Rhodopes and it proved to be a great experience, thanks to the quality of the services provided by Traventuria.
_ Booking: We booked via bulgariawalking.com and communication with the agency was very easy, they answered our emails quickly. They were also very flexible with the organization, as we requested/were offered some additional transfers.
_ Walking: The information and the maps provided were very accurate and up to date, and with a minimum of common sense it was not difficult to find our way. We were quite impressed.
The timing of the hikes is also very sound, as we always managed to arrive by mid/late afternoon, even when there were transfers and/or visits during the day.
_ Accomodation was excellent as well, they did a good job finding such good hotels and guest houses in the remote locations
In conclusion we highly recommend these guys!