“Pirin and Rila mountains a week of guided hikes.”

Traventuria - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$66.43*
and up
The Seven Rila Lakes & Rila Monastery
Ranked #3 of 50 Outdoor Activities in Sofia
More attraction details
Owner description: Traventuria Ltd is a fully bonded Bulgarian tour operator, possessing a management with experience of over 10 years in the field of the incoming tourism in Bulgaria and the Balkans. The company offers cultural and active holidays, private transfers, ski and snow board packages. Flexibility, local knowledge and perfection in all our services are our distinctive feature!
Reviewed August 26, 2015

My daughter and I booked the Pirin and Rila mountains guided tour:
A well organized and well thought of ,a great friendly good English speaking local guide - Lyuben Grancharov , 11 charming hikers from all over the world: Australia, Sweden, Israel, UK and Italy. It was a week to remember. Not to mention the Bulgarian food and drinks, the culture.
The contact person Ivalio from Traventuria was very helpful at the early contact stage in Emails - every bit of the program was fulfilled.
I highly recommend Traventuria,those guys are professionals.

All reviews
"rila monastery and boyana church"
in 52 reviews
"group tour"
in 5 reviews
"hiking trip"
in 6 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
"private tour"
"bulgarian mountains"
"wander around"
"always on time"

Reviewed August 19, 2015

My son and I thoroughly enjoyed our week long hiking tour. All the connections were great, the hotels very comfortable, clean and helpful. The hiking was though some challenging (to us) 'mountainous' terrain and although very exhausting, it was also very satisfying. Our experience in Bulgaria was exceptional. We added a few days at the beginning of the trip and took in a couple of museums; the Museum of Socialist Art (great communist era statues) and the National Museum of Military History (numerous communist era vehicles/tanks and MIGs. Look forward to seeing Bulgaria again!

Reviewed August 18, 2015

What a brilliant holiday! Very well organised, beautiful scenery, excellent guide, good camaraderie in the group, good food and hospitality/places to stay. It made a big difference in only having to carry a day pack since the rest of the luggage was taken care of.

Reviewed August 17, 2015

I went on the Boyana Church and Rila Monastery tour with George. Since the group was too big, we had to be split into two tours and three of us went with George. I am so glad I got to go with him because we got a personalized experience. He was a wonderful guide, extremely knowledgeable, funny, answered all of our questions about Bulgaria, and even stayed with me inside Rila Monastery acting as my own private tour guide while the others of our group went off on their own. I totally recommend this trip through Traventuria. You get great guides, beautiful scenery, and a day to remember.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 17, 2015

Traventuria did a great job of organizing a well balanced and sufficiently challenging week of hiking in the Pirin and Rila mountains. Lyuben, our guide was excellent, keeping our group of eleven on track and together both while hiking and in the evenings. Accommodation was basic but comfortable and the meals provided filling and enjoyable, especially when experiencing some of the local specialities. Spectacular mountains, beautiful lakes and a huge variety of alpine flowers made this a hiking trip to remember.