Book In Advance
Tours from Traventuria - Day Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Traventuria - Day Tours
from $34.51
from $47.15
from $34.51
More Info
All reviews rila monastery and boyana church rila lakes self guided full day tour hiking trip small group group tour driver guide rhodope mountains veliko tarnovo great trip recommend this trip wonderful guide his knowledge excellent tour interesting information meeting point
Reviewed August 19, 2015

My son and I thoroughly enjoyed our week long hiking tour. All the connections were great, the hotels very comfortable, clean and helpful. The hiking was though some challenging (to us) 'mountainous' terrain and although very exhausting, it was also very satisfying. Our experience in Bulgaria was exceptional. We added a few days at the beginning of the trip and took in a couple of museums; the Museum of Socialist Art (great communist era statues) and the National Museum of Military History (numerous communist era vehicles/tanks and MIGs. Look forward to seeing Bulgaria again!

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed August 18, 2015

What a brilliant holiday! Very well organised, beautiful scenery, excellent guide, good camaraderie in the group, good food and hospitality/places to stay. It made a big difference in only having to carry a day pack since the rest of the luggage was taken care of.

Reviewed August 17, 2015

I went on the Boyana Church and Rila Monastery tour with George. Since the group was too big, we had to be split into two tours and three of us went with George. I am so glad I got to go with him because we got a personalized experience. He was a wonderful guide, extremely knowledgeable, funny, answered all of our questions about Bulgaria, and even stayed with me inside Rila Monastery acting as my own private tour guide while the others of our group went off on their own. I totally recommend this trip through Traventuria. You get great guides, beautiful scenery, and a day to remember.

Reviewed August 17, 2015

Traventuria did a great job of organizing a well balanced and sufficiently challenging week of hiking in the Pirin and Rila mountains. Lyuben, our guide was excellent, keeping our group of eleven on track and together both while hiking and in the evenings. Accommodation was basic but comfortable and the meals provided filling and enjoyable, especially when experiencing some of the local specialities. Spectacular mountains, beautiful lakes and a huge variety of alpine flowers made this a hiking trip to remember.

Reviewed August 13, 2015

Very impressive hiking area in Bulgaria. Very professional organisation by traventuria and special thanks to Martin!