Open today: 8:30 AM - 10:00 PM

from $53.63
from $35.75
from $47.67
1,188 results
All reviews rila monastery and boyana church rila lakes self guided hiking trip small group great hiking rhodope mountains veliko tarnovo private tour driver guide great trip beautiful scenery chair lift bulgarian mountains great guide sofia airport plovdiv
Selected filters
Reviewed July 29, 2015

We engaged Traventuria to do a private tour for 6 of us. It was a week's hiking in the Pirin and Rila mountains. We had a fabulous time. Our guide, Maya, was informative and lovely. We stayed in three little hotels along the way. They were comfortable and the food was consistently good. We also sampled some good restaurants along the way so we had plenty of variety. This trip was similar to those offered by the big adventure travel firms but at half the price. Amazing value for money. The Bulgarian mountains are beautiful, similar to the Alps. I would definitely recommend the mountains in Bulgaria with Traventuria - go before the crowds discover it!

Date of experience: July 2015
AmeliyaIlieva, Guest Relations Manager at Traventuria - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2019

Hello!

Thank you so much for your review and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your time on our tour. We work really hard to offer the best customer service so I am happy to see that reflected on your visit.
The Traventuria team is always doing its best to present Bulgaria's culture and nature at its best. Thank you for your high appreciation of our services. It means a lot to us. We hope to welcome you again in Bulgaria. There is plenty more to discover.

Reviewed July 27, 2015

We had a great time and the tour was very interesting and beautiful. Especially Rila Monastery ! One of the most amazing places.
Our guide Martin was very good. He was very helpful , he gave us lots of informations. (not to long, not to short)
He brought us (an other day) to the start of the walking tour around the Rila Lakes.
This walking tour was amazing. We liked it very much. It took nearly a day to see the 7 lakes but it was worth it. (good shoes , water, food, a pull are necessary)

Reviewed July 27, 2015

We had a great hiking day off with Martin. Be aware that guy is pretty strong and won't let you giving up at the middle of your trip, so be prepared to see the top no matter what. We appreciate that tours are flexible and the guide didn't mind being late back home. Bulgarian mountains reminds me to the mountains in Georgia.

Date of experience: June 2015

Reviewed July 25, 2015

Our guide Niki was very informative and kind. The tour was well organised and interesting. We booked directly online and had to pay credit card fee in extra about 2.5%. I didn't know about this fee until I proceeded to the payment page. It is better to book the tour via Viator or pay in cash in which no credit card fee is required.

The car was comfortable. There were about 12 people in the group.

1  Thank Kumaneko

Reviewed July 23, 2015

They offer a variety of tours, and easily booked on their website. They were recommended by my hotel and others on tripadvisor so I felt this was a good decision. For sure, it was! I went on the Seven Lakes hike, with Martin, and it was spectacular. Well worth the time and a great way to escape the summer heat of the city. Martin was knowledgeable and really very friendly. He was also very patient with my slow hiking. During the hike he proposed a stop on the return to Sofia, which saved me a lot of time during my busy and short trip. I also went on the tour to Veliko Tarnovo/Arbanassi, with George, and this was also really nice. Both my tours were booked last minute and everything was perfect. I highly recommend.

1  Thank Dianna M