Book In Advance
Tours from Traventuria - Day Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Traventuria - Day Tours
from $34.51
from $47.15
from $34.51
More Info
All reviews rila monastery and boyana church rila lakes self guided full day tour hiking trip small group group tour driver guide rhodope mountains veliko tarnovo great trip recommend this trip wonderful guide his knowledge excellent tour interesting information meeting point
Reviewed July 29, 2015

We engaged Traventuria to do a private tour for 6 of us. It was a week's hiking in the Pirin and Rila mountains. We had a fabulous time. Our guide, Maya, was informative and lovely. We stayed in three little hotels along the way. They were comfortable and the food was consistently good. We also sampled some good restaurants along the way so we had plenty of variety. This trip was similar to those offered by the big adventure travel firms but at half the price. Amazing value for money. The Bulgarian mountains are beautiful, similar to the Alps. I would definitely recommend the mountains in Bulgaria with Traventuria - go before the crowds discover it!

Reviewed July 27, 2015

We had a great time and the tour was very interesting and beautiful. Especially Rila Monastery ! One of the most amazing places.
Our guide Martin was very good. He was very helpful , he gave us lots of informations. (not to long, not to short)
He brought us (an other day) to the start of the walking tour around the Rila Lakes.
This walking tour was amazing. We liked it very much. It took nearly a day to see the 7 lakes but it was worth it. (good shoes , water, food, a pull are necessary)

Reviewed July 27, 2015

We had a great hiking day off with Martin. Be aware that guy is pretty strong and won't let you giving up at the middle of your trip, so be prepared to see the top no matter what. We appreciate that tours are flexible and the guide didn't mind being late back home. Bulgarian mountains reminds me to the mountains in Georgia.

Date of experience: June 2015
Reviewed July 25, 2015

Our guide Niki was very informative and kind. The tour was well organised and interesting. We booked directly online and had to pay credit card fee in extra about 2.5%. I didn't know about this fee until I proceeded to the payment page. It is better to book the tour via Viator or pay in cash in which no credit card fee is required.

The car was comfortable. There were about 12 people in the group.

1  Thank Kumaneko
Reviewed July 23, 2015

They offer a variety of tours, and easily booked on their website. They were recommended by my hotel and others on tripadvisor so I felt this was a good decision. For sure, it was! I went on the Seven Lakes hike, with Martin, and it was spectacular. Well worth the time and a great way to escape the summer heat of the city. Martin was knowledgeable and really very friendly. He was also very patient with my slow hiking. During the hike he proposed a stop on the return to Sofia, which saved me a lot of time during my busy and short trip. I also went on the tour to Veliko Tarnovo/Arbanassi, with George, and this was also really nice. Both my tours were booked last minute and everything was perfect. I highly recommend.

1  Thank Dianna M