Book In Advance

Start Date
End Date
Tours from Traventuria - Day Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Traventuria - Day Tours
from $34.51
from $47.15
from $34.51
More Info
All reviews rila monastery and boyana church rila lakes self guided full day tour hiking trip small group group tour driver guide rhodope mountains veliko tarnovo great trip recommend this trip wonderful guide his knowledge excellent tour interesting information meeting point
Reviewed July 27, 2015

We had a great time and the tour was very interesting and beautiful. Especially Rila Monastery ! One of the most amazing places.
Our guide Martin was very good. He was very helpful , he gave us lots of informations. (not to long, not to short)
He brought us (an other day) to the start of the walking tour around the Rila Lakes.
This walking tour was amazing. We liked it very much. It took nearly a day to see the 7 lakes but it was worth it. (good shoes , water, food, a pull are necessary)

Reviewed July 27, 2015

We had a great hiking day off with Martin. Be aware that guy is pretty strong and won't let you giving up at the middle of your trip, so be prepared to see the top no matter what. We appreciate that tours are flexible and the guide didn't mind being late back home. Bulgarian mountains reminds me to the mountains in Georgia.

Date of experience: June 2015
Reviewed July 25, 2015

Our guide Niki was very informative and kind. The tour was well organised and interesting. We booked directly online and had to pay credit card fee in extra about 2.5%. I didn't know about this fee until I proceeded to the payment page. It is better to book the tour via Viator or pay in cash in which no credit card fee is required.

The car was comfortable. There were about 12 people in the group.

1  Thank Kumaneko
Reviewed July 23, 2015

They offer a variety of tours, and easily booked on their website. They were recommended by my hotel and others on tripadvisor so I felt this was a good decision. For sure, it was! I went on the Seven Lakes hike, with Martin, and it was spectacular. Well worth the time and a great way to escape the summer heat of the city. Martin was knowledgeable and really very friendly. He was also very patient with my slow hiking. During the hike he proposed a stop on the return to Sofia, which saved me a lot of time during my busy and short trip. I also went on the tour to Veliko Tarnovo/Arbanassi, with George, and this was also really nice. Both my tours were booked last minute and everything was perfect. I highly recommend.

1  Thank Dianna M
Reviewed July 22, 2015 via mobile

Firstly I didn't realise that this tour would have a guide. It may be because I didn't actually book it but our guide Karina was excellent. She not only gave us information about the Boyan church or Rila Monastery but also nearly everything we passed by through the city Sofia and communities along the trek. On our was there she didn't stop! A great advocate for the tour and the country.

The tour is a long one and yes you spend a long time in the car but it's worth the effort. The sites we visited are spectacular. We were picked up from the meeting point on time and the vehicle fitted us 7 and Karina. Along the way we learnt about parts of Bulgarian history, agriculture industries and were also given an insight into other areas we should explore.

The Monastery is beautiful but without a guide you can not appreciate how special it truley is. Karina was amazing in the way she shares this information. Feels like one large story rather than shot fired facts.

Along the way home we stopped for lunch where we were recommended some great food. Karina prepares us all before arriving in order to streamline (and speed up) the process. Our driver was pleasant and willing to share some information if asked but driving in Bulgaria takes a lot of concentration do we didn't disturb him too much.

Overall a great tour. Karina goes above and beyond to help out the guests. She also too some interested people to a recommended place to buy some products after they asked for help.

2  Thank Ben G