“Seven Lakes and Rila Monestary Tour”

Traventuria - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$66.43*
and up
The Seven Rila Lakes & Rila Monastery
Ranked #3 of 50 Outdoor Activities in Sofia
More attraction details
Owner description: Traventuria Ltd is a fully bonded Bulgarian tour operator, possessing a management with experience of over 10 years in the field of the incoming tourism in Bulgaria and the Balkans. The company offers cultural and active holidays, private transfers, ski and snow board packages. Flexibility, local knowledge and perfection in all our services are our distinctive feature!
Reviewed July 4, 2015

We had an excellent day with this company and especially with our guide, Martin. He was right on time to pick us up, gave us really useful information throughout the trip and was easy to talk to. What was most useful was his hiking experience. We got some bad weather near the end of the hike and Martin helped us to decide to turn around before it got worse, and it did; it started pouring and even hailing at one point.

All reviews
"rila monastery and boyana church"
in 52 reviews
"group tour"
in 5 reviews
"hiking trip"
in 6 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
"private tour"
"bulgarian mountains"
"wander around"
"always on time"

Reviewed June 30, 2015

I had a day trip to Plovdiv town and Bachkovo monastery. The trip was throughout the whole day. Our tour guide, Martin did a really good job and this is much appreciated. On this trip I realised how important the tour guide is; everything else is just information that you can find on your own, but he guide can make the difference.

TraventuriaAdmin, Manager at Traventuria - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2015

Dear Lina,
Thank you for the expressed thoughts and review of your experiences with Martin. We are all the time trying to improve our guides presentation skills, but definitely Martin is one of the best students and contributor. As Plovdiv is preparing for the honour to be a Cultural capital of Europe in 2019 there are so many interesting changes that are happening there all the time. I'm sure the city will become one of the most adored tourist sites. Consider yourself invited in Plovdiv in 2019 to see the city being " fully face-lifted" and more charming than ever. To all the foreigners visiting Bulgaria I would like to say - "Do not miss to visit Plovdiv with or without a guide".

Reviewed June 30, 2015

I had a day trip to Koprivshtica and Plovdiv. The trip was a bit long, about 10 hours, so I didn't believe I can have fun throughout the whole day, but I was wrong. Our tour guide, Martin made a great atmosphere yet in the car and kept it for the whole day.

Reviewed June 29, 2015

I was on a day trip to Boyana church and Rila monestery in May 2015. These two UNESCO sites are places that I highly recommend to visit. IMO seeing them on your own can be tricky/disappointing because access to these places isn't easy and also you may not get the information that a tour guide would provide you. So, I have to say thank you to Martin the tour guide because he really added something to the visit.