“Vitosha Mountains & Cherni Vryh Peak”

Traventuria - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$66.43*
and up
The Seven Rila Lakes & Rila Monastery
Ranked #3 of 50 Outdoor Activities in Sofia
More attraction details
Owner description: Traventuria Ltd is a fully bonded Bulgarian tour operator, possessing a management with experience of over 10 years in the field of the incoming tourism in Bulgaria and the Balkans. The company offers cultural and active holidays, private transfers, ski and snow board packages. Flexibility, local knowledge and perfection in all our services are our distinctive feature!
Reviewed May 28, 2015

Traventuria was very concerned about whether we had proper hiking boots as there was still snow in the mountain and even texted and called me to ensure. They were also very prompt in answering all of our queries too.

"Martin the tour guide" was prompt in meeting us in the morning. He was really an inspiring and energetic guide, and his positivity rubbed onto us. The climb was not an easy one for us but he kept us going!

Overall, Traventuria and "Martin the tour guide" exceeded my expectations and I would highly recommend them. Thanks for the memorable adventure, "Martin the tour guide"!

1  Thank Khairunnissa
All reviews
"rila monastery and boyana church"
in 52 reviews
"group tour"
in 5 reviews
"hiking trip"
in 6 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
"private tour"
"bulgarian mountains"
"wander around"
"always on time"

Reviewed May 21, 2015

The trip was well organized and informative. The restaurant stop was also quite enjoyable. If I have the opportunity to visit Bulgaria again I will definitely use the services of this company.

Reviewed May 20, 2015

I can't say enough great things about this company. From the process of booking to the actual tours, our experience was excellent, and I would highly recommend this company to anyone visiting Bulgaria.

Rositsa did an excellent job of helping us book and customize our tours. She responded to our questions immediately, was able to clarify any questions, and helped us create a day tailored to our interests. We were very impressed with her customer service skills.

We had the pleasure of going to Rila Monastery with George. In addition to being knowledgable about our destinations, George did a great job of helping our group learn about the country. George also worked to ensure that our group (5 people) had an enjoyable time talking with each other. We really appreciated all that George did to make our day memorable, and we were glad for the opportunity to travel with him.

We booked a second tour to Koprivshititsa and Bachkovo Monastery, and we had the absolute privilege of spending the day with Martin. From the time that he met us in the morning, Martin never stopped thinking of our interests and created the perfect day for us. Martin's knowledge of our stops was evident and thorough. Further, Martin's consideration and kindness was very appreciated.

We are very glad for our experience with Traventuria, and we would gladly work with this company in the future.

Reviewed May 18, 2015

If one go to Sofia then the Rila monastery is a must. I planned to go to the monastery on my own but decided not to as it is a bit off so I choose a tour from Sofia instead and I don't regret that. First of all the tour guide George had great knowledge about Bulgarian history and the story of monastery and it made the tour so more valuable than if I had done it on my own. Second is the beautiful setting of the monastery with the mountain in the backdrop and that also makes it a must go. So highly recommended to any visitor of Sofia as the world heritage Rila Monastery is an unforgettable place. I almost forgot but as an extra on this tour the world heritage Boyana church is excellent on is own.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 18, 2015

I booked the tour through Viator and I was immediately contacted to let me know that the original tour was overbooked and they could not take me but they immediately offered a second option which had more to see and would not cost more. Tour guide was very punctual and we got picked up from the hotel heading to Melnik and Rila Monastery. Whole trip was very professional and the guide (Georgi) was a very helpful and knowledgeable. Small 4 person car with wifi, safe driving, and nice spots along all the way. Definitely recommend it.