“Hiking in Rila mountain & Rila monastery”

Traventuria - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$66.43*
and up
The Seven Rila Lakes & Rila Monastery
Ranked #3 of 50 Outdoor Activities in Sofia
More attraction details
Owner description: Traventuria Ltd is a fully bonded Bulgarian tour operator, possessing a management with experience of over 10 years in the field of the incoming tourism in Bulgaria and the Balkans. The company offers cultural and active holidays, private transfers, ski and snow board packages. Flexibility, local knowledge and perfection in all our services are our distinctive feature!
Reviewed September 16, 2014

We booked a day excursion to Rila mountain & Rila monastery.
Our guide, Simeon, was very friendly and knowledgable about the history of Rila monastery and Seven Rila lakes we visited.
With only one day to spend sightseeing for Rila Mt. & Rila monastery it was a comfortable and economical way.
Lunch was delicious - fresh fish in a local restaurant. I can highly recommend Traventuria to everybody who likes to go hiking in Bulgaria!

All reviews
"rila monastery and boyana church"
in 52 reviews
"group tour"
in 5 reviews
"hiking trip"
in 6 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
"private tour"
"bulgarian mountains"
"wander around"
"always on time"

Reviewed September 15, 2014

As for me, it is the best option to go to this monastery - it is not expensive and you will have enough information (even without audio guide - I took one, but the english-speaking accompanying person from Traventuria told the history of the place to everybode). Both specialities are UNESCO objects and are worth to be seen. I recommend to trip with Traventuria.

2  Thank Iuliia K
Reviewed September 5, 2014

We used Traventuria as transport to and from the airport and on two tours, one to Plovdiv and one to Rila Monastary. The trip to Plovdiv was with Svet who is very knowledgable about the history of Bulgaria and of the Plovdiv and the monastery we visited. He was able to put everything in perspective so we understood what we were seeing at all times. He was obviously well acquainted with the people in the Plovdiv so we felt we had some "behind the scenes" opportunities to visits craftsmen. The trip to Rila was equally as informative. While our guide was newer, he was no less knowledgable and in fact took extra time to make sure we understood the deeper meanings of the things we saw. Climbing through the cave was an amazing experience, one I will never forget. And lunch along the river with the fresh trout was amazing. Finally, on my trip back to the airport, the driver actually came into the terminal with me to make sure that I was in the right place. You won't go wrong booking a tour with Traventuria.

Reviewed September 4, 2014

I had a great experience with Traventuria Day Tours. The drive to the Monastery was comfortable and scenic and our young guide very informative. I am so sorry I have forgotten his name. For such a young man he was very knowledgeable not only in all aspects of his own country but the world in general. His enthusiasm made the trip so much better. Rila Monastery was quite spectacular with a lovely walk through the woods, however my favourite place was the Boyana Church, an unexpected gem. The woman who did this tour was so impressive and knew every aspect of the church and the frescoes. She told us amazing stories about the frescoes history and had us all enthralled and she offered a private tour at a later date for our guide to give him more information. He was just so thrilled at this opportunity. What an amazing day out. Thank you so much

1  Thank dianne004500