Open today: 8:30 AM - 10:00 PM

from $54.04
from $36.03
from $48.04
1,188 results
All reviews rila monastery and boyana church rila lakes self guided hiking trip small group great hiking rhodope mountains veliko tarnovo private tour driver guide great trip beautiful scenery chair lift bulgarian mountains great guide sofia airport plovdiv
Selected filters
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I booked trought internet two day tour in Sofia. Pick up from hostel and drop off was working fine. Tours to Koprivshtitsa and Rila Monastery were really nice. I recommed this company.

Date of experience: August 2014
AmeliyaIlieva, Guest Relations Manager at Traventuria - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2019

Hello!

Thanks for the good words and the review!

I would like to express my gratitude to the fact that you shared your experience with the Tripadvisor society. It is nice, motivating and pleasant to read a good review such as yours.

We are looking forward to servicing you in the future!

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

To Whom It May Concern

I would like to acknowledge the wonderful day I had touring to the Rila Monastery with my host Nikola: he politely introduced himself to me and at every step of the way informed me of what we will be doing throughout the tour: for example, picking up more clients from other destination along the way. He ensured that we all introduced to one another and ensured that we were all comfortable at all times.
I was fortunate to sit in the front with Nikola and he politely answers all my questions in a very professional well educated and respectful manner towards me and all on board the tour.

I would like to acknowledge his enthusiasm as a tour guide: his foresight to be well organized with group pick ups, informing and implementing group decisions and ensuring that we were all respected and valued as a group.

I would like to acknowledge his outstanding skills in communication:
Nikola could speak fluent; Bulgarian, Russian, Germany, Spanish, English and speak a few words in other languages.

Nikola communicated with us on every level and informed us about the history of Bulgaria and its people.
He showed great knowledge in the history behind the Boyana Church, the paintings inside and there spiritual importants within the church and
the village people. He enlightened us with historical facts pertaining to the Rila Monastery, the monks, Kings and Queen who all played arole in preserving this incredible sight.

After our tour we had lunch at a lovely restaurant and with a delightful view of a rolling brook and excellent company.

Everyone enjoyed the tour: a big thank you to Nikola for a very inspiring day.

I highly recommend Nikola as an OUTSTANDING TOUR GUIDE

Kind regards
Helene Rodriguez
AUSTRALIA

1  Thank Helene R

Dear Helene,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

We are so proud to know you had such a great day with Nikola. Rila Monastery is the most visited sight in Bulgaria and is a must-see destination.

We have sent your kind words to Nikola, and he was really delighted to know that you enjoyed his company for the day.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

We booked a day excursion to Plovdiv for the final day of our trip - great way to end it. Our guide, Nikola, was well-informed and incredibly personable which made the day really enjoyable. Despite a few problems with closed roads around Plovidv, our guide was quick to make the most of the day when we arrived. We were in a small group (4 including our guide) and this was to the benefit of the day because the tour could be tailored around what we were most interested in. I would definitely recommend this!

Date of experience: August 2014
1  Thank Rob587

Dear Rob,

Thank you for your amazing 5* Review on our one-day tour to Plovdiv! We are delighted you found your tour guide to be knowledgeable and experienced.

We hope you will join us again in the future.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We booked the one week Riddles of the Rila self guided walking tour with a days extension to the Rila Monastery. All our arrangements were completed over the internet with no fuss. Every detail of our trip, including transfers, accommodation and meals ran without a hitch.
The accommodation arranged in Govedartsi was especially fantastic with Georg and family being perfect hosts, and meals some of the best in Europe.
Our walking notes were pretty good, although a few of the distances were understated, and a couple of the directions were a little unclear. Make sure you can hike with a map and compass! Having said that, the choice of walks was brilliant, and especially the mountain climbs were some of our most memorable ever!
The trip to Rila Monastery was fine and interesting - it is a very important place to Bulgarians. We did feel that we were up sold on the lunch stopover, which ended up our most expensive meal in Bulgaria! And the stopover to the "auto museum"/ junk yard was odd to say the least!
We will definitely be back to for another self guided walk with Traventuria in the amazing mountains of Bulgaria!

Date of experience: July 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Dear Jeanette,

Our highest priority is customers satisfaction and we are so pleased to read that you had a wonderful experience with our tour of the Rila mountain.
"Riddles of the Rila mountains" is a great opportunity to see different aspects of Bulgaria and it's beautiful nature. We are also really glad that you enjoyed your visit to the Monastery of Rila.

Thank you for taking the time to review this tour and giving us a 5-star!
We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

I had a one day tour to Rila Monastery. It was surprising that I had two confirmation emails after the booking which I found it very kind and caring. Although the car was little small for 6 of us with last minute booking, the guide Svetoslav was very kind and knowledgeable. He gave us very kind introduction about Bulgaria's history and detailed explanation about heritages which made my day. Rila Monastery shows history of Bulgaria by giving hidden message of its geographical location and history. Rila mountain in the background is awe inspiring and it is surely only one in the world. It is worth to take the tour and it makes your Bulgarian trip memorable one.

Date of experience: June 2014
2  Thank yuhei_arcloud

Hello,

Thanks so much for writing this review - we love hearing about the experiences that our guests have had, especially when they're so positive, it lets us know we're doing something right!

We hope to host you on another one of our tours in the future.