“Hiking trek in the Pirin and Rila Mountains”

Traventuria - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$78.17*
and up
The Seven Rila Lakes & Rila Monastery
Ranked #3 of 46 Outdoor Activities in Sofia
More attraction details
Owner description: Traventuria Ltd is a fully bonded Bulgarian tour operator, possessing a management with experience of over 10 years in the field of the incoming tourism in Bulgaria and the Balkans. The company offers cultural and active holidays, private transfers, ski and snow board packages. Flexibility, local knowledge and perfection in all our services are our distinctive feature!
Reviewed September 3, 2014

I did the hiking trek (8 days) with Traventuria and everything was perfect organized. Our Guide Orlinko was friendly, knowledgeable, professional and enthusiastic about sharing all his knowledge and experience with us! I can highly recommend Traventuria to everybody who likes to go hiking in Bulgaria!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
in 6 reviews
"always on time"
"excellent english"

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I booked trought internet two day tour in Sofia. Pick up from hostel and drop off was working fine. Tours to Koprivshtitsa and Rila Monastery were really nice. I recommed this company.

Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

To Whom It May Concern

I would like to acknowledge the wonderful day I had touring to the Rila Monastery with my host Nikola: he politely introduced himself to me and at every step of the way informed me of what we will be doing throughout the tour: for example, picking up more clients from other destination along the way. He ensured that we all introduced to one another and ensured that we were all comfortable at all times.
I was fortunate to sit in the front with Nikola and he politely answers all my questions in a very professional well educated and respectful manner towards me and all on board the tour.

I would like to acknowledge his enthusiasm as a tour guide: his foresight to be well organized with group pick ups, informing and implementing group decisions and ensuring that we were all respected and valued as a group.

I would like to acknowledge his outstanding skills in communication:
Nikola could speak fluent; Bulgarian, Russian, Germany, Spanish, English and speak a few words in other languages.

Nikola communicated with us on every level and informed us about the history of Bulgaria and its people.
He showed great knowledge in the history behind the Boyana Church, the paintings inside and there spiritual importants within the church and
the village people. He enlightened us with historical facts pertaining to the Rila Monastery, the monks, Kings and Queen who all played arole in preserving this incredible sight.

After our tour we had lunch at a lovely restaurant and with a delightful view of a rolling brook and excellent company.

Everyone enjoyed the tour: a big thank you to Nikola for a very inspiring day.

I highly recommend Nikola as an OUTSTANDING TOUR GUIDE

Kind regards
Helene Rodriguez
AUSTRALIA

1  Thank Helene R
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We booked a day excursion to Plovdiv for the final day of our trip - great way to end it. Our guide, Nikola, was well-informed and incredibly personable which made the day really enjoyable. Despite a few problems with closed roads around Plovidv, our guide was quick to make the most of the day when we arrived. We were in a small group (4 including our guide) and this was to the benefit of the day because the tour could be tailored around what we were most interested in. I would definitely recommend this!

1  Thank Rob587
See more reviews
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We booked the one week Riddles of the Rila self guided walking tour with a days extension to the Rila Monastery. All our arrangements were completed over the internet with no fuss. Every detail of our trip, including transfers, accommodation and meals ran without a hitch.
The accommodation arranged in Govedartsi was especially fantastic with Georg and family being perfect hosts, and meals some of the best in Europe.
Our walking notes were pretty good, although a few of the distances were understated, and a couple of the directions were a little unclear. Make sure you can hike with a map and compass! Having said that, the choice of walks was brilliant, and especially the mountain climbs were some of our most memorable ever!
The trip to Rila Monastery was fine and interesting - it is a very important place to Bulgarians. We did feel that we were up sold on the lunch stopover, which ended up our most expensive meal in Bulgaria! And the stopover to the "auto museum"/ junk yard was odd to say the least!
We will definitely be back to for another self guided walk with Traventuria in the amazing mountains of Bulgaria!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction