Book In Advance
Tours from Traventuria - Day Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Traventuria - Day Tours
from $65.50
from $34.32
from $34.32
from $46.90
More Info
All reviews rila monastery and boyana church rila lakes self guided full day tour hiking trip small group group tour driver guide rhodope mountains veliko tarnovo great trip recommend this trip wonderful guide his knowledge excellent tour interesting information meeting point
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Following our recent visit to Bulgaria I would like to strongly recommend Traventuria as an excellent company to organise accomadation and day tours. The guides and drivers are excellent and we certainly learned a lot about the country. The countryside is beautiful and Sofia as a base to stay is lively and easy to navigate on foot.

2  Thank Linda M
Reviewed May 30, 2014

On my recent (and first) visit to Bulgaria, I was lucky to see visit a number of key attractions, such as the Boyana Church, the Rila Monastery, and the Old Town in Plovdiv. At these locations, we were touring on our own or touring with friends, and while we were great company for each other, we probably missed out on a lot of interesting history and trivia about these locations. Not "probably" - we "definitely" missed out, as exemplified by our informative tour of Sofia.

During our visit to Sofia, a tour of downtown Sofia was arranged for us through Traventuria. For two to three hours, we embarked on a fascinating walking tour around the landmarks at the heart of Sofia ending at the glorious Alexander Nevsky cathedral. Our guide Svetoslav provided enough historical background for me to mentally reconstruct an understanding of how Sofia came to be (and frankly, prior to my visit, much of my knowledge of Bulgarian history revolved around the success of the soccer team at the 1994 World Cup). At the same time, however, he did not bore us to death with minutia but rather injected a healthy dose of humor and interesting anecdotes about how things had changed over time, during times of the Roman, Ottoman, and Russian empires as well as the days of the communist regime. And he was very candid in providing different perspectives from each time period.

My only regret is that we did not have Svetoslav (or someone else from Traventuria) when we visited the other historical sites, as we would have come back with a lot more knowledge, a lot fewer questions, and perhaps would have seen things that we simply missed because we did not know to look for them. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Took two day trips with Traventuria when visiting Sofia. The guides were very professional and lovely. Didn't expect it at all, but the day tours turned out to be a private tours for me and the friend I was travelling with. Besides showing us the sites on the programme, the guides had great advice about what to do around Sofia, where to buy and eat and were also very flexible about the schedule. Even took us "off the beaten path".
I left Bulgaria with a taste for more and a great part of that were the Traventuria day trips, so I highly recommend it!

1  Thank alinasha
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I am more than happy with Traventuria!
They were very punctual and did as they promise!

I recommend visiting Rila Monastery and Boyana Church! It is a must if you go to Bulgaria and Traventuria is the perfect people to travel with!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Our tour to the Rila Monastery and Boyana Church was truly memorable. With only one day to spend sightseeing in Bulgaria it was a comfortable and economical way to squeeze in two incredible UNESCO sites. Simon, our driver, picked us up from our hotel on time and, although he wasn't officially a guide, was friendly and informative throughout our day. Lunch was delicious - fresh fish in a local restaurant - but the real treat was getting to hike up to the Chapel of St Ivan of Rila after spending two hours at the monastery. The Rila Monastery and Boyana Church are not to be missed and I highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting Sophia.

Date of experience: March 2014