“Excellent!!!”

Berlin Park Vitosha
Ranked #63 of 135 Hotels in Sofia
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed in the for 5 days with my girlfriend. I went to one of the greatest hotels in Greece and in Florida, and they are not even compared to this one. Best value for money ever, excellent customer service, and the most amazing breakfast we've ever eaten. Highly recommended!!!

Room Tip: Their standard rooms are like suites!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My first stay was for 2 nights then I went to visit my brother in the country site. The next day when I was getting ready for the church, I found that I left my 24K gold cross with diamonds on a beautiful rare to find gold chain in the hotel. I phoned the hotel immediately. To my great surprise the front desk was not aware of it. The hotel do not have separate department for loss and found. I was in room A24. The hotel is equipped with cameras at the door of every room plus multiple cameras everywhere. After 3 days I came back in Sofia and booked 2 nights at the same hotel room A26. To my great disappointment the supervisor of the housekeeping said " Mam, you can't through your stuff left & right and expect us to find them". In fact I was bombarded with questions such as “….am I sure? Where exactly I left the piece? And so on, in a very nasty way. The management even did not look at the cameras. It is a very strange hotel to stay. The piece was a gift from my daughter for my 40th birthday, which she purchased on a trip to St. Thomas Island. I shall report the case to as many websites as possible.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Tanya G
Kristiana K, Director of Sales at Berlin Park Vitosha, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are sorry that such expensive and valuable jewelry of yours is missing.
As you noticed we have cameras in the corridors. The cameras on each door are used for the person inside the room to see who is in front of the door and they do not record. Of course privacy and discretion are very important in hospitality and we can not even think about putting recording cameras at the doors. I can assure you that all our housekeepers are working with us for long time and we never had any problem with forgotten things. Our housekeeping manager checked with them the room after your call and look for the jewelry.
We much appreciate our guests and do our best to keep their belongings safe. For this purpose we have safe-deposit boxes on reception desk as well as in the rooms. It is recommended to use such to keep the important belongings.
Thank you once again for your review as it will remind the travelers to use the safe-deposit boxes for valuable things and once again please accept our regrets for the missing piece.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I went with my parents to this hotel for a few nights. You got a warm feeling from it as soon as you stepped in. It was warm and the rooms were massive. The food was great especially if you sat in the gorgeous outside patio. They all had great English which is good for travelers like me. I would definitely recommend anyone to stay in this clean and pretty hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ruth Q,

I am pleased to read your comment and glad that you felt so good in hotel Berlin. Our team is doing our best for the guests to feel that way and to come back here. So I hope that you will soon return to hotel Berlin and have many unforgettable memories with us.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We had booked a superior double with balcony and were upgraded to a studio. We were flabbergasted by the size of the room -- could have comfortably held a ball in it! The package included half board. Dinner was very good (although it was somewhat eerie eating in a deserted dining room) and the breakfast buffet was excellent -- lots of hot food, including very tasty bacon and mushrooms, and plenty of cold cuts, cheese, fruit etc. The hotel was sparklingly clean everywhere. It had an indoor swimming pool which we didn't try but which looked good. It is a bit outside of town on a hillside in a lovely residential area, so it is probably a better bet if you have a car, but taxis are plentiful and cheap in Sofia.

Room Tip: We were in A block, which had a sideways view of the city.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for the nice words. I will try to avoid the clichés but indeed we are pleased to know that our guests are satisfied with their stay and give their best evaluation over hotel Berlin.
Once again thank you for your review!

Kristiana Katsarska,

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I did not stay in the hotel but we visited the swimming pool, the spa and the wellness area.
Hotel Berlin Park Vitosha's restaurant serves international cuisine as well as traditional Bulgarian dishes. The traditional Bulgarian dishes were very good, but I ordered a steak "à point" and it was overcooked.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Emilie,

Thank you for your spending your time to write this review. I hope that next time you will have the time to be our guest in the hotel, not only in spa and restaurant.
We hope to see you in hotel Berlin again.

Kind Regards,
Kristiana Katsarska,

Reviewed March 25, 2013

A reasonable hotel in quiet surroundings, well used by business travellers it seems, from the foyer there is a large glass partition that looks into the pool, ok if you like to be watched walking around in your bikini or swimming shorts but personally think I would prefer the glass to be one way viewing from inside the pool. The room was nice and spacious we had a deal on a junior apartment for 1 night which was very cheap, included dinner and breakfast so worth watching out for if you are in this area, food was ok, not great but given the price have no complaints, staff are attentive, polite and professional a well stocked bar provides virtually any drink you can think of and again at a very reasonable price for a 4 star hotel, though I think this premises is actually closer to the top range of a 3 star, all in all worth a visit for what we paid, however would think again if paying the full advertised rate

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.
I see that you were surprised with the glass walls of the pool. But indeed they are very useful. Here in the pool we have children taking classed for learning how to swim. Usually their proud parents are watching them through those windows while having coffee and cake at the lobby.
We are really happy to hear that you tried our restaurant and you had a nice experience with us.
The hotel is with affordable rates and we are open to welcome guests to our 4-star venue. Please fill welcome to visit us again.

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Staying in Berlin Hotel feels like staying in quiet mountain resort, while at the same time it is 7 min drive to the center of Sofia- this is its greatest asset. The other assets are definitely the pool and spa. Rooms are spacious and cozy. Those on upper floor have nice view over whole city. The hotel is at the same time in 1 min drive connecting to Bulgaria Boulevard, one of the main boulevards of the city taking you in downtown area and to the Ring Road if you are heading to the south exit of the city. Great value for the price. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear guest,

I would like to express our gratitude to your review in TripAdvisor. Thank you for detailed and complete explanation of the hotel services and location.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in hotel Berlin.

Wishing all the best,