“Perfect location, great service”
Review of Thracia Hotel

Thracia Hotel
Ranked #9 of 133 Hotels in Sofia
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This hotel is perfectly located in a quiet street just off the main Vitosha Boulevard where there is a great choice of restaurants, cafes and shops. The staff are very helpful and friendly, the room we had was spacious, clean and comfortable. Complementary bottled water in the room is a nice touch as is the room safe. The bathroom was very good and had a powerful rainfall shower. Toiletries were plentiful and of good quality. The reception staff provided us with a very helpful map and a great dinner recommendation in Cactus, just a 5 minute walk away. We only stayed one night but when we return to Sofia we will definitely stay here. Professional, caring staff, unfortunately something of a rarity in Bulgaria.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I would never normally spend time writing a review. But this hotel is just so great! I am really grateful and wanted to thank them and let everyone know that they did an awesome job. Every single staff (5+) that I encountered at this hotel is super friendly and efficiently helpful, which really made a big difference.

I went to Sofia for a big conference. So many of people I know stayed in numerous different hotels in Sofia, and comparing what I heard from others, I felt very lucky that I booked Western according to its No.1 reviews on tripadvisor. And they earned it.

Here are a few things that I like particularly (but not limited to):

- It is not a big hotel, but rather a medium-sized hotel. The staffs can actually remember you and keep track of your special request very well between different shifts.
- My airline lost my luggage. The hotel front desk just simply offered to help to check with the airline every several hours until the luggage is delivered to the hotel. I simply did nothing int the whole process but mentioning it to the front desk.
- Car rental seems to be a bit complicated in Sofia for foreigners; and I was in a rush. I seek for help to the hotel out of desperation. And they just got the rental car for me at a very good price and have the car pick-up and drop-off at the hotel, which is super convenient.
- The wifi is free and very fast in everywhere inside the hotel; which is actually not common in Bulgaria I found. My friends who stayed in Sheraton and Hilton were jealous.
- The room looks good and new.
- Great location. Quiet and close to everything.
- Every staff is very attendant and considerate, but without overdoing it. They will think of you need luggage from storage when I am back from a overnight trip etc, and ask you before you ask them, etc.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The Best Western Premier Thracia Hotel in Sofia is located right in the center of Sofia within easy walking distance to the main shopping area and restaurants. The hotel staff is very caring, attentive, and friendly. The rooms are very large, clean, and tastefully appointed. The beds are very comfortable. The hotel has a parking garage with valet parking. Parking on the streets is impossible to come by. The breakfast room has a very relaxing and inviting atmosphere. The breakfast buffet has something to offer for every taste. In addition to the buffet items the guest can also order some cooked items from a small breakfast menu. A small bar inside the lobby area offers drinks (warm and cold) throughout the day. Wi-Fi was working very well inside the rooms for most of the time and was working great in the lobby area. We definitely enjoyed our stay in this hotel where the staff made every effort to make us feel welcome and special.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mianne109
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel is the best city centre hotel I have ever stayed at. It is truly a luxury hotel in every possible way. You cannot better the location - set in a quiet tree lined street right in the centre of the city. It is a couple of minutes walk to many restaurants and shops. Our room was very spacious and extremely luxurious in every way with quality fixtures and fixings and modern décor. I cannot comment on the food as we only stayed the one night as we had an early morning flight - too early for breakfast. We did get a packed breakfast from the hotel which was more than adequate. When I return to Sofia I will definitely stay at this hotel. My only disappointment was that we were only staying for the one night!!

Room Tip: As the hotel is set in a quiet street I think any room with be fine
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This hotel provided us with 5 nights of very comfortable accommodations. The room was spacious and the bed had perfect firmness. The blackout drapes effectively darkened the room. Additionally, the breakfast was very substantial. The hotel is also located very centrally and we were easily able to walk to the places that we wished to visit. We would certainly return to this hotel if we were to visit Sofia again.

Room Tip: Not sure whether or not the rooms vary much in quality.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

“Good location, quiet but basic”
The hotel is great and has everything I need. I was in Sofia for a business trip. The hotel is clean, rooms are spacious, hotel is new, WiFi Internet is working and is everywhere, breakfast is of very high quality and staff is attentive. The value for money is amazing. Also the location right is right in the city center.

• Stayed: July 2013