“Good choice”
Review of Thracia Hotel

Thracia Hotel
Ranked #9 of 133 Hotels in Sofia
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I spent only 24 hours in Sofia. Now, from the time prespective, it was a good choice; close to the main street, calm place and good price-quality ballance. I was really glad. Very good staff at reception desk; Mr Ivo and Dido; helped me a lot with good recommendation of the place, where I could try bulgarian cuisine; big room, nice bathroom, very good breakfast. The highest note.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank expat72

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for a week on October. The hotel is centrally located, very clean and the breakfast is rich and delicious. this was our first time in Sofia, the hotel staff offers excellent service, they were very kind and helpful. we'll sure come again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Avital T
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The Best Western Hotel Thracia was booked for my fist night on my recent travel to Sofia. Actually, it was part of my flight & hotel package and I did not expect too much by the name "Best Western". As a regular BW guest and as a Diamond member I got not always the best impression about these hotels. However, this proofed to be wrong this time. The BW Thracia is a hidden gem. It is more like a boutique hotel than like an ordinary BW hotel. The upgraded me to a nice suite with a very comfortable bed. It's location can hardly be beat. The hotel is in the middle of downtown. High quality of hotel, room, and also the breakfast was a pleasant surprise. Nice staff members here and there and it made my stay really enjoyable.

When it comes to the transport there was no public transport on my arrival after midnight. So, I ordered a pick-up from the hotel via email some days before I arrived at Sofia airport. The charge was 15 $ and it was a driver who belongs to the hotel. That way I did not need to take a taxi.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Pros:
- excellent location
- fair rate, WiFi included
- good breakfast

Cons:
- I booked double bed but got twin beds. Had to spend the first night in that room and change it the day after.
- Wifi signal was strong in some rooms but not strong enough (especially for iPod Touch) in other room

Room Tip: make sure you have strong WiFi signal in the room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank elodTlv
Reviewed October 6, 2012

we came in july 2012 for a long weekend without kids. the location was great!! the staff was great!! and the breakfeast was great!! there was a bit construction going on with noise...but once we complained we were given a room further away and less noisy. all in all - recomended!!!

Room Tip: our room was above the main street but with no noise :-)
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank orlytModi_in
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The Best Western has perhaps the best location in Sofia, located half a block from the pedestrian street of Bul Vitosha. The area of the city is packed with cafes, restaurants, shopping and people watching. I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights, and it was fantastic. I would recommend staying on the 7th floor where the apartment and suite are located. I stayed one night in each room and was blown away at how big they were, for an incredible value. Each room has a full wrap around deck, and enormous square footage. I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Stay on the 7th floor!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Leslie B
Reviewed September 24, 2012

what one can say when everything in the hotel was very good: location, staff, cleanliness, amenities, prize, breakfast, room service.
The room didn't cause me to call "wow". But that's modern and updated place, with free Wi Fi etc. very friendly and helpful staff and perfect location.
We had a superior room which was very spacious and comfortable.

Room Tip: a superior room is very spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank everfreebird
Travelers also viewed these Sofia hotels
Grand Hotel Sofia
Hilton Sofia
Hilton Sofia
#3 of 133 in Sofia
Les Fleurs Boutique Hotel

Been to Thracia Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Thracia Hotel

Address: ul.Solunska 30, Sofia 1000, Bulgaria (Formerly BEST WESTERN PREMIER Thracia Hotel)
Location: Bulgaria > Sofia Region > Sofia
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #9 of 133 Hotels in Sofia
Price Range: $92 - $157 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Thracia Hotel 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Thracia Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.