All reviewscomfortable stayquiet streettrain stationhostssleepingwificity
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Very nice hostel and really a good bargain. I got a room with ensuite very little bathroom for only 32 lev. All went well, i had a very early night, until in the morning a very upset couple came out asking me why i had the ventilator running in the bathroom all night long. I made the mistake of not switching the light right out of the bathroom, which activates the ventilator. My mistake, i know, but i just had fallen asleep. They told me they couldnt sleep the whole night and charged me extra 5 lev for electricity. I told them i was sorry and that they could have knocked at my door anytime during the evening. Or night. I wasnt quite familiar with that system and i did a mistake, but they were upset. I think a sign in english would have helped, but again my mistake. I only give to stars to this place for the angry overreaction.

Room Tip: Remember to switch off the light in the bathroom and dont make the ventilator run
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank fabiofort
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This place is located between city center and train/bus station which make things very easy. Room is good quality price despite my night was not so good as too cold...but it's my fault, I didn't notice the covers in the locker :(

It's quiet place just before a main street which lead to bus/train station of city center. Wifi is good, I could work 3 hours in the garden, they even provide me a wire to connect to charge my battery in order to stay work in the garden.

I will come back next time :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Willybeijing
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We've been stayed at Elysia Hostel as a couple for a second time! We've liked it very much so the next time we'll book there again. The hosts are very nice and try their best to help us enjoying our stay. There is a nice garden with beautiful flowers. Very good quality versus price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank El G
Reviewed August 12, 2013

It breaks my heart to write this review. The people that run this hostel are so nice and friendly that you instantely would like to forgive them anything. But as this website serves to give neutral information, I must say that we were not very satisfied with the room. It was very small, with a very small double bed tucked away in the corner. There was hardly any room to open a suitcase. The bathroom has the typical "on the floor" type of shower (no problem here) and the drain was not really adapted to the amount of water from the shower, so the bathroom tended to flood. The toilet didn't flush properly (had to repair it twice) and the toilet seat was dirty upon arrival. Maybe they have larger and/or better rooms, I don't know, but ours wasn't really great.
The location is good and the courtyard gives it all a nice atmosphere.
If you are mainly looking for a friendly, cosy place to stay, do not hesitate to book here, but if you are mainly concerned about the room quality, unfortunately I can not recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JobAntwerp
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Nice family-run hostel with helpful and hospitable owners. I had large well appointed and clean room with good breakfast at a reasonable price.
Bus station and many places of interest can be reached by foot in about fifteen minutes from the hostel.
Hope to stay here again