“Not a place for a pizza”
Review of Golden Nero

Golden Nero
Ranked #523 of 1,042 Restaurants in Sofia
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Not a place for a pizza”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is nice and prices are very affordable. As an Italian I would avoid the pizza there (but perhaps I'm too severe seen where I come from). The tiramisu was very good though! Service was nice, waitresses very kind and made the effort to speak in English with us.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Luca M

• Hebrew first
“Italian done well in Sofia”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

After a week of typical Bulgarian fare I was in need of a change. I love Italian food and assumed they could do it right in Sofia. Within walking distance (about a half mile) from the Hilton is Nero. I was not disappointed. Started with a warm goat cheese with walnuts and honey. Excellent. The house wine was Bulgarian Magrud. A generous pour which I ended up with four. Then a bruschetta done well. For a main I had the veal. Frankly a little disappointing. Maybe veal in Bulgaria does not mean the same as in the USA. The pasta (el dante) with olive oil, garlic and peppers was excellent. Afterward while enjoying a cigar and espresso I linked up with some Australian ex pats for a rousing political discussion. Overall a very good dinner for 60 Levas.

• Visited June 2013
Thessaloniki, Greece
“Very good Italian restaurant”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have visited this place for a quick dinner. The decoration is very nice and the place was full of young people. The menu had a small variety of dishes with fresh pasta, fish plates. It was different from the usual menus, reflected their will to create dishes with fresh ingredients.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank kgoumas
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Golden Nero is a golden really to me”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

People, this is the best juice of lemon, mint and ice - the drink non alcoholic cocktail. This is the most fresh pure pleasure!

• Visited August 2012
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Home made italian ICE CREAM <3”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I went to Nero, because I heard they make great chocolate souffle, but stopped on home ice Italian ice cream. The waiter recommended me just come ice dessert ... I ordered a souffle with hazelnut ice cream and my friends - sundae Nero Grade. It was divine! This is the best Italian ice in Sofia. Waiter, my friends and I recommend it. :)

• Visited June 2012