“Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kohinoor Indian Restaurant

Kohinoor Indian Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 973 Restaurants in Sofia
Cuisines: Pakistani, Indian, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Indian restaurant Kohinoor offers authentic and traditional Indian cuisine. The restaurant features several halls, a summer garden and a closed winter garden. The professionally trained staff will assist your choice of the best dish or wine to suit your taste. Our Indian chefs will make sure you fully satisfy your requirements and will try to as best as possible to fulfill any special requirements you may have.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Found this listing on the app and decided to try it. It's a small little spot in what seems to be a residential area. Incredible atmosphere, excellent waiter, food was quick to arrive and was presented beautifully. I had the Lamb Vindaloo and was suggested to get it in medium spice rather than hot and I'm glad I listened! I love spicy and this was intense! I was sweating a good sweat after eating my dish. Rice portion is good to split with two but not more than that. The naan was baked to perfection and ranks as one of the best I've had. Mango lassi was also quite refreshing and helped with cooling my taste buds down after my meal. This is a must if visiting Sofia.

1 Thank Jonathan C

• Czech first
Guildford
“The Best Indian Restaurant In Sofia... I Think So”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

A nice and pretty convenient location. Plenty of parking around. After choosing a light white wine, Villa Yustina recommended by our friendly waiter. So we settled in to, what turned out to be, one of the best Indian meals I've had for some time.

All the usual meat choices (chicken, lamb, fish) including Tandoori and plenty of vegetarian options

For starters, we chose a Chana Chat salad chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumbers and spices and the vegetarian Samosa and Pakora set the tone.

Both starters came with a flavoursome mint sauce. But, be warned, these are not small portions.

My favourite hot Chicken Madras was properly hot and the vegetarian dish, Bhindi Bhaji has plenty of okra in a thick tomato and onion sauce.

The special candle-lit pots that kept the food warm whilst we leisurely took our time... all accompanied by basmati rice and decent naans.

Portions are large... os much so our waiter kindly packed the remains for a takeaway. Top marks for this as I love the curry as much the following day.

Great value for money.

Deservedly popular with the many Indian regular guests eating there on our night there.

3 Thank Lance011
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Great new location, excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

I was really nicely surprised by the new location of Kohinoor - a beautiful house in a quiet central street, wonderful garden, spacious dining area, perfect cleanliness.
Service and food - consistently very good - so much that we were tempted to order a little bit of everything and were unable to finish it off in the end. The nice waiter himself suggested to pack it up as a takeaway so we even have another meal.
Big and tasty dishes, great value for money, attentive service - I cannot fault it with anything.
I liked it before, but now it is even better because of the great new place.
And it is much easier to park.

1 Thank Vanya M
Bucharest, Romania
“Excellent!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

Excellent Indian food! very good taste & nice service. The garden looks very well and its purrfect for summer or rainy days.

1 Thank Roxana O
“The best Indian restaurant in Sofia!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

The dishes were great, so rich of indian spice and scents that the taste remained long in mouths. I found out the cooks are native Indian and Pakistani guys so we consumed an authentic Indian cuisine, not some Bulgarian version of it. There are not many Indian restaurants in Sofia and I have visited them all and this one I liked the most. The staff were very courteous and friendly. They asked us how spicy we would like the dishes and warn us if they are too hot. The place is a wonderful house near The National Palace of Culture. I recommend it!

1 Thank Karedig