The apartment where we stayed for 4 nights was really nicely furnished and on a good location- close to the shopping street, also there is a metro station and two big supermarkets nearby.
The main reason to rent this apartment was a bathtub, a printer and a TV in the bedroom available (there was also a tv in the living room).
It would have been GOOD TO KNOW, that after you make a reservation i.e.via expedia, you pay when you go to the apartment. If you decide to pay by bank card, there is a 12% fee over your qouted price!! Otherwise you can pay by cash with less % fee.
The building was a normal residential apartment building where normal families lived, so one of the things that bothered me was that every morning for 15 min we had to listen an old guy caughing and spitting above our living room (poor guy, but we went there to relax).
The problems started on the first day - The bathtub drain plug was missing, luckly we got a new one on the next day! (problem solved)
- The Tv in the bedroom was broken and they brought it to a service center. We never had a chance to used it in the 5 days we were there.
- The printer didnt have ink and paper - I had to print some documents and I called to ask where can I find the paper, cause there wasnt any in the printer, and I got the answer "In Office one superstore" (this is a store nearby) - So even though it was included in the price to use the priner, I had to bring or buy my own paper. Isnt that ridiculous ?!! The back ink was replaced in one day.
Also you can be bothered early morning by a postlady, because you are staying in someone`s apartment and they may have a letter delivired like what happened to us.
In conclusion, I say that the guest relation manager should check if everything is working BEFORE renting her apartment. Instead of relaxing, we had to deal with something wrong every day.
After our 4 nights there, we decided to extend our stay in Sofia for few more days and there was no doubts, that we want to go to a hotel !!
We trusted the 5star ranking in Trip advisor, and I am disappointed. We were not able to use the extras that we paid for, and all we got was a "sorry" on the phone in the end of our stay.
For me honestly, the apartment is not more than 3.5 stars, because of the nice furniture and good location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alexander Business Apartments is located in the heart of the city of Sofia near by metro station Lion's bridge, offering spacious and luxury business rooms and full furnished apartments with free Wi-Fi internet access. That is an excellent choice for business and cultural trips in Sofia. All air-conditioned rooms are soundproof and have very comfortable king-size beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Alexander Business Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.