“Excellent!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Cambridge, MA
“Excellent!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I definitely recommend Pri Yafata. It's an old restaurant with lots of traditional decorations all around, and its menu features the highlights of Bulgarian cuisine. The wait staff is definitely knowledgeable and will work with you to make sure your experience there is as good as it can be. Best of all, they serve up true delicacies that will probably leave you wanting more. If you go, I hope you like it

Visited October 2012

• Greek first
Baltimore, Maryland
“Delish food, worth the trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stopped here because the hostel told me this place had good traditional Bulgarian. I was a bit worried when I didn't see anyone else there -- but then I realized it was only 4:30 and way too early for dinner!

I asked the stone-faced waiter for recommendations; I'm pretty sure he pointed to every single thing on the menu. I got the pork, sausage, and mushrooms in chili sauce, which blew my socks off! I wasn't expecting it to be so good. It looked sort of boring, like it would just take like a beef stew. But the spice blend and the right amount of heat and the tenderness of the meat with the generous mushrooms........... very very good!

I hear they have live music later at night, but I wasn't there late. I wish I had more time in Sofia to try more dishes at this place. Alas, I will save it for another trip.

• Visited September 2012
Wien, Österreich
“Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Had dinner. Nice stuff. Good red wine 18'5 leva. Food was good. Folklore and payed Bulgarian music. We loved the atmosphere.

Visited September 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Invest in a new chef!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

This a typical Bulgarian establishment serving typical Bulgarian fare. The restaurant is furnished and decorated in typical Bulgarian fashion. The only reason we chose to eat here was that it was directly opposite our hotel and we were caught in a thunderstorm! The menu was a 'meatfest'!! My partner chose the mixed grill and I had shish kebabs. My partner's meal was delivered on a plate the size of a dustbin lid and piled up high. There was chicken and sausage and other types of meat that defied desciption! All served luke warm with cold roasted vegetables. My lamb kebabs were inedible. There is an apathy about this type of establishment that I find puzzling. I don't expect 'fine dining' but at least the food could be well cooked and prepared. Avoid at all costs!!

Visited May 2012
Sofia, Bulgaria
“food OK but local dancers are quite annoying”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

Can't say much more than the title says. The food is mostly national Bulgarian cuisine and it is fine with reasonable prices. But these dancers are really a pain as they come to each table and moreover whenever I've been there they are always present. A constant threat :)

Visited April 2011