“Best rakia, but food is also good”
Review of Barhana

Barhana
Ranked #31 of 424 Restaurants in Sarajevo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Usually very crowded, so you have to wait a bit long, but service is still fine. Also Bosnian food, tasty and big portions. Especially recommend soups. The rakia is the best what I found in town. Atmosphere is really nice, bit hidden, both inside and outside seating.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I felt more like it's a place for drinking and having a snack, rather then eating. I loved the atmosphere. Have to try their schnapps especially cherry schnapps and others...

Reviewed April 27, 2014

I got recommendations from the locals to go to Barhana for soups which wouldn't contain meat (as almost everything contains meat in Sarajevo :) First times I was really happy with the carrot and ginger soup/another time tomato soup which both times were served with tasty bread, it cost 3 KM and I was very satisfied. So another time i went there with some other tourists, but then we had to wait for our meals almost an hour, and my soup was cold and without any bread. Last time I went there was yesterday, I've ordered zucchini soup and Greek salad. Zucchini soup was very tasty, but cold again, and I didn't get any bread with soup nor with my salad, and the salad didn't even resemble Greek salad, the only similar ingredients were cucumbers and tomatoes :D this made me laugh but also i was very disappointed, some slices of tomatoes, cucumbers, a salad leaf and some cheap cheese wasn't worth 4 KM at all. So I am not sure if I will go there again, if any of you know better places to eat good value soup in Sarajevo, please tell me :)

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I like the atmosphere in the evening,great for drinking and some meza with it :)) We really had a good time.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We arrived in Sarajevo by car quite late and were looking for a place to have dinner. It was after 9 p.m. and most places seemed closed (we were strangers in town without much orientation). We found Barhana from the rather uninviting menu sign on the street. It said pizza, pasta, soup and salad – typical menu you find when you travel in the Balkans (?). But the inside was a pleasant surprise. The atmosphere was quite authentic with a good combination of tourists and locals. We liked it! Of course it had a good selection of grappa/rakia (local brandy; you can’t miss it when you are in the Balkans!). We ordered cheese mezze (like a platter of 4 different local cheeses with some olives), cabbage salad and a white pizza. All dishes were tasty and a good portion. Perhaps the cheese mezze is good for 3 or 4 people. We felt “cheesy” to finish it! The next table ordered a cheese and meat combined mezze dish, so it’s possible. There were also local Balkan dishes on the menu, which we didn’t try to stay light at late hours. The only downside was smoking is allowed inside. As the place is not so spacious without much ventilation, I felt suffocated towards the end of our dinner. Overall, we would definitely go back.

1  Thank hamutukness