“Average hotel, small rooms”
Review of Hotel Boutique 36

Hotel Boutique 36
Ranked #21 of 70 Hotels in Sarajevo
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Location is good, close to "bascarsija", old part of town which then stretches to downtown center. Parking almost doesn't exist, you park at the street if you can find the space. I must say the reception workers were nice and helpful, they greeted us kindly, but I was disappointed how I was misled by room photos from their website. The reality is that the room was 2x smaller than I anticipated. Bathroom was literally 1m away from the bed and you could barely turn around in the room. Breakfast was OK, but again, not what I thought it'd be and wasn't worth the price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The location of the hotel is great, not too far from the old town area. Taxi rank and tram stop is five minutes’ walk. Take tram 1 from train/bus station. It costs 1.60KM. Don’t forget to stamp the ticket! Staffs were very friendly and helpful. They even let me use their internet as I did not have my own laptop. The rooms were equipped with AC, Fridge and TV. Breakfast was good but cold and could do with more choices. I arrived from Mostar by train. I must recommend the journey, it is very scenic. If you travel by bus then sit on left side. A day pass in Sarajevo costs 5.30KM. You can only obtain this from a kiosk behind the cathedral. Only snag was a prayer call at 4am in the morning.

Room Tip: Room away from front. One at the top is nice.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rameshlcfc
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Location is great, just 3 minute walk from the pigeon's square (down-town center)

The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. Sead, the owner, picked me up from the airport in his shuttle bus for free. Andrea, Eldina, Vildana, Azra and Sanela were all great and made my stay very pleasant.

The breakfast was very good with freshly-served Bosnian coffee and fresh bread, fruits, cheeses and veggies. Cereal and milk are also served.

Rooms are clean and equipped with a fridge, A/C, hair dryer, a desk, a telephone and a flat screen TV

The WiFi speed was good.

I highly recommend this hotel for solo and traveling couples.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are quieter
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Hotel is very close to old city center. Rooms are clean although not very big. Staff is really, really helpful and friendly. They organize free transfer from and to airport which is a very big advantage.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Arrived and had to be buzzed in. The gal working to check us in was nice and took us to our tiny room. Not what we thought the room would be. Knowing it was the off season we asked for a larger room which they gave us after the first night in the smaller room. We went from a 60 square foot room to a 120 square foot room, which after traveling for 2 weeks, we needed the space. When I say cold customer service, isn't a bad thing for me. I don't need over the top happy go lucky service. Breakfast was good and arriving for breakfast wasn't a warm hello or anything. Fine with me. More importantly, the rooms were clean, nicely decorated and had a lot of channels on the TV. There was noise outside but that's not an issue for me. Wear ear plugs if you don't want to deal with it. Price was good and we were just around the corner from old town Sarajevo. Sorry. I thought I had photos of the actual hotel.

Room Tip: I would request one of the bigger rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 24, 2013

we have stayed at this hotel for 6 nights. the location is great very close to the city center (bascharsi). breakfast is good. rooms are very clean and nice. the hotel made our transfer from airport to hotel and hotel to airport. the staff is very helpfull about everything.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank hande k
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Staff were really friendly and very helpful. The location of the hotel is great, just up the road from the old town area. It is accessible by taxi as it is outside the pedestrian area. This was useful for my very early departure to the airport. It is not a glamourous hotel but the staff are lovely and the room was comfortable. There is a post office and supermarket on the same street which was also handy.

Room Tip: Chose a backside rooms to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business