“Two words: No Brainer!”
Review of Toorico Tours

Toorico Tours
Ranked #1 of 43 Tours in Sarajevo
More attraction details
Owner description: "Toorico Tours" is a social entrepreneurship that offers different tours in and around Sarajevo and as well around Bosnia and Herzegovina. 10% of our income goes to charities/projects in Bosnia and Herzegovina according to the choice of the client.
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Contact Ervin/Toorico Tours to show you Sarajevo. Period. It's the best money you'll never spend---because his prices are nominal and his service is off the charts. Included in nominally-priced tours is he'll pick you up at any any point of entry to Sarajevo and given this is a real foreign country (meaning little spoken english) Ervin can get you safely to your lodgings where you can determine when you might want one of the tours he offers. The tours are informative, fun, and stress-free. Ervin will explain all and answer all---and if he doesn't know the answer, he'll e-mail it to you later. But it doesn't stop there: Ervin will offer to help in any way to make your stay in his city all it can be. All the history from the Ottomans Castles to where Bill Clinton lunched and everything in between. He even guided me to an F.C. Sarajevo soccer match (I think that was a first for him).

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Ervin was the absolute nicest and most helpful tour guide I have ever encountered in over 9 years of touring Europe. What a gracious person. He will literally bend over backwards for you-including: meeting at the train/bus station, taking you to your hotel, meeting you at your hotel for your tour and seeing you off to your next destination. Not that it really matters for this type of professional, all encompassing service, but Ervin's prices are also amazing. Upon my return to Sarajevo Ervin will be the first person I contact. He should be the first person you contact too.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Ervin is a great guy and guide. He's more than willing to help you organizing your trip to Bosnia and will be your guide 24/7, for everything you need and whenever you need him.
Due to his personal background he is very knowledgeable and he is willing to tell not only about his country's but also about his personal history. This makes his tours very interesting and I'm pretty sure that thanks to him you will be able to understand Bosnia in all it's facets!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Without Ervin we would have missed more than half of Sarajevo!

Sarajevo is a very nice, but also more-sided city, which can only be fully understood when shown by someone who has the local knowledge. Ervin, our Tourguide for Sarajevo not only knew to tell us (in sublime English) every little detailed story of Sarajevo, complete with all background information neccesary to understand, but also showed us the best places to relax, hang out, get something to eat, have a drink or get some specialities at the markets.

A tour by this guy means a tour full of stories, fun, variety and connection with the city's past, present and future. However, it doesn't stop there. Ervin has his pollicy that whenever you want he gives you advice and information after the tour has finished, for example about where to go in other towns, or detailed history and articles about Bosnian cultural going out, nightlife, and about Bosnia and Herzigovina in General. He is only content when you are fully content.

So if you really want to see the best of Sarajevo and want to enjoy the best local untouristic or undiscovered spots, you can't go without Ervin!

1  Thank CamielvanHove
Reviewed May 18, 2013

i came into contact with Ervin when I posted questions on tripadvisor about bus schedule. he was so helpful that he called the bus company to confirm the schedule. he offered to show me the city, the tunnel and his neighbourhood for a incredibly low price. i was hesitant at first but luckily i accepted his offer.

he met me at the bus station and accompanied me to my pansion for free. i was impressed that he'd taken the trouble of going there beforehand to ensure we wouldn't get lost. the neighbourhood tour was interesting. besides traces of the war, i was shown the real life of Sarajevans, where they do grocery shopping, what they eat, etc. i even tried some in the market:) when we stopped for coffee, Ervin showed me a wide variety of books about Sarajevo. at the end of the day, he walked me back to the pansion and recommended a very nice local restaurant to me. i wasn't hungry at the time so he translated part of the menu for me so that i wouldn't have any trouble ordering food later.

we also went to the tunnel museum. a war veteran went with us too and their (a soldier's and a civilian's) first-hand experiences gave me a very clear idea of what had happened. and i'm very grateful that Ervin made special arrangements for me to visit the history museum. during my time in both museums, he patiently translated the exhibits into english for my benefit.

on the last day, he even accompanied me to the airport, again, for free, and chatted with me til it was time for passport control!

I will always remember these three days in Sarajevo because of Ervin, who impressed me with his intelligence, knowledge (of even Hong Kong!!), sense of humour (and i learnt many jokes shared by the locals:P), friendliness... (and the list goes on and on) If anyone is planning to visit Sarajevo, DO CONTACT ERVIN and you will definitely have the best possible experience in Sarajevo. at the end of the trip, you will make a special and great friend whom you will never forget.

Hvala Ervin!!!