Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Green Visions tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Green Visions
from $63.50
from $57.70
from $51.90
from $57.70
More Info
All reviews sutjeska national park lukomir village day trip great hike mountain biking easy hike primeval forest bobotov kuk natural scenery professional organization highly recommend this trip planned hike village tour picnic lunch walking trip wild flowers lovely trip
Reviewed 1 week ago

We spent a wonderful day in Lukomir and the surrounding highlands with our Green Visions guide Branko. Truly gorgeous scenery, fascinating culture, delicious lunch - everything was great. Thanks to Branko and Green Visions for sharing this very special part of the world with us.

Samer H, Mountain Guide / Program Coordinator at Green Visions, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Evan,
Thank you for your time and review.

Lukomir seems so close to Sarajevo, but once you get there so far away. Great to hear you enjoyed the entire experience and I'll make sure show Branko your review.

Thank you for being with us and all the best.
Travel safely!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were a group of 25 English speaking people and took the Seven Watermills and Cascades walk with Green Visions. The guides were brilliant and the hike was absolutely stunning. It was a huge success with everyone in the group.
A must do in Bosnia!

Samer H, Mountain Guide / Program Coordinator at Green Visions, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your time to leave a review here on TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure to see a review like this.
We're more than glad we had a chance to host you in Umoljani village and to share some of Bosnian Highlands recently.

Hope we will have you back very soon again.

Until next time,
All the best.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We did the Lukomir tour from Sarajevo, it was a great experience. During the ride to Lukomir, our guide Mustafe gave us interesting information about the surrounding environment and about the country. The hike and the views were really wonderful, a very enjoyable experience.
We are both vegetarian and our guide provided a nice vegetarian lunch which was also much appreciated.

Samer H, Mountain Guide / Program Coordinator at Green Visions, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Sarajevo surrounding hides many interesting places and Lukomir Village is real gem among them.

Thank you for your comment and time to share your experience with others.
Hope we will have a chance to host you again, some other time.

Greetings from your Green Visions friends!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I sign up for the circuit hike from Umoljani to Lukomir Village with Green Vision few days before my departure from home. The entire reservation was handled smoothly by Samer from the beginning till the tour day from Sarajevo. I wanted to mention that it was great to have Samer as my guide as the pick-up from my accommodation was on time. As we travelling to Umoljani, Samer started to share his knowledge and give me history, current affairs, economic insights of Bosnia. This was really an incredible experience. When we started the hike Samer asked me to follow my own pace and don't have to rush. And he also started to explain how these highland villages were created, daily life in the villages and etc. As we arrived at Lukomir, we had our delicious lunch and continued our walk back to Umoljani.

To sum up, this trip was really worth it and I strongly recommend Green Vision and Samer if you want to understand the history and things about Bosnia plus also the professional experiences they display in hiking. I would definitely sign up for longer hikes with Green Vision again in the future when I return to Bosnia again.

Dear Chean,
Thank you very much for your time to write review and such a nice words about our work.

I'm glad you enjoyed the tour, cause I know I definitely did.

Thank you for the photos you sent and hope we will see you back in Bosnia very soon.
Greetings from Sarajevo.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was lucky enough to have Samer show me around Bosnia. I was travelling solo and I'm in my late 60's and certainly not athletic - Samer never rushed me and made me feel like I was travelling with a friend. He has an excellent knowledge and a lovely manner. It was a leap of faith when I booked Green Visions as I don't personally know anyone who has used their services before, indeed don't know any who has even holidayed in Bosnia. Right from my initial contact Samer responded to my emails quickly and I was very pleased with the itinerary he set for me. I know Green Visions are more of an adventure operator but the soft tour they did for me was perfect. You won't get a better operator than Green Visions.

Dear Mary,
Thank you for your kind words.

I'm very glad if I managed to get Bosnian culture and nature closer to you.
I'm sure we have a new "ambassador" now who will spread a good word about Bosnia, "down under".

Take care and hope our paths will cross sometimes again.

Greetings from Sarajevo.

Reviewed September 16, 2018

We were a group of five from the UK, and spent five days in Bosnia and Montenegro with Green Visions and their superb guide Samer. We had been to Bosnia with GV before (a day trip to Visocica mountain from Sarajevo) so had high expectations. This time we visited Sutjeska National Park (to climb Maglic and see the WW2 monument at Tjentiste), rafted on the Tara and Drina, and then crossed the border to Montenegro to climb Bobotov Kuk in Durmitor National Park. The trip exceeded even our high expectations: gorgeous scenery, challenging but rewarding hiking, very well-organised and professional guiding, and good/excellent accommodation, all for a very reasonable price. I would visit again with GV without hesitation - whether with friends or family/kids. And though I'm sure GV have many excellent guides, I doubt they have any better than Samer! He combines a responsible attitude to hiking in the mountains with being an extremely knowledgeable guide to this fascinating region. I cannot recommend GV highly enough!

Samer H, Mountain Guide / Program Coordinator at Green Visions, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2018

Hello Richard,
Thank you for being with us and your time to share your experience with Green Visions.

I'm glad we had such a great weather and managed to complete the whole itinerary as we planned.
Honestly, I enjoyed a lot with you guys and would be more than glad to see you back in Bosnia again.

All the best and hope our paths will cross somewhere again.
Cheers!

Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

Fabulous day hike in Sutjeska. Awesome scenery and a great immersion in the beauty of BiH's oldest National Park. Branco our guide looked after our group really well, was highly organised, knowledgeable about the area and judged the walking pace perfectly for our group. We even had a brief glimse of a bear cub by the road side driving back (quite rare, but a special memory). Thanks Green Visions for a truly great day!

Thank you for giving us a chance to share our knowledge with you.
Branko is one of our guides who is very considerate and extremely adaptable to needs of our guests, so we're glad that he made that kind of impression. Bear cub is quite a moment to remember, I'm quite jealous about it.

We hope that this is not the last time you visit Balkan area and if you need any assistance in your future journeys in this area, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Until then,
All the best!

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

The hike tour to Sutjeska Park was very well organized, Kudos to the tour company and more specially to Adnan our tour guide. He was very accommodating and patient in answering our questions, add to that his deep knowledge in biology which was well suited for this kind of tour... we had a picnic upon reaching the lake, and had this group photo! Amazing experience!

If you love hiking and nature, Sutjeska Park is a must place to see, once you're in Bosnia.

Adnan definitely knows to make visit to this Park exceptional and we're glad that he has been your host.

Take care and hope to see you back in Bosnia very soon again.
Cheers!

Reviewed August 26, 2018

From sleeping in a mountain hut at the base of a natural amphitheater in Montenegro’s Durmitor National Park to drinking homemade rakija at a guesthouse overlooking Europe’s deepest river canyon, the eight-day trip was a stunning experience. The guides were exceptionally knowledgable with regard to not only the flora and fauna, but about the history that each trail, park, river, guesthouse, hut and noteworthy monument we crossed paths with. Their vast insight really helped our group understand the culture and heritage of the places and people we visited. They were always available to talk, answer questions or provide any assistance that the group needed.

Our group came from all over the world and had a wide range of outdoor experience; therefore, the trip leaders adjusted the hikes to accommodate everyone without foregoing any of the attractions. The guides even had to contend with tricky weather, but made each day fun and successful despite the challenges. They could not have been more prepared with multiple plans for each day -- about which they thoroughly briefed us. We always knew what to expect and how we would make it to see the sights we planned to visit.

My time along the Via Dinarica with Green Visions has been unforgettable, and I can't wait for the next trek.

Thank you for your review and such an amazing words.

Via Dinarica as a concept can offer so much to travelers through the region.
This is a beautiful "playground" for those who enjoy the hiking and outdoors.

We're glad that our Adventure we organized on this magnificent long distance trail left such an impression on you.
Hope we will see you back discovering Via Dinarica again.

Thank you and all the best!

Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

So basically our Sutjeska national park trip description went somehow like this: 2 hour car drive, then hiking to the lake, having a lunch at the lake, continuing to the memorial site and Skakavac waterfall, then drive back.

What we ended up doing? Driving at least 4 hours in one way in a van without seatbelts, then walk 5 km to the lake (that was supposed to be seen from up since it has a beautiful heart-shape, but we only walked directly to it..) and ate the "Lunch" that they offered. Lunch was just pieces of bread with some meat and ajvar. Then we basically ran back through the same route even though it was slippery and drove back to Sarajevo.

Green visions guides failed to make the trip like they had promised. They also failed to tell us anything about the surroundings, making you feel like running after your teacher on a school trip. Also they wrote on the plan that passports are not needed and ended up asking it in the forest. A complete fail and not worth the 50 € that we had to pay in the end even tho we didnt have the trip we signed up for. Use other agencies if you plan for Bosnia&Herzegovina!

Thierry_Joubert, Owner at Green Visions, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Dear Sabina,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear the trip did not meet your expectations. We should have been more rigorous in making sure the trip was the right one for you and your friend. We've taken steps to minimize something like this happening in the future.

We will reimburse you your 50EUR, and my colleague will be in touch with you shortly.

Again we're sorry and hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Best,