“Second Home”

Travellers Home Hostel
Perth, Australia
“Second Home”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Hostelworld would like to categorise me as a 'Novice Nomad' because I've not written any reviews. It's not that the last 25 hostels don't deserve a review, it's just that my mother always said, "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all" but mostly I'm just lazy. However, this hostel 110% deserves the effort of review. Traveller's Home Hostel is a trap. I intended to stay 2 nights but with such hospitable, informative and fun staff, Miran, Alem and Nane, this turned into 3 weeks.

If you eventually muster the will to leave this hostel and incredible, history rich city beware of its perpetually, spinning vortex pulling you back for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JessicaWitt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was so happy to have found this place in Sarajevo. I went there for a weekend trip with some friends and I loved it. We stayed in a 8 bed dorm. Everything was extremely clean, the beds were very cute and comfy. There were large security boxes for each bed and reading lights as well. I never had to wait for a bathroom. I think there were maybe 3 and the one upstairs was newly renovated and beautiful (the one downstairs was fine as well, just not as brand new). We had free breakfast every morning which was super fresh bread from a bakery nearby, coffee, butter, jams etc. They also had those dried soups you could take for free and make if you wanted. The staff was very nice and helpful. Even after checkout we just hung out there waiting for our bus and no one rushed us out. Oh and the location was absolutely perfect! You could walk to everything; the old city, all the sites, all the bars and shopping. I recommend taking a taxi if you come by bus, because it's very far. If you are going to Sarajevo (which you should by the way, it's beautiful) stay here!

Room Tip: When we were there the downstairs rooms were more festive and the upstairs more quiet, but could hav...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 30, 2013

One of the best hostels I have stayed at! It was very clean, staff was friendly, great location. There were also 5 bathrooms which meant you never had to wait in line to shower or get ready. The free breakfast was perfect. Internet worked great as well. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed May 24, 2013

After reading some older comments I noticed that a few people I had actually stayed with at this hostel had actually written similar reviews. Best hostel I have every had the pleasure of staying at.. And that is not an overstatement. Comfortable beds, Extremely clean, very friendly staff and a central location give this hostel an A+ rating in my books. Of special mention would have ti be Miran and Alim, the awesome dudes working the hostel during my stay who always went out of their way to help me out whether it was with directions or ordering a pizza for me over the phone. The previous comments about the staff not being helpful and the directions being misleading were probably posted by people who were too shy to ask the staff for advice and probably couldnt read very well because the Hostel is quite easy to find.

ENJOY!

Room Tip: Go with the dorms. It seems to me like Sarajevo attracts travellers of similar personalities so bein...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Cody K
kuala Lumpur
Reviewed April 21, 2013

5 star travellers home hostel. Good location, clean room and bed, very friendly and helpful staff. For Muslim travellers the location is near to mosque and halal food. Arrived late at night but the the was reay with a warm welcomed in a cold night. Free internet acess. Stayed for 3 night in June,2012. A very unfogettable experienced. if you have a heavy luggage, good to book at lower floor cos there is no lift or escalator.

Room Tip: Book room at the lower floor cos there no lift or escalator.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Faredkualalumpur
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This was a very nice hostel although I didn't have much luck getting useful information from the staff. The directions from the bus station were not really that useful either. However, overall this is a comfortable and homely hostel. It was quiet quiet when I was staying there.

Very close to all the shops, bars and the bridge. Be warned not to go to Bosna for burek. The hostel recommended this place, but the burek was very poor here.

The free breakfast here was fine. And bathrooms were clean.

I would consider staying here if I came back to Sarajevo.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank thejournalist
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great hostel in a great location. You are right in the center of everything and it is easy to get almost anywhere by foot. My girlfriend and I stayed in a private room, which was very good. We also had access to a huge kitchen so we could make our own meals and keep our beer cold. The morning breakfast was solid and the staff was very helpful. Great place to stay in Sarajevo.

Room Tip: We stayed in a private room which was great. Was very quiet when trying to go to sleep. It is on a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple