“Very good and professional service”
Review of Sarajevo Tour

Sarajevo Tour
Ranked #10 of 44 Tours in Sarajevo
More attraction details
Owner description: I am JADRANKA SUSTER, an experienced private licensed guide.The most popular tours are: Walks, panoramic, cultural, historical, religious diversity, hiking, villages, Daily trips Culinary workshop, Culinary tours Food and Drinks, Copper smith work shop, Language lessons ( BCS - Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian) War tour - Tunnel, mine fields, Museum featuring an exhibit "Sarajevo Under the Siege". All day tours - Mostar, Blagaj, Pocitelj, Stolac, Radimlja, Srebrenica, Olympic sites Sarajevo '84.Tours in English, Russian, Czech Jadranka Suster's "SARAJEVO TOUR" is the only legal tourist guide service with this registred name, authorized to provide local guiding services.
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I recently travelled to Bosnia and Herzegovina for 5 days. In order to make maximum use of 3 full days (no flights these days) of my stay in Sarajevo I appealed to Jadranka Suster, a Sarajevo based guide. I felt immediately that she was a very good choice. Jadranka knows everything in Sarajevo. The main attractions are within walking distance but if you also want to have a global view of the city from the top of the mountains surrounding the city, see the goat bridge and walk through the war tunnel, then simply ask her to call a taxi.
Jadranka has a well developed network which made it possible to quickly organize trips outside Sarajevo. If you know what you want to see you will see it when you want. Of course she will help you by making valuable suggestions if you didn’t have time to prepare. In any case it’s completely customized. The second day we went to Mostar and some interesting places in Herzegovina. The third day we travelled in the Bjelašnica (a mountain southwest of Sarajevo) to the villages of Umoljani, Gradina and Lukomir.
Jadranka is an entertaining person and answers your questions in a well considered way. As she speaks the language of the country you can easily get in touch with the locals everywhere you come. People in Bosnia and Herzegovina are very communicative.

2  Thank Jean-Marie S
All reviews
"bosnian coffee"
in 10 reviews
"highly recommend her to anyone"
in 3 reviews
in 8 reviews
"explanation"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I contacted Jadranka some time before our visit to plan two days with her. She responded to us very quickly, very friendly and with good advice on what to do. When we had two additional people joining and leaving at a late stage, she quickly rearranged transport. We spent one day around Sarajevo, not only walking the centre but also by car including the war tunnel, Vrelo Bosne, Goat Bridge and the fortress for panoramic views. We really saw so much but it did not feel rushed. The second day she had arranged a visit to Umoljani- we ate delicious burek, having seen it made, and walked in the hills to a small settlement. We also visited mediaeval tombstones and the olympic ski jump area. I should add that the drivers on both days had top quality vehicles and were very professional. We had a great introduction and hope to visit Sarajevo again to see even more. We would thoroughly recommend Jadranka.

2  Thank sarh
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Jadranka is a first class guide - we spent an entire day with her walking the city, driving to several panoramic views of the city, and seeing the 1984 Olympic site remnants.

Jadranka planned the day in advance based on our interests and then made the appropriate adjustments along the way to deliver a great experience. She is well versed in all aspects of Sarajevo and provides a very compelling first person experience of all that has happened in this amazing place.

I am thankful we found Jadranka and for our day together - I would highly recommend Jadranka for your visit!

3  Thank M M
Reviewed July 8, 2012

If it is your first time in Sarajevo, I strongly suggest taking a private guided tour with Jadranka! She not only showed me the sights, but gave me a real taste of the city and its people. I can't wait to return to Sarajevo, and this is due in large part to my introduction to the city offered by Jadranka. She provided me with fascinating details about the city's past and present, and I left wishing I had more time to spend there. Sarajevo has so many layers that it’s essential to have an insider help you get acquainted with the many cultures and customs. I felt that without her help, I would have been aimlessly wandering through the city, and missed out so many remarkable sights and hidden places. This is exactly why you need Jadranka!!

Although I gave her short notice, Jadranka sent a rapid response that she would meet me in the morning at my hotel, and told me that she had our day arranged. I felt like it was a real luxury to be able to relax that evening and let her handle the details. Her extensive knowledge of the city was immediately evident as she easily led me through the streets. Each street was more interesting than the next; I can't remember the last time I've had so much fun. Also, she seemed to know everyone—so many people stopped to tell her hello and clearly held her in high regard. Meeting her acquaintances only enhanced my experience.

Jadranka is energetic, knowledgeable, witty, and great company! She is quick to laugh, and I enjoyed chatting with her and drinking delicious Bosnian coffee throughout the day. Instead of leading you through the city at a breakneck pace like some guides, Jadranka allows you time to ask questions, take photographs, and get a real sense of the place. I believe I saw more than most people normally see on an organized tour, yet we also made time to enjoy the great cafe culture there. She can certainly take you to the main sights, but also off the beaten path. I really can't imagine a better day or a better guide.

While other guides will approach you on the street,  they are NOT licensed like Jadranka, nor do they possess her extensive qualifications. She has appeared in numerous documentaries and is a life long resident of the city. Moreover, her enthusiasm and knowledge are unparalleled, as far as I’m concerned. I strongly advise that you do not support this black market. Not only are these unlicensed guides not versed in history, what they are doing is illegal, as they do not pay taxes or register with the proper authorities.

My day with Jadranka was really one of the best I’ve had and has been an amazing introduction to a place both mysterious and beautiful—a place to which I am anxious to return. Not only was Jadranka helpful by negotiating taxis for me and making several calls to assist me in my other travel plans throughout BiH, she was an exceptional guide who showed me a side of Sarajevo I’m certain I’d never see on my own. I’m so grateful to her for a such a wonderful day and recommend anyone visiting to schedule a tour with her too!

4  Thank Adrienne S