“A cosy little tea shop in the heart of Sarajevo”

Franz & Sophie World of Tea
Ranked #2 of 24 Coffee & Tea in Sarajevo
Description: Specialist tea shop with 200 different teas and tea room, non smoking first tea sommelier in the region
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“A cosy little tea shop in the heart of Sarajevo”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I am Sarajevan and I love this place. It is very cosy very pleasant and very warm. You can either go there and have a cup of tea accompanied by philosophical conversation with the owner Adnan or simply go there explore a very good variety of differrent tea sorts and make a perfect gift for you self. Either way you will not get wrong.

Have a good cup of tea!

• Visited April 2012

• Turkish first
Sarajevo, Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bosnia and Herzegovina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favorite place in Sarajevo”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have been living in Sarajevo for more than a year now and Franz&Sophie is for sure my favorite place. Particularly, if you are a tea-lover, it is the place to be. Especially in the cold Sarajevo winters, the tea made by Adnan (the owner) is a source of peace and comfort. Talking about Franz&Sophie, one should definitely say that it is owned and run by an extremely interesting, friendly and charming person, namely, Adnan. His nice companion contributes a lot to the reputation of this place if you ask me. His expertise on tea is immense and the way he passionately tells the customers about "tea", the ways of bruming it, the characteristics of different kinds of tea leaves and such makes one envious of his job. It is also fun to tell him what you feel like trying that day and see the variety of offers he can quickly come up with.

I also love the colorfully designed tea boxes and all the other tea-related stuff sold at Franz&Sophie.

Shortly, while visiting Sarajevo, this is one of "the" spots definitely not to be missed!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Saygirl
Washington, DC
“Incredible little shop”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This adorable tea shop is tucked away near the old city in Sarajevo. A friend had to show me where it was. The owner speaks excellent English and is extremely hospitable and knowledgable about tea. They have every blend imaginable to get you through those cold Sarajevo winters. I only sampled some tea when I stopped by because I was short on time but I intend to go back and by a special blend to take home and have in the evening. He also sells some adorable little tea pots with the strainers. I can see this place turning me into a tea connoisseur :). Excellent shop and I will most definitely be back.

• Visited October 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“Great find!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Such a great find in a little street of Sarajevo and a fantastic place to buy gifts! ( we bought 6 bags of tea, which were apparently delicious!). The owner is super lovely and I would highly recommend a visit.

• Visited June 2012
Uppsala, Uppsala Län, Sweden
“The absolute highlight of our trip”
Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

This was without any doubt the best tea that I have ever had. But this place offers so much more than just fantastic tea.

The owner is one of the nicest, most hospitable and most interesting men I've ever met. A visit here is like a visit to his home and he treats you as a dear friend, passing on his knowledge both of tea and life.

We came for the tea, stayed for the company and managed to taste over 10 different teas for which we were not allowed to pay even a single mark.

This was the absolute highlight of our trip to Sarajevo even though we absolutely loved the rest of it as well