“Neno is great!”

Neno & friends free Sarajevo walking tours
Ranked #6 of 43 Tours in Sarajevo
More attraction details
Owner description: We are Neno, Merima & Davor. We want everyone to experience real Sarajevo regardles of budget and with us you will. We will show you must see attractions and you will hear the most interesting stories. You will not only learn about the city but you will probably make at least one new friend.
Reviewed February 22, 2013

So, I arrived in Sarajevo during the low tourist season but I loved it. After a visit to the Historical Museum and after walking around the city for a couple of hours upon arrival, I felt I had a good background to meet Neno with the next day for a walking tour. Of course, the fact that the tour was free, was a major incentive for me to contact Neno, but because his tour was so fantastic, I tipped him as much as I would have paid on another city tour. He told me that no one else had signed up for the day I had requested to do the tour, but he was still willing to meet me anyway, which I thought was awesome! We met at the normal meeting point on a rainy, cold morning but Neno arrived enthusiastic and keen to tell me about his city's tragic, extensive yet fascinating history. Neno went really in depth but in an easy to understand manner when talking about the history of Sarajevo throughout time. I was happy to have a bit of knowledge from the museum so that I could ask questions and comment on some of the things he told me about but then there were many things, like about the Yugo cars, that were light-hearted and not something you'd just come across when researching Sarajevo and Bosnia-Herzegovina. I was also happy to have been a risk-taker in trying Bosnian Coffee with Neno, in a cute gazebo-like coffee shop by the Latin Bridge, as I loved it and I'm not a coffee drinker! He even treated me to my first coffee and when I asked about more Bosnian food, he took me to a local favourite pie (or burek) shop when our tour was finished. I could go on and on but by judging by what's already written by other reviewers, Neno's fantastic, extremely knowledgeable and a must meet person if you're in Sarajevo! :)

1  Thank Melinda M
in 6 reviews
"great guy"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Neno provided the best walking tour that I have ever had. He was so knowledgeable, personal, and interesting. He was full of great historical facts along with personal stories and insights. Highly recommended!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Neno is a charming, interesting and eloquent student who brought the history of Sarajevo to life with his experiences. Seeing the city through his eyes is both sobering and an inspiration for the future. We rounded off our tour with a very welcome coffee in the Turkish quarter and further interesting discussion with Neno. Highly recommended. Ann, Catherine and Charlotte.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you are considering a walking tour, please do this one. Neno was amazing. He was right on time, he was a great guy, and he was incredibly knowledgeable. The tour lasted about three hours, and it was worth every minute. Apart from describing the various important buildings and sights in very interesting detail, Neno took the time to explain the very complicated and diverse political history and structure of this beautiful country. After the tour was over, I kept saying "wow, that tour was so good!! Neno was great!" Take the tour for yourself, and I guarantee you'll be saying the same.

1  Thank tlaffredi