Open today: 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Sarajevo Funky Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Sarajevo Funky Tours
from $28.90
More Info
from $138.80
More Info
All reviews total siege tour day tour beautiful country tunnel museum mostar tour dervish house bobsled track kravice waterfalls bosnia herzegovina first hand these guys highlight of our trip sniper alley small group old bridge private tour great company
Reviewed 2 days ago

Our guide (Omer) was absolutely the best. He gave us a full-fledged tour all around Sarajevo. The recent history of Sarajevo is very sad, the population had to go through terrible times. Nonetheless, Omer, which had to go through that experience himself (he's a siege survivor) was incredibly skilled in both trying to picture the horrors of war and also keeping our emotions afloat. We really felt as we had a new friend that was telling us his story instead of having a tour guide telling us historical events.

We're inmensely grateful for the experience and we will never forget it.

Thanks Omer! and thanks everyone in the agency.

Caro & Diego

1  Thank Diego E
Reviewed 4 days ago

I had an amazing tour with Adnan (I think was his name, sorry if I spelled it wrong). Of course the content of the tour is very heavy, but it is something we should all learn about. Adnan was very kind and helpful with all the questions I had, and of course it makes the tour even more powerful that the tour guide experienced the things that you see during the tour. One of the best tours I've been on, and definitely the best for value. I cannot do any more tours with the company since I'm leaving, but the company is great, and during the booking they were very helpful and also kind, highly recommend for anyone who wants to know better the Balkans or know better the country, Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Reviewed 5 days ago

I did 3 tour with Sarajevo Funky Tours (Total Herzegovina Tour, the Siege Tour and Srebrenica), and I cannot fault them. The customer service in the office from Ema and Ajla was fantastic, even when the minimum numbers weren't met for my tours they offered me options to make sure I had a fabulous time and made the most of my time in Bosnia. They were very welcoming.
My guides for the 3 tours (Ejub, Adnan and Armina) were all great. Covering information about the war was a hard topic but they shared their knowledge and experiences to really give an understanding of what people went through. Not 'enjoyable' material, but definitely worth it to get an insight into this fabulous country.
The Herzegovina tour covered more of the natural areas, and the countryside is stunning! The Siege tour also went to the 1984 Winter Olympics Bobsled track which is a great experience. Couldn't recommend them highly enough and if I ever get back I will definitely do more tours with these guys! Thanks for such a great time.

Reviewed 5 days ago

We had a really fascinating day with Haris as he took us around Sarajevo to some of the significant sites of the siege. He is incredibly knowledgeable and has a really intelligent and open attitude to discussing the awful events that took place in the city. I can't imagine a better person to do this with. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 5 days ago

I took the Srebrenica Genocide Tour for a day. It was great and profound. We understood more clearly what happened in that city. The guide was human and clear. What a trip !
Great Experience. Go for it.
Dahmane

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A well organised extensive tour well told by guide involving all of the key locations and good value for money

Skender_SAFT, Owner at Sarajevo Funky Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi AndrewMuirNI,

Total Siege Tour is one of our favorite “products” and it covers all the locations crucial for understanding the sieged Sarajevo and survival of its citizens.

Thank you so much for your feedback, it was a great pleasure to meet you, and hope you will decide to visit us again :)

SAFT team :)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Everything was perfect, the reception (very enthusiastic and keen team), the van (new), and of course the guide. He knows so much about the siege and Sarajevo history!!! it was really a pleasure to heard him. I will do recommend this tour and Funky tours.

1  Thank Marcelo C

Thank you so much for just a perfect review :) It really means a lot to all of us in SAFT team!

We are honestly working hard to provide our guests amazing and unforgettable experience while in our country and reading the impressions and feedbacks from our dear guests is definitely a great motivation to become even better :)

Well organized tours, new, comfortable and safe vehicles along with passionate guides who love their job are the least we can offer to our guests.

Take care and hope we will have a chance to see you again!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked this the day after I had the excellent free walking tour. That was good for the history of Sarajevo, but I needed more of the recent history of Bosnia.

The office is not easy to find. It is in a cul-de-sac just off the Old Town and it looks run down and abandoned. On the day they did show up, much to my relief!

This booking covered more of the conflict after the collapse of Yugoslavia in the 1990s. Our host was a man who grew up during the conflict and he provided personal insights which were very moving.

It is a longish tour but it covered everything I need to know: Snipers Alley, The Winter Olympics Bob-Sleigh run, The Jewish Cematary and The Tunnel of Hope (take extra Bosnia currency for this) We went everywhere.

You will finish in time for a late lunch.

Indeed, Bascarsija is a very special place to be, and all the small and narrow streets definitely contributed the image of this part of the city which is also where our office is located. We do agree that it can be a bit tricky for the first time visitors to find their way into the fascinating maze of Bascarsija, but we are really trying to give clear instructions to all of our guests on how to find us, and the easiest way is by using a google map.

For all of our guests who have any difficulties while in Sarajevo or country, please never hesitate to contact us any time by either email, or WhatsApp, SMS, Viber, etc.

We start Sundays a bit later than usually, around 8.45 AM and, this time, you came slightly before we did, but glad we had a chance to meet you after all and, most importantly, that you had some nice and interesting time on the tour :)

Total Siege Tour is definitely one of the best ways to soak up the soul of the city that became a symbol of bravery and hardihood. This is why, besides visiting all the locations that are crucial for understanding the siege of Sarajevo, we also like to provide some personal insights that will, hopefully, help people learn and understand.

It was a great pleasure to have you with us and hope you will decide to visit us again!

All the best from SAFT team :)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Sarajevo Funky Tours is an excellent company with quick and easy communication. Each person we met was pleasant and friendly. Our day with Adnan and Azra was relaxing and educational. Certainly highly recommended.

Skender_SAFT, Owner at Sarajevo Funky Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear TAkanga,

Having such great guests make things very easy for us :) Thank you so much for your feedback! “ Educational “ yet “ relaxing “ trip is our goal, so we are really happy to know we met your expectations, and we honestly enjoyed having you with us.

All the best from Azra, Adnan and rest of the SAFT team.

See you next time :)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was a day well spent visiting Jajce and Travnik with Arna, an absolutely wonderful guide. In addition to seeing all the beautiful sites (lakes, waterfalls, citadels and mosques) I also learned a lot about Yugoslavia and Bosnia during the drive. We made many stops along the way for snacks, coffee and lunch, and all the places were hidden gems which I probably would not have been able to find on my own.

It was also very easy communicating with Sarajevo Funky Tours. I found them to be flexible, prompt and very friendly. Highly recommended!

Dear Bezonato,

Our team is constantly striving to provide VIP treatment for each guest, and flexibility along with friendliness, from the very beginning until we say “ See you next time “ , is the least we can do :)

Central Bosnia is definitely not to miss region. Being the birthplace of the Bosnian state in medieval times, it was a political, cultural and religious centre of the country. Besides the stunning medieval fortresses, Ottoman mosques, fantastic waterfall, Pliva lakes and medieval mills, we always make sure to check out some charming hidden gems that will highlight these already spectacular locations and provide our guests a bit of authentically local experience.

Arna truly enjoyed her time with you, and we honestly hope you will decide to visit some other time again.

SAFT team