Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $140.30
from $81.90
from $29.20
More Info
All reviews total siege tour day tour beautiful country tunnel museum mostar tour dervish house bobsled track kravice waterfalls bosnia herzegovina first hand these guys highlight of our trip sniper alley small group old bridge personal experience wonderful guide
Reviewed January 19, 2016

I found Sarajevo Funky Tours by chance online and I am so glad I did.
For an affordable price, I was able to book a day trip and excursion to see Herzogovina. From my first interaction with the owner over the telephone I was at ease. He worked with us to find a suitable date for the excursion (as some tours have a 3 person minimum). He was also open to customize the tour if we wanted to see certain things in particular (Jabalanica River, Konjic, Mostar, etc.)

When we arrived for our tour, our very friendly guide (Dado) was waiting for us. He spoke excellent English. I was blown away as I'm an American living in France and the French don't speak English as well as the Bosnians :-)
Dado started with a great introduction to the tour. He was also a very safe driver on the mountain roads, something I wouldn't have been comfortable driving on by myself.
Dado is a gifted storyteller that really has a passion for his country and his job. You could tell that he loves meeting people from different cultures and he loves exchanging stories and experiences.
His little anecdotes and funny references to Bosnian myths and historical facts made the tour an unforgettable experience.

The Bosnian people are very kind and giving and they have a beautiful country that they are more than happy to share with visitors.
I've been on other tours where I was pushed into certain shops or restaurants just because the tour guides had an agreement to bring business there--- but this tour is NOT like that at all. Everyone was 100% genuine and nothing felt like a tourist trap. The places we ate and visited were at our choice and our guide recommended things that he personally enjoyed and found notable for the region.
We are still craving the fig cake from Mostar!

Thank you Skender, Dado and the Sarajevo Funky Tours team.

2  Thank Jasmin S
Reviewed January 4, 2016

Excellent tour, the guide was really friendly and very knowledgable. He told us more than I would usually expect on a short tour and was really helpful in other ideas of what to do next. I'd definitely recommend this company.

1  Thank Vicky3535
Reviewed December 18, 2015 via mobile

My partner and I took the Sarajevo Siege tour in mid December. It was a great way to respectfully explore the rich and often tragic history of Sarajevo during the war years. Although the weather was extremely foggy, rendering it difficult to enjoy the fantastic views usually offered from the mountains, our guide still ensured that we had a great time, and the mountains themselves were nevertheless beautiful! The War Tunnel provides invaluable insight into what it must have been like during the war years, and our guide helped us to bring history to life with his own anecdotes and seemingly endless knowledge. An important part of history that must be learned whilst in Sarajevo, I definitely recommend this tour and any others offered by Sarajevo Funky Tours. I'm sure I will travel with them when I next visit Sarajevo!

Reviewed December 13, 2015

Before I left the US, I Googled tours in Sarajevo and the surrounding area. Funky Tours came back at the top of the list. This is with good reason. Shortly after I sent an e-mail to Funky Tours to inquire about the tour to Srebrenica, I received an e-mail back from the company owner. He kept me well-informed and got me into a tour, though my time in Sarajevo was short.

As an aside, a few people asked me why I wanted to see Srebrenica. The answer is that I wanted to bear witness to genocide and tell others about what happened. I continually seek understand what makes a group of people align themselves against another group to commit mass murder.

The tour owner’s father led the tour to Srebrenica. What a great guide and man. He answered all our questions with very special insight gained by living through the war and the siege of Sarajevo. He could have become bitter, but he is just the opposite—strongly believing in respect for others’ beliefs. I learned so much from him and am very grateful for his kindness and open heart. There are rare events in life that have an enduring impact on our memories. My trip to Srebrenica was one such event.

A second aside--Sarajevo is culturally rich. There are many things to do at very affordable prices. I attended a performance by the Sarajevo Philharmonic Orchestra in the rebuilt National Library and walked back to the hotel by myself after 10 PM. I felt completely at ease, and thoroughly enjoyed my walk through Old Town.

3  Thank Julie C
Reviewed December 11, 2015

I really recommend Sarajevo Funky Day Tours. Skender and his team provide a pleasant and informative tour, including "total siege tour" in Sarajevo and the day trip to Mostar.