Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Sarajevo Funky Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Sarajevo Funky Tours
from $29.20
More Info
from $140.30
More Info
All reviews total siege tour day tour beautiful country tunnel museum mostar tour dervish house bobsled track kravice waterfalls bosnia herzegovina first hand these guys highlight of our trip sniper alley small group old bridge personal experience wonderful guide
Reviewed January 4, 2016

Excellent tour, the guide was really friendly and very knowledgable. He told us more than I would usually expect on a short tour and was really helpful in other ideas of what to do next. I'd definitely recommend this company.

1  Thank Vicky3535
Reviewed December 18, 2015 via mobile

My partner and I took the Sarajevo Siege tour in mid December. It was a great way to respectfully explore the rich and often tragic history of Sarajevo during the war years. Although the weather was extremely foggy, rendering it difficult to enjoy the fantastic views usually offered from the mountains, our guide still ensured that we had a great time, and the mountains themselves were nevertheless beautiful! The War Tunnel provides invaluable insight into what it must have been like during the war years, and our guide helped us to bring history to life with his own anecdotes and seemingly endless knowledge. An important part of history that must be learned whilst in Sarajevo, I definitely recommend this tour and any others offered by Sarajevo Funky Tours. I'm sure I will travel with them when I next visit Sarajevo!

Reviewed December 13, 2015

Before I left the US, I Googled tours in Sarajevo and the surrounding area. Funky Tours came back at the top of the list. This is with good reason. Shortly after I sent an e-mail to Funky Tours to inquire about the tour to Srebrenica, I received an e-mail back from the company owner. He kept me well-informed and got me into a tour, though my time in Sarajevo was short.

As an aside, a few people asked me why I wanted to see Srebrenica. The answer is that I wanted to bear witness to genocide and tell others about what happened. I continually seek understand what makes a group of people align themselves against another group to commit mass murder.

The tour owner’s father led the tour to Srebrenica. What a great guide and man. He answered all our questions with very special insight gained by living through the war and the siege of Sarajevo. He could have become bitter, but he is just the opposite—strongly believing in respect for others’ beliefs. I learned so much from him and am very grateful for his kindness and open heart. There are rare events in life that have an enduring impact on our memories. My trip to Srebrenica was one such event.

A second aside--Sarajevo is culturally rich. There are many things to do at very affordable prices. I attended a performance by the Sarajevo Philharmonic Orchestra in the rebuilt National Library and walked back to the hotel by myself after 10 PM. I felt completely at ease, and thoroughly enjoyed my walk through Old Town.

3  Thank Julie C
Reviewed December 11, 2015

I really recommend Sarajevo Funky Day Tours. Skender and his team provide a pleasant and informative tour, including "total siege tour" in Sarajevo and the day trip to Mostar.

Reviewed December 8, 2015

We took 2 tours with SFT: the total Siege tour and the Jajce-Travnik day trip.
Excellent. Excellent. Excellent.
These trips made our visit so much more meaningful than if we had gone it alone (we like independent travel).
The tour guides bring their personal experiences and stories and you cannot help be captivated and enchanted by their resilience despite the history.
Ask lots of questions -- the more you ask, the more they share -- and they share more than just the touristy stuff. SFT felt like family, --feels-- like family we left behind in Sarajevo, who took us to all the secret hide-outs normal tourists don't know about.
They go out of their way to accommodate everyone's needs -- you are personally catered to, not just another tourist in a bus.
Go to Sarajevo and tour with SFT.
Go to Jajce and Travnik -- beautiful enchanted forgotten towns that have you imagining medieval kings and a bygone era -- magical.
And let them know their California friends sent you :)

Even if they do not have enough people for a tour -- book anyway -- last minute bookings happen and are so worth it.

BiH is beautiful -- heartbreakingly so. Let it seep through you -- the hurt from the war and the warmth of the people -- go so that they know they are not forgotten. It gives them a reason to look forward to a future at a time when they feel stuck in a negotiated peace which stopped the war but failed to propel the country forward.
And when you go, hug them from us.

2  Thank z_traipsing