“My wife will never allow me to book another tour!”

Sarajevo Funky Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sarajevo Funky Tours originally it was an idea to have fun and help travellers learn and explore Sarajevo city. It was suppose to be fun at first, but today, after many years, has emerged as highly respective and totally customer oriented travel agency, doing variety of travel services in all of Bosnia and Herzegovina and wider area of Balkans. Our trips are dedicated to exceed guests expectations, and are socially beneficial to local community too. Our mission is to provide honest, memorable and life changing experience for our fellow travellers, future friends, by being excellent in every way. Our vision is to break a prejudice through travels. We seek to promote beauty of Balkans, to make this region World's respective travel destination. We are committed to honesty and believe that high level of ethical standard is the only way to true success. We dream zero prejudice.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 27, 2015

I booked a tour from Dubrovnik to Sarajevo. What I didn't realize is that it was ONE WAY. But Skender (the owner) was super professional, ensured we had a wonderful tour of a beautiful country. The food was fantastic, the sites breathtaking. The tour guides showed us a lot of great sites, with great information.

I would recommend Funky Tours for anything! The entire team was awesome!

All reviews
in 20 reviews
"recent history"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed September 26, 2015

Great tour, very informative. Visited sniper alley, the tunnel, some view points where snipers looked down on Sarajevo and the bob sled track. Best part of my Sarajevo visit.

Reviewed September 22, 2015

One of the best travel decisions I’ve ever made
was to have SAFT organize an excursion to Sarajevo from Dubrovnik.

I had been in communication with Skender for several months prior and when the moment finally came...SAFT came through with flying colors.

Pickup in Dubrovnik was on time....Dado met the van in Bosnia and was our driver/guide from then on. We visited Kravice falls, an old stone town (Pocatjel, I believe..where we were able to have fresh squeezed pomegranate juice and buy berries) had a fabulous trout lunch at the Dervish house and then visited the Old Bridge in Mostar. Then Dado pointed out a scene from WWII where Tito’s forces had intentionally blown up a railroad track across a bridge to prevent German advancement...and it worked....check out the Battle of Neretva.....the drive from Mostar to Sarajevo was one of the most scenic I’ve ever experienced.

Also, booked 4 nights at a hotel through SAFT and got a far better rate than I found at other sites online.

Took the Old Town walking tour (with Nadja) and Seige Tour (with Dado). Both were passionate and impressive in their knowledge.

Bosnia is a beautiful country with beautiful welcoming people.
Highly recommend SAFT....thanks Skender and company....wishing you all the best!!!

Reviewed September 20, 2015

Our family of four, (two teens) booked five days with Sarajevo Funky Tours. Our driver was Dado. We had a fantastic time traveling from the border of Croatia to Una National Park where we ended our stay with a local family. We stopped for swimming in lakes and rivers along the way. Dado knew all the best places for eating, swimming, jumping off bridges - you name it, he accommodated us all, adults and children alike. From the beginning our contact with Skender was efficient and nothing was a problem. I can't recommend this tour company or Dado highly enough. I would certainly use them again should we return to Bosnia/Herzegovina

Date of experience: July 2015
See more reviews
Reviewed September 17, 2015

This outing made my Bosnia trip! We decided last minute that we would like to visit Mostar prior to leaving Bosnia. We thought about making the trip on our own from Sarajevo, but decided we didn’t want to drive or take public transit. I reached out to a different tour agency first as per Trip Advisor reviews but they had private tours arranged for the day we were available and were not able to accommodate us.

I then reached out via text and email to SFT (4 or so days in advance) to see if they can accommodate us. I didn’t get a response immediately but I did get one a few hours later via text and email confirming that they can accommodate our request. We were asked to arrive at their office at 8:30AM the day of (it was a Monday). The office is located on a small alley like street off of a main road. Not that difficult to find, but we did have to look for it carefully.

We were pleasantly surprised to learn that we (3 total) were the only ones taking the tour that day! So we got a personalized, private tour! Our guide was Faruk. He definitely made this an amazing and unforgettable experience for us. We went to all the places listed as destinations on the company website, and to a few more! It felt more like an outing with a friend than a formal tour. All the places we visited were incredibly beautiful, had an amazing history which we learned from him. To say that he was extremely knowledgeable, enthusiastic and awesome, is an understatement. We are SO glad we made this last minute decision, got to see the beautiful Bosnia and by chance did so with Faruk from SFT. We stayed at each of the destinations longer than expected which was great and arrived back in Sarajevo around 9:30PM. We certainly lost track of time because we were having a blast but we weren’t rushed to get back and truly had an amazing day. I can’t imagine a better way to see Bosnia – Faruk and SFT is the way to go! Amazing experience that I would want to have over and over again!