Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Sarajevo Funky Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Sarajevo Funky Tours
from $29.30
More Info
from $140.60
More Info
All reviews total siege tour day tour beautiful country tunnel museum mostar tour dervish house bobsled track kravice waterfalls bosnia herzegovina first hand these guys highlight of our trip sniper alley small group old bridge personal experience wonderful guide
Reviewed September 17, 2015

This outing made my Bosnia trip! We decided last minute that we would like to visit Mostar prior to leaving Bosnia. We thought about making the trip on our own from Sarajevo, but decided we didn’t want to drive or take public transit. I reached out to a different tour agency first as per Trip Advisor reviews but they had private tours arranged for the day we were available and were not able to accommodate us.

I then reached out via text and email to SFT (4 or so days in advance) to see if they can accommodate us. I didn’t get a response immediately but I did get one a few hours later via text and email confirming that they can accommodate our request. We were asked to arrive at their office at 8:30AM the day of (it was a Monday). The office is located on a small alley like street off of a main road. Not that difficult to find, but we did have to look for it carefully.

We were pleasantly surprised to learn that we (3 total) were the only ones taking the tour that day! So we got a personalized, private tour! Our guide was Faruk. He definitely made this an amazing and unforgettable experience for us. We went to all the places listed as destinations on the company website, and to a few more! It felt more like an outing with a friend than a formal tour. All the places we visited were incredibly beautiful, had an amazing history which we learned from him. To say that he was extremely knowledgeable, enthusiastic and awesome, is an understatement. We are SO glad we made this last minute decision, got to see the beautiful Bosnia and by chance did so with Faruk from SFT. We stayed at each of the destinations longer than expected which was great and arrived back in Sarajevo around 9:30PM. We certainly lost track of time because we were having a blast but we weren’t rushed to get back and truly had an amazing day. I can’t imagine a better way to see Bosnia – Faruk and SFT is the way to go! Amazing experience that I would want to have over and over again!

Reviewed September 14, 2015

My husband booked us on what we thought was a return daytrip from Dubrovnik to Sarajevo and back to Dubrovnik. It wasn't until we crossed the border that our guide Isla was asking how long everyone was staying in Sarajevo for that we realized the mistake. Isla and our driver Adnon (probably spelled that wrong!) were SO good and contacted Skender right away who offered to put us up at his hostel for the night and arrange for a ride back the next day. Adnon had also offered his place and Isla even offered to bring me clothes as she felt bad that we had packed nothing. I had also come down with a head cold and Isla insisted they take me to a pharmacy for medication so that I could actually enjoy the trip. The hospitality of this crew is by far the best we've ever encountered anywhere on our worldly travels. The waterfalls were beautiful. Mostar was an amazing city with a fantastic vibe (I really want to go back!) and the dervish house was a once in a life time experience (in my opinion, I have never seen one in Canada). They were SO knowledgeable on the history, the attractions, where to eat, what to try, etc. Having seen Bosnia and Herzegovina we definitely put it on our travel list to go back. Beautiful country, beautiful people, and amazing tour guides. The van was very clean and confortable to travel in. You can't go wrong with this group! They're funny, caring, and very personable. They interact with the group instead of most tour guides with a microphone who speak at you and not to you. WHEN we make it back we will definitely pick more tours with Funky Tours!

Reviewed September 9, 2015

We want to thank to our guide (a wonderful lady - I don't remember her name) and our driver (a musician with real driving skills).
We spent last Sunday (the 6th of September 2015) four hours in Sarajevo, having a tour abour the siege.
Our guide was very passionate in telling us both about the siege (1992 - 1995) and the Olympic Games from 1984.
I admired her passion but also her balance when telling us about the events which took place at the end of the 20th century.
At the end I was asking alongside with her: where it was Europe for three years? How it was possible that about 400.000 people to be caught in a three years siege, with no water, no food, no warm during winter, in the middle of Europe, at the end of the 20th century???
I tried to imagine how it could be to stay during winter, with no glass at your windows, with little children or old persons. Our guide told us that now they prefer to be hungry but not to be cold.
I advice everybody who wants to find out the real history to attend this 4 hours tour. To find out, to tell others in order to be able to never repeat something like that again.
Thank you Funky Tours!

Reviewed September 6, 2015

We were a group of three Aussie girlfriends who were visiting BiH for the first time. We did three tours with Funky - the Siege Tour, A one day tour to Travnik and Jajce and then a 3day/2night tour from Sarajevo to Mostar to Dubrovnik.

We liaised with Skender to organise these, and he was very helpful, flexible, informative, and felt like a friend even though we never met him in person.

We were lucky enough to have Dado as our guide for all three tours - he shared his personal experiences and was extremely knowledgeable in the history of the country, and each of the sights we saw. He showed us around his home town Travnik and introduced us to the best Cevapi in the country! After getting to know him after two tours, he really catered the 3 day tour to what he thought we would be most interested in - which meant a lot of swimming in the various, stunning lakes around the country, perfectly balanced with a good dose of history and sightseeing.

It felt more like a road trip with mates then a formal tour which we really appreciated, and by the end we were very sad to say goodbye to someone who had fast become our friend.

We would highly recommend to anyone to BiH to check out Funky Tours - they have loads of other trips on offer that we would have loved to also do if we had more time. It's always good to be shown around by a local and it made the experience unforgettable.

We hope to return one day, soon.

Alicia, Simone and Fi

Reviewed September 6, 2015

We booked a 2-day tour from Dubrovnik to Sarajevo via Mostar, including the Siege Tour in Sarajevo. Our host Dado was fantastic; he felt more like a friend than a tour guide and made our trip very memorable! Dado is extremely knowledgeable and passionate and we definitely left Bosnia feeling like we had a greater understanding and appreciation of the country’s rich and diverse history.

We visited many places along the way from Dubrovnik to Sarajevo, all with their own fascinating and moving stories and we were blown away by the breath-taking beauty of the landscape! Words can’t really do justice to what we saw and experienced – visit Bosnia for yourself and see!

We highly recommend Funky Tours; they are friendly, professional and extremely flexible and will help you make the most of your trip. The company does a great job of representing the hospitality and kindness that the region is famed for and we can’t wait to go back!