“Best tour I've ever been on”

Sarajevo Funky Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sarajevo Funky Tours originally it was an idea to have fun and help travellers learn and explore Sarajevo city. It was suppose to be fun at first, but today, after many years, has emerged as highly respective and totally customer oriented travel agency, doing variety of travel services in all of Bosnia and Herzegovina and wider area of Balkans. Our trips are dedicated to exceed guests expectations, and are socially beneficial to local community too. Our mission is to provide honest, memorable and life changing experience for our fellow travellers, future friends, by being excellent in every way. Our vision is to break a prejudice through travels. We seek to promote beauty of Balkans, to make this region World's respective travel destination. We are committed to honesty and believe that high level of ethical standard is the only way to true success. We dream zero prejudice.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 4, 2015 via mobile

I went on the Srebrenica tour and it was absolutely awesome. Skender and his father are the best--informative, knowledgable, and helpful, they really do want you to learn and understand their city and country. This is the first review I've ever left, just because I had such a great time.

1  Thank sashaseymore
in 20 reviews
"recent history"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed August 31, 2015

Thank you, Skender, for the incredible and informative Siege Tour today (30 August). We learned so much from you, and are very grateful to you for sharing your personal story with us. This is a must for anyone visiting Sarajevo!

Reviewed August 31, 2015

We did a tour from Dubrovnik to Mostar to Sarajevo as well as a City Tour and a Seige Tour and would thoroughly recommend them all.
Their driver came to our hotel in Dubrovnik this saving us having to hump suitcases us 60 stone steps. Wonderful. He drove us to the border with Bosnia and then we had the wonderful man and font of knowledge and stories, Dado. We stopped at interesting places we could not have seen any other way and spent the first night in Mostar, a beautiful wee city. The meal we had there with Dado is one I will never forget. We were in the Ottoman part of town, just over the Mostar Bridge and our delicious dinner arrived on a pewetery metal plate with a cover just as the local mosque did the call for prayers. It was magic. They organised our hotel in Sarajevo which was fine as it was just around the corner from the most interesting part of the city.
We were in Sarajevo for four nights which is not really enough. If you have the time make it six, there is so much to see and do and you will learn so much about the place from the Funky Tours team. In Sarajevo we had a history graduate, Nadja who was aslo wonderful and taught us heaps. I would love to go back but realistically I probably will not as we come frrom New Zealand so it is not exactlry a direct route.

Reviewed August 30, 2015

Thank you Funky tours, Skender, and Faruk for organizing this great tour! Skender was very helpful when arranging for the tour and Faruk was an amazing guide and a host - thanks to him i gained a unique perspective on the history of the city - he is very knowledgeable and his presentation allowed me to understand the past and presence of this beautiful country and its people. I highly recommend - for me its been one of the best tours I have ever had in my life! Thank you guys and I wish you all the best!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 28, 2015

My wife organized the tour and coordinated with Skender, I was in the background who didn't even know the name of the company until we actually landed in sarajevo.Skender's father was the one who came to pick us up and checked us in the hotel and Skender came and met us at the hotel. It was great fun with Farouk ,Skender and Dado each of whom show us around. Farouk went to lengths when we told him our daughter who is three needed space to run around.he took us to his farm house and then we met his parents saw a lot of horses that our daughter enjoyed it thoroughly.
Dado was extremely helpful as well talking about his rock climbing and cycling passion.he made sure we absolutely had a great time.
Leave the planning to the Funky tour experts and enjoy Bosnia.

Adnan & Susie