Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Sarajevo Funky Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Sarajevo Funky Tours
from $29.30
More Info
from $140.60
More Info
All reviews total siege tour day tour beautiful country tunnel museum mostar tour dervish house bobsled track kravice waterfalls bosnia herzegovina first hand these guys highlight of our trip sniper alley small group old bridge personal experience wonderful guide
Reviewed May 12, 2015 via mobile

I took the Mostar day tour and got off at Mostar. The group leader was Dade, what an awesome character!!! There was sufficient email communication with Skender, the boss, beforehand.

So the solo hiking trip into the mountain that i initually planned was just not possible with snow blocking major roads in the mountain villages. I was left with nothing in plan and extra time to spare. I went to the shop and met Skender's dad to discuss options. I dont think he understood what i'm looking for very well and came up with ridiculous prices. But it just was a mess and i left annoyed.

Luckily i contacted the company again via their website and Skender picked it up. It was simple and easy arrangement over email.

I met a few other solo travellers in the group as well. But all credit goes to Dade that did a great job showing us the planned sights and his own friend's rock climbing place. We took all the time we needed and not much rush at all. We shared a lot of stories, of modern bosnia, of the youth, of the politics. I was lucky to have met Dade.

The country is beautiful but the people made it worthwhile.

Dade, all the best in your future travels conquering the world and cliffs!!

Reviewed April 29, 2015

From the very beginning, when I first wrote Sarejevo Funky Tours, they were very welcoming and flexible to meet our needs. So before we had even left Denmark I knew that their tour would be a great experience.
We went on the Srebenica day tour, and during the approx. three hour drive there our guide, Skender, would tell us all about what led to the war in the 90s, and he would tell us a lot of interesting details and stories about the areas we drove through. It was a very emotional tour for all of us - it's not that long ago so the memory of it all is still very alive and we got to meet some people who survived the Srebenica massacre, which was truly unique.
But not only did Skender make us feel welcome and not only did he enlighten us immensely about the war, but he was so very balanced, unbiased and nonjudgmental in his presentation of everything, which is truly admirable considering all the feelings the war still evoke in people!
So all in all a truly amazing day with Sarajevo Funky Tours, and all 15 of us can honestly recommend going on their tours!

Reviewed April 22, 2015

This is a very delayed review. Sorry! My husband and I took 2 day tours with these guys back in July last year. They completely made our trip. We had the best time with F-Rock who was a great guide and is overall a wonderful person. We enjoyed our time on the tours immensely and learnt so much about the history of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Upon our return to Australia we have done our best to spread the word about how great these guys are.

We fully recommend that you use this company. First step book your flights and then contact them to arrange your accommodation, transfers, tours, everything! We wish we had used them more. We know we will next time. We regret not being able to have done an overnight tour with them.

Felt great to support a local company, with true locals who are truly dedicated to their country and the city of Sarajevo. Don't you dare book with anyone else.

1  Thank PetaW
Reviewed April 16, 2015

There are local tours from My country to BiH, so at first I was a bit worried about going there alone, but now I am so glad that I made my trip with funky tours. First of all, although I have informed them only a few days prior to my trip, they replied immediately and arranged everything. I took Siege, Mostar and Part of Travnik tour with them. Especially in the Mostar tour we have been to other towns which is not as popular but equally Beautiful. It is also a day long tour so you can go back to your hotel in Sarajevo at night. Our tour guide Dado was energetic, helpful and very informative (ask him about the fishes of Neretva, you won't regret). He took us some local restaurants and places which I wouldn't normally have any chance to find. The country itself is very beautiful. I suggest everyone to join in all these 3 tours but if you only visit Sarajevo, don't miss the Siege tour. And make sure you visit Travnik since it is really close to Sarajevo.

1  Thank Gözde K
Reviewed April 13, 2015

This is a great company with friendly, professional staff who know the history and culture of Bosnia well. I took the city siege tour in Sarajevo, snowshoeing adventure, Srebrenica visit, trip to Mostar, and trip to Dubrovnik. All were excellent. It was a good mix of light fun and serious information and learning. All guides were warm, down to earth, and great to hang out with. I highly recommend this company and its tours.