Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $140.30
from $81.90
from $29.20
More Info
All reviews total siege tour day tour beautiful country tunnel museum mostar tour dervish house bobsled track kravice waterfalls bosnia herzegovina first hand these guys highlight of our trip sniper alley small group old bridge personal experience wonderful guide
Reviewed January 30, 2015

I've been thinking about this review for a long time now. There are so wonderful things to say about this stellar group of people that everytime I've sat down to write out this review, I've simply been overwhelmed by all the praise I feel I owe Sarajevo Funky Tours.
My first tour was a walking tour with Harm (yes, that's his name), a very friendly and personable young Dutchman who was captivated by the lovely ladies of Sarajevo so much that he's stuck around and speaks the language like a native. Well, our walking tour commenced at the Bristol Hotel, along Wilson's Lane and the river to Bascarsija, all through Bascarsija, along the Ferhadija to the Lion Cemetery, finally ending at a very comfortable and nice restaurant on the heights overlooking the Olympic ice oval and the Lion Cemetery. This was a tour I had specifically requested and included the better known Ottoman sites and the grave of Bosko Brkic and Admira Ismic. Harm wonderfully mapped out and planned this tour for me, even if he did have to take this Ottoman to Gavrilo Princip's grave!
My second tour with SFT was the Siege Tour with the infamous Faruk. And yes, Faruk more than richly deserves all the praise he gets from other reviewers. Hearing Faruk's own first-hand experiences during the Siege of Sarajevo, having him point out the names of his family members who did not survive the Siege on the memorial wall at the Siege Tunnel Museum brought a element to this tour few others could have.
The next day, I took the Mostar tour, again with Faruk. It was an incredible thrill for me to see Stari Most in person and to actually traverse it. I know it's not the "real" Stari Most, but it's nevertheless a perfect replica of the original and I truly believe it to be the most elegant, exquisite, beautiful, sublime and breath-taking Ottoman structure outside of Istanbul. Despite the day being only 16C and very windy, we were lucky to happen upon a Mostari and even though I wasn't close enough to see his entire jump into the Neretva River, it did seem to take a while to hear that splash!
I had nothing to do the next day, so Faruk invited me to a bar in the evening in Barscarsija to watch the first BiH world cup game (against Argentina) with another group he had taken around earlier that day on the Siege Tour. It was a very loud, raucous, noisy night (because of the time difference, the game didn't start until midnight Sarajevo time) but thoroughly enjoyable. When the game finally ended and we emptied out of Bascarsija, it was well past 2 am and there wasn't a single taxi or bus to be had. But that excellent Faruk didn't leave my side until he finally found a cab for me to return to the Bristol...
As I said, these people aren't just guides, they are friends in the truest sense of the word. Their hospitality is incredible. Even though I felt completely safe at all times I was in BiH, putting myself in the hands of Sarajevo Funky Tours made me feel even more like I was at home. If you're ever in, not just BiH, but Croatia, Serbia, Montenegro, etc., do yourself a favour and call upon Sarajevo Funky Tours.

2  Thank TheOttomanTraveller
Reviewed January 25, 2015

I went on the 7 day tour in December as a solo traveller. My tour guide was Dado, and he was excellent!!!!! He made sure to give me the full Bosnian experience, and its just as if I made a new friend. I had been told just about every reason possible not to visit BIH by my family/friends/strangers. But I was determined to go, and I loved it. i can honestly say I felt safer in BIH than i did in Greece. Sarajevo was extremely charming & an amazingly beautiful city in every aspect. I will never forget the feeling of the city. The drives to Mostar & Srebrenica were stunningly scenic. Words can't do it justice. Blagaj was the most picturesque place I've been too. Visiting Srebrenica & Potocari was a very emotional experience & can be a bit overwhelming. But is totally worth it to pay respects & hope that such devastation never occurs again. The hiking on Bjelasnica was wonderful. Dado is an absolute expert when it comes to the mountains, and I felt safe at all times. He also made sure that the hike wasn't too difficult for me and modified it because of the weather conditions. Jajce is probably my favourite city I've been to anywhere (along with Sarajevo), and i loved travnik as well. Kravice waterfall was absolutely breathtaking. Like nothing I've ever seen before. The country is dotted with a plethora of rivers, lakes, waterfalls & springs in every direction. it makes for some amazing sights in such a serene, peaceful environment. Dado was so great because he would make sure that we stopped at these hidden sites that I wouldn't have ever known existed

The combination of a rich history and unrivalled natural beauty, truly makes BIH such an amazing destination to visit. It is THE hidden gem of Europe. The food was brilliant too and the people were very kind. All the people I met were extremely friendly, and would go out of their way to make me feel welcome to the country. I also used the airport transfer service with Skender and Salem. Both of them seemed like amazing people & there was no hassle at all. A big thank you to everyone at "Sarajevo Funky Tours" for making this experience possible at such a reasonable price. You could tell that everyone involved was passionate about their job. The long drives & city tours were such amazing experiences that i will keep for my life, and it wouldn't have been possible without 'Sarajevo Funky Tours'. I am very thankful for their dedication & I loved every moment :)

1  Thank Yiorgos S
Reviewed January 15, 2015

Skandar provided us an excellent walking tour of Sarajevo along with a visit to the war tunnel. He is extremely knowledgeable and cares deeply about sharing his knowledge. We took a second tour with him to Mostar and surrounding areas and had the same great experience.

Reviewed January 8, 2015 via mobile

Went as family of 4, with my husband & 2 teenage girls. We were greeted at the airport by Skender, who brought us around on City Tour and later Siege Tour. We relished the deep knowledge and insights Skender shared with us about the history of Bosnia, the places, people and food! His colleague, Faruk brought us to Sebrenica, Mostar, Dubrovnik and all around Herzegovina. Many pleasant surprises like riding a horsedrawn carriage with Santa & Christmas Celebration at a school in Ravno. There was never a dull moment riding in Faruk's bright yellow van. We had a great family holiday with these guys.

If you're going to the Balkans, engage them. You'll have a great time, for sure.

Reviewed January 6, 2015

Had a last minute trip scheduled for work to Bosnia in late November, and was hoping to do some sightseeing. Contacted a handful of tour companies, and by far, Sarajevo Funky Tours was the fastest to reply and the most helpful. Scheduled a private tour for myself and my partner, and were delighted by the sights and stories of our well versed guide. Thank you for a great trip!