Open today: 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Sarajevo Funky Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Sarajevo Funky Tours
from $29.20
More Info
from $140.20
More Info
All reviews total siege tour day tour beautiful country tunnel museum mostar tour dervish house bobsled track kravice waterfalls bosnia herzegovina first hand these guys highlight of our trip sniper alley small group old bridge personal experience wonderful guide
Reviewed January 4, 2015

My wife and I chose to spend part of our honeymoon in Bosnia and we hired Sarajevo Funky Tours to guide us from Dubrovnik to Sarajevo over a two-day tour with an overnight in Mostar. The heartbreaking history of Bosnia/Herzegovina is well known, but the people we met in our travels were warm, open, and doggedly hopeful. Our guides, Faruk and Armina, as well as the other people they introduced us to, were excellent emissaries of their country.

The entire experience of working with this company was efficient and enjoyable. The scheduling of the tour was easy and payment was secure. Skender, the owner of the company, checked in on us numerous times before and during our trip. The company arranged for a private transfer that picked us up in Dubrovnik and took us across the border into Herzegovina. Our guide, Faruk, picked us up there and took us on a wonderful tour that included a visit to a home for tea, a private guided tour of a cave system, and a in depth description of the geography and history of the territory that we drove through on the way to Mostar. The tour also included time in Ottoman ruins in Pocitelj and a wonderful dinner along a beautiful river next to a Islamic holy site. The hotel in Mostar, arranged for by the company, was a 5-star, new facility with anything one could wish for. There was also a lot of flexibility available on the tour based on the weather and how we were feeling.

The following day we went on a 3 hour walking tour of the old city of Sarajevo, including an in-depth discussion of the Ottoman, Austo-Hungarian, Communist, and modern history of the town. Armina, our guide, grew up in the city and survived the siege. She was proud of her town while remaining honest about its challenges.

If you are going to Bosnia/Herzegovina and are looking for a guide look no further. These are the folks to trust for the best possible experience.

1  Thank Allan F
Reviewed January 1, 2015

One of the best tours I've ever been on. Very informative guides, no hard sell on restaurants etc.

They take you where they are supposed to and went well beyond my expectations. Trust me go with these guys. You'll defo be leaving them a tip at the end, they're literally that good!

1  Thank Dave_A1923
Reviewed December 21, 2014

My husband, two sons (13 & 9) and I spent a wonderful afternoon with Samir, as he showed us the sights of Sarajevo and it's surrounds. We started in the Old Town, and made our way through the city to the war tunnels with detailed information of the Siege of Sarajavo. Samir's personal experience of the events were very interesting and particularly moving at times. After visiting the tunnel, We drove up through the mountains above the city to the frontline was located during the Bosnian-Serbian war. Being winter, the landscape was hauntingly beautiful despite it's heartbreaking history. We visited various spots that were built and frequented in the communist era and the Winter Olympics of 1984. Absolutely fascinating, and far exceeded my expectations! Thank you Samir for a memorable afternoon. I can't recommend you enough. The Willesee family.

1  Thank L E
Reviewed November 21, 2014

I did a tour with Skender, it was the "Total siege tour". Skender is really a great guide; He is really warm, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable . You can notice that he really likes his job, he does it with a lot of passion. I'm looking forward to do more tours with "Sarajevo Funky Tours", next time that I go back to Sarajevo, a really interesting and amazing city.

Definitely, I would highly recommend to do these tours as the 1st activity when you visit Sarajevo. Greetings from Spain!

1  Thank Marziano B
Reviewed November 20, 2014

I did hiking there in November 2014. My guide was Dado. The trip was excellent! The landscapes in autumn are so beautiful and the weather was really good (sunny). Dado is a very good guide, hiking with him is a very good time, spent in the mountains. He explains a lot, and tells everything you want to know about the mountains, the role of this are during the siege of Sarajevo and were you can still find some landmines. The trail to Lukomil is FREE of any landmines so you are totally safe, in addition Dado knows this mountains very good.
The visit in Lukomir village is once-in-a-lifetime - you will always remember it! You can talk with people living there and drink traditional bosnian coffee, that will keep you in condition to hike more! (it's really good and really strong! - but I recommend it!)
So it was very good time spent for me and I want to come back one day to do some other hiking, maybe this time in Montenegro!
Chris from Poland