Open today: 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM

from $29.20
from $81.80
from $81.80
More Info
All reviews total siege tour day tour beautiful country tunnel museum mostar tour dervish house bobsled track kravice waterfalls bosnia herzegovina first hand these guys highlight of our trip sniper alley small group old bridge personal experience wonderful guide
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Our Total Siege Tour with Faruk was undoubtedly one of the most fascinating, enlightening, eye-opening, and memorable travel experiences I've ever had. Faruk for one was delightfully outgoing, incredibly informative, charming, and remarkably insightful to the extent that we found ourselves constantly asking him more questions about his experiences growing up during the Siege of Sarajevo. The fact that he took time out if his afternoon to join us for a coffee on the same day of our tour was also extremely kind. Talk about someone who loves his city and isn't afraid to share it with others!

The set up of the tour itself was also wonderful. The first stop at the White Bastion and the drive through the center of town allowed us to get a comprehensive and picturesque overview of the city's topography and layout, which definitely enhanced our experience at the Tunnel of Hope. I also appreciated the fact that we were given ample time to visit the tunnel and accompanying exhibit. Interestingly enough, the drive through the Serbian part of Sarajevo and our visit to the sights near the bobsled course were arguably the most extraordinary aspects of our tour. The scenery was stunning, the visible remnants of war were haunting, and Faruk's regular commentary gave us in-depth exposure to the many horrible and unspeakably complex facets of the Siege of Sarajevo. Needless to say, I would highly recommend the tour to anyone and everyone with even a remote interest in learning more about the Siege that ravaged this fascinating and beautiful city

Reviewed April 10, 2014

You know you've had a great time when you've left the country yet feel like you've left a part of you behind. Very grateful to Sarajevo Funky Tours for their lovely service. Their guides were informative and passionate and knew exactly what they were doing. They take you to the random yet beautiful bits and corners of the country that you didn't even know existed and tell you all about it. Their passion for the country is clear and it adds a personal touch to every place you go. They're also very cooperative and easy to deal with financially. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

So me and my brother came to Sarajevo to watch some football and meet some people to interview. We're so thankful we came across Skender who showed us around the city, arranged Interviews, took us to great places to eat and showed us the lovely Bosnian hospitality.

He showed us around the city and took to some lovely bars and talked us about the history of Sarajevo and the all about the cities football teams. He knew so much about these topics and it was so interesting to listen too.

He also took us to the Sarajevo Derby (FK Sarajevo VS FK Željezničar) and YOWZA! what a show that was. Flares, chants and football! It was all so very exciting, we got some great footage and Skender also translated all the chants for us.

Overall my brother and I had an amazing time and it's all thanks to Skender, he showed us how lovely the Bosnian people are and how beautiful Sarajevo is (especially the city overlook).

I'll definitely be coming back to Sarajevo and will definitely be in contact with Skender. I recommend the Sarajevo Funky Tours to everyone!

Thanks Skender

Jason&Kai

Reviewed April 2, 2014

3 Friends and I booked the Mostar & Jalce tours with Skender from Funky Tours and I can say that the tours were truly excellent and unforgettable. I really enjoyed these tours and am sure that my friends did to; I definitely feel we got a fantastic deal.

Our guide Faruk (from who operates HelloCity & also works with Skender) took us on the Mostar Tour, and then Skender & Faruk did the Jajce tour. They are both two highly knowledgeable and personable individuals who made the tours both informative and very enjoyable at the same time. They were happy to give us their personal experiences and recommendations on food and sites to see in Bosnia and their knowledge on the sites was second to none.

I've been on tours where the group is 40 people + however the fact that we were in a small group (4 friends) gave the tour a much more friendly & relaxed atmosphere so their was a lot more time to ask questions and truly delve deeper into the history of the country.

Lastly, not only did we go to the destinations we sought to, we also stopped at important mosques and heritage sites along the way which was very insightful and i felt like we were going on more than one tour on each journey. I would definitely recommend these tours to anybody who wishes to see a glimpse of Bosnia's rich history and stunning landscapes and views in a friendly environment. Thanks Skender and Faruk!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Although in the past I was a bit sceptical of using tour guides, it was an absolute pleasure to meet and be guided by both Skender and Faruk. Both demonstrated an impressive knowledge of historical and political developments in Bosnia and Herzegovina adding a concoction of local stories giving the tour a more personable touch, whilse respecting objectivity.

I will definitely be returning to Bosnia in the future and in the meantime will be recommending Sarajevo Funky Tours to family and friends as I truly had such a wonderful and inspiring time.

Many thanks once more and I hope your company continues to grow from strength to strength.