“A really great tour!”

Sarajevo Funky Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sarajevo Funky Tours originally it was an idea to have fun and help travellers learn and explore Sarajevo city. It was suppose to be fun at first, but today, after many years, has emerged as highly respective and totally customer oriented travel agency, doing variety of travel services in all of Bosnia and Herzegovina and wider area of Balkans. Our trips are dedicated to exceed guests expectations, and are socially beneficial to local community too. Our mission is to provide honest, memorable and life changing experience for our fellow travellers, future friends, by being excellent in every way. Our vision is to break a prejudice through travels. We seek to promote beauty of Balkans, to make this region World's respective travel destination. We are committed to honesty and believe that high level of ethical standard is the only way to true success. We dream zero prejudice.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I took the Total Siege Tour as part of my trip to Sarajevo and found it really informative and moving. Skender is very knowledgeable and happy to share his personal experiences. The sites you get to see are brilliant and the kind of thing you would never experience without a guide. The experience was fantastic and really helped me to understand more about what happened during that terrible time. I'll definitely book more tours with Sarajevo Funky Tours when I return to Sarajevo.

Date of experience: April 2012
in 25 reviews
"old bridge"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed April 1, 2012

I took the Total Seige Tour on my last day in Sarajevo and it was my favorite part of my entire trip. Skender is a wonderful guide who takes you to places you will never go on your own, and tells you stories and interracts with you in a way that really helps you understand what the people of sarajevo went through during those horrific years-- but he does it in a way that's not all doom and gloom and is filled with refreshing optimism. This is not a text book tour of monotanous script reading. It's an awesome educational experience from someone who lived through the events. If you take one your in Sarajevo I highly recommend this one.

Thanks,
Drew

Date of experience: March 2012
1  Thank mattiace356
Reviewed March 13, 2012

We (a group of 4 German students) took the Sarajevo Total Siege Tour at the beginning of March 2012. Even if the circumstances, due to a lot of heavy wet snow, weren`t perfect, it was an outstanding, very interesting and moving as well as funny and personal tour! Like some previous reviewers wrote before, my friends and me also normally prefer to do stuff on our own, but reading all the very good reviews about Funky Tours (which we almost couldn`t believe:)! ), we decided to book a tour. Now I have to admit, I agree 100% with the other travelers, it was great experience! We have seen places we wouldn`t have went on our own, cause we wouldn`t have known them or there`re just not reachable by public transport. But besides that, almost more important, are all the interesting information our guide Skender gave us. He has a great way of introducing you to all the important facts about the history of the war and siege. Enriched with his huge knowledge, personal background and open relaxed attitude he is a perfect guide! You can talk with him about serious things, ask him any question u want as well as have a good laugh with him! So I highly recommend doing a tour if you want to know more about the past, present and future of Sarajevo and Bosnia and Herzegovina in general from somebody young and educated, who has been and still lives there. To see the disturbing and at the same time hope raising or beautiful places won`t let your mind and heart leave cold!

Date of experience: March 2012
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Skender was an amazing guide to an interesting city w/ some very recent history. Having grown up during the Siege, he was able to give us a first hand account of how life really was during that time. It's hard to believe that this kind of thing could happen in our modern world today... definitely an eye opening experience. Thank you Skender for carrying on through the mounds of snow! You truly made our limited time in Sarajevo a great experience.

Date of experience: February 2012