Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Sarajevo Funky Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Sarajevo Funky Tours
from $139.20
More Info
All reviews total siege tour day tour beautiful country dervish house tunnel museum mostar tour kravice waterfalls bobsled track bosnia herzegovina these guys first hand sniper alley highlight of our trip personal experience small group recent history old bridge
Reviewed January 12, 2012

This tour was very interesing, I learned a lot of new stuff about the war in Bosnia, saw interesting buildings. Our tourguide explained all very detailed, he has a very good knowledge and the tour was worth it!

Date of experience: January 2012
1  Thank Alpemare
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I recently spent Christmas in Sarajevo with a group of friends, and one of of these freinds is a Kiwi who lives in Sarajevo hence, has the 'inside knowledge' of the best things to do in Sarajevo while there. She recommended Skender's tour. I could not have asked for a better introduction into the history and cultures in Bosnia. I went into the tour with very little understanding and knowledge to the Bulkan Wars, and walked away feeling really well informed. Skender offers his own families personal experieinces to the tour which makes the tour even more 'real' and memorable, he drove us to various parts of Sarajevo to give us perspective on the stories we were hearing, and he was totally willing to answer any of our questions, I also found the tour really resonably priced for the amount of time and effort Skender spent with us. I would recommend this tour to anyone.

Date of experience: December 2011
Reviewed December 28, 2011

A second successive visit to Sarajevo last summer and a massive highlight was a trip to Srebrenica with Funky Tours. They were amazing and went out of their way to ensure the whole day was spent in the hands of experts. The family-run business has so many different experiences from the recent history of Bosnia to offer and this trip was a memorable experience. We spent time speaking with the people from Portocari and Srebrenica, asking many questions and visiting monuments to this terrible time in European history. What made the visit so exceptional was the first had experience the guys at Funky Tours offered. They have a wealth of expertees to draw on and your knowledge and understanding of these recent events expanded throughout the day. I really look forward to returning in 2012.

Date of experience: August 2011
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I took the one day tour to Srebrenica. There were only 2 of us but Skender kindly still agreed to take us. We are both lawyers and were interested in going to Srebrenica having read so much about the trials related to Srebrenica. To say that Skender is well read on the subject is an understatement. He was fascinating to listen to and is not only extremly well informed but very objective in what he says about the war and the genocide. While it may seem morbid to visit the scene of the worst genocide in Europe since WWII, it is essential in my opinion, in order to understand Bosnia & Herzegovina and its challenges today. It was a very moving experience to be at Srebrenica and Skender also was thoughtful enough to give us time alone to walk around the memorial centre to take it all in. I cannot rate him highly enough and the next time I am in Sarajevo, I will be looking him up to go on one of his other tours!!

Date of experience: December 2011
Reviewed December 3, 2011

My wife and I took the Sarajevo Total Siege Tour with Skender on September 6. Making the arrangement was very easy, via e-mail. The other group schduled for that day dropped out at the last minute, but Skender did not hesitate to proceed with the tour even though there were only two of us. The tour was the high point of our three-week trip through Hungary and the Balkans. Skender is very knowledgeable and very passionate about sharing his city with others. He is very open about describing the recent events, and his English is very good. The tour includes the Tunnel Museum, of course, but then Skender took us up on the hills overlooking Sarajevo, where we could stand and see what the Serbian artillery and snipers saw looking down at the city. Chilling and absolutely memorable!

I strongly recommend this tour to anyone who wants a better understanding of the recent war, how Sarajevo survived it, and how it changed the city and the region. Touring with Skender is like having a friend show you around his city - a friend who lived through an historic period in the life of the city, and can bring it alive to his guests!

Date of experience: September 2011
1  Thank Richard S
sarajevofunkytours, Owner at Sarajevo Funky Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2011

Dear rashroyer,

Thank you so much for the great words, they really move us on to bring our customers best possible experience here in Sarajevo and around Bosnia and Herzegovina and even wider around Balkans.

We wish you all the best :)

Sarajevo Funky Tours