Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $29.00
from $139.40
from $81.30
More Info
All reviews total siege tour day tour beautiful country tunnel museum mostar tour dervish house bobsled track kravice waterfalls bosnia herzegovina first hand these guys highlight of our trip sniper alley small group old bridge private tour great company
Reviewed June 10, 2011

So I'll start by saying we stumbled upon this walking tour via trip advisor, and decided to do it soley on the positive reviews we read.

Now we have done the tunnel tour and here I am reviewing it.

Why?

Because it really moved me in a way that no other walking tour has.

Honestly, this tour is touching, informative and fun. Skender is a super dude, who not only knows what he is talking about makes you feel super comfy straight away.

I highly recommend this tour if you make it to Sarajevo.

Rob

1  Thank Onlyindreams
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Done the Total Siege tour with Skender. He took us to the tunnel museum and up into the hills to the former front lines. Interesting tour and Skender is a top bloke!

Reviewed June 7, 2011

Skender was a wonderful friendly guide whose knowledge was limitless. A great way to learn & see Sarajevo.

Reviewed June 6, 2011

My husband and I didn't have much time in Sarajevo, so decided to book SFT's city tour for the morning, and the total seige tour in the afternoon. I am so glad we did, as we both agree it was one of the best days we have ever spent travelling! Our guide, Skender, took us out for the day privately, and I have to say, he is definitely the best guide I have ever had. Perfect English, very knowledgeable but balanced, clearly very passionate about the region and ALL of it's people, Skender gave us an insight into the city as only a true local can. We visited all the main city sights (including mosques, churches and synagogues) as well as all the major sights from the war, including the tunnel museum. He drove us up the mountains with beautiful views to show how the seige happened. While visiting bombed out buildings sounds depressing, it was absolutely fascinating, and Skender was kind enough to tell his personal story. He was incredibly open, and we were able to ask personal questions, which he always answered with great thought and humour. I came away from the tour with a far better comprehension of the conflict than I would have done otherwise, and it has sparked inside me a passion for Bosnia and its people. As such, we were very happy when Skender gave us a dvd full of documentaries about the country as a parting gift!

Overall, we left the tour feeling like we had just spent the day with a good (and very knowledgeable!) friend who just happened to know the city. We couldn't have asked for more and have since recommended Sarajevo Funky Tours to family and friends. If you are heading to Bosnia, check them out!

1  Thank Hfing
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Our guide, Skender, not only picked us up at the bus station, arranged for our hotel but then spent the entire day showing us "HIs " Sarajevo. We started with the War Tunnel Tour, riding in his comfortable van. which featured the remnents of the hand-dug tunnel from a remote house on the outskirts of Sarajevo. His expalnation of the seige of Sarajevo was dramatically underscored by virtue of Skender spending fours years of his very early childhood hidden in a basement to avoid the daily shelling. The city tour which followed showed us the complicated relationship between four religions which co-exist today as well as a fun experience in "Old Town" which features a walking tour of major sites as well as the small shops where one can interact with local merchants and craftsmen.

Skender is well,educated , informed and passionate about his country. In addition he has a great sense of humor. Don't miss this experience. I'm glad we didn't!

2  Thank Happytraveler97531