“The best of Sarajevo”

Ranked #19 of 408 Restaurants in Sarajevo
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 28, 2013

If you are looking for a nice quiet place with personal attention, "To Be Or Not To Be" is your place. Small restaurant with a great menu. My recommendations are the "SEAFOOD RISOTTO" "PULPO A LA GALLEGA" and the "BEFF STEAK" don't forget to try the local wine.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Went here on our first night in Sarajevo after we were turned down at Dveri. This small restaurant has two floors and a few tables outside. Everything is homemade here as if you came to your moms house for a dinner. We were amazed by a level of hospitality and quality can come out from staff and their small kitchen. We were here on two occasions and we were served by the owner and his wife. Also lady that works in the kitchen is amazing. We tried different sort of steaks here at low prices and every meal that chef makes is apsolutley brilliant. We tried veal in red wine sauce, pepper steak, veal in mushroom sauce etc.. To be or not to be? The answer is YES; GO THERE.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I was at "To Be Or Not To Be" with friends.Food is fantastic , I have never tasted so good beefsteak in pepper sauce and squids.The ambiance is fantastic.I advise the BLATINA wine with the food and the local brandy as aperative.The service was very good.I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

What drew me to this restauant was the photo of the cellist who played in the bombed out national library during the war. A restaurant wiht conscience and purpose! The setting is as charming as the food is delicious AND if you are fortuante enough, you can hear stories of what the city was like during wartime for the avergae Sarajevan as told by the owner of the restauant who was in his 20's at the time of the seige. I came back to this place two nights in a row and would recommend it to the queen of england (Hillary Clinton has already been there)!
If you are not up for war stories, then savor the simple elegance of the surroundings, the good wine list, the fresh (and I mean FRESH) food, and the poignant art work..

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Had lunch in this quaint, adorable restaurant. Greeted by a charming lady/cook (maybe the proprietor). I had a glass of red wine. Hit the spot. We ordered the squid salad as a starter. Scrumptious but light. We watched the salad being prepared. Fresh cabbage, tomatoes, calamari with an olive oil, lemony mixture poured on top. So yummy. I had the chicken curry and my friend had the beefstake in the chili chocolate sauce. I found the friendly service (she was all smiles) and the food out of this world!! I would recommend the chicken curry 10 times over. I was told Sarajevo was not too expensive but I found the pricing to be similar to Chicago for getting the same type of meal.