“Perfect location, clean and modern hotel”

Hotel Central Sarajevo
Ranked #6 of 68 Hotels in Sarajevo
New York, NY
“Perfect location, clean and modern hotel”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The hotel is located right in the center of the old city. You can walk to pretty much everything within 10 minutes or less. Bars are within 1-3 blocks away and lots of food choices. The hotel is really clean and modern. The rooms were amongst the biggest we've seen in Europe and the bathroom was big. Free wifi. There's also a huge gym/spa that is free to use as well. Price was really good to at 100 euros.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Czech first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
center
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I did not stay at the hotel but I ate in the restaurant several times. First: no smoking. It was good for me. the table setting is nice, the wait person I had was very helpful. I had beef/rice and peanuts + the best seasonal salad in Sarajevo.
the food was well prepared and good. I had to put some salt on it, but since this is a wellness hotel, that was ok. I went back with a guest and we had the same-- oddly the wait people mixed our orders up and the food did not look the same but it was still good. During the same week, after a large lunch I went in for a sandwich. Cheese with the good salad in it--hot , excellent. I like bosnian food but can't take the smoke in the places so this was really a good find for me. The prices are good as well. did not eat anything sweet. plan to return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed March 14, 2013

A big,...big, big injustice has been done and I am writing today to correct it.
My partner & I were at the kitchen table a couple of days ago reminiscing about all of the wonderful places in the world we have been to over the course of our lives.
Only 3 places came to mind of the many we visited that stuck out as truly spectacular stays and memory lasting experiences.
Sarajevo & our stay at the HOTEL CENTRAL was on that list.
It was funny because it had been almost exactly a year since our very first visit there.
We had enjoyed our stay so very much that we decided to return again a couple of months later & stay at this warm & welcoming venue.
The only condition we set for ourselves for the trip was that we stayed at the HOTEL CENTRAL once again,....otherwise we did not want to make the trip.( there was no sense in going )
We tried to make a booking right away however one of the days of our intended stay was impossible to book ( No availability ! )
What were we going to do ?
One of the days was available the others not.
We did not care to or want to stay anywhere else in the city !
We decided to book and decided that just even one night at this establishment was well worth the trip again.
(More about this situation later on )
Needless to say our second stay,...was an EXCELLENT ,mind blowing & MEMORABLE experience once again that exceeded & even surpassed our stay of the first time.
As we were thinking about all of this...
I noticed my partners facial expression change slightly into a look of what I can only best describe as guilt !

AND,....

Indeed it was

Let me explain,
After this last trip,...we had agreed upon that HE was to write feedback about our stay this time seeing that it was most appropriate that he do it personally because of special events that happened to him on this visit ( also more to come about that as well ) & mostly because I wrote the feedback last time for our last trip there & it seemed only fair that he did it himself this time.
Well,....well ,well !
He reluctantly admits that he just only now realized that it slipped his mind to write feedback of our last stay at the HOTEL CENTRAL !
More than 9 months ago !!!!!!!!!!!
I will not sugar coat this,... ( I was furious !! )

I am writing today myself PERSONALLY to make amends for my seemingly incorrigible ,forgetful partner.
There seems to be a pattern establishing itself with him lately.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Our last visit was made possible solely by the efforts our resident " dream maker " Mr. Enis Hadžimujić.

If it were not for him we would not have been able to stay .
He was able to work it out so that a room was available for us for the ENTIRE length of our stay !

From the time we landed everything was taken care for us .

It felt like coming home again !

Mr. Hadžimujić even made sure we had the same driver that we had on the previous trip.

I believe his name was Mahir but I am not sure.( My apologies to this nice man if this is not his correct name. )

Our driver does not really speak either English or German but it is amazing how far hand gestures and a smile will get one through most anything.

We were met by someone new at the front desk this time ( Mimi was not working that day )
This new smiling face at the entrance did not disappoint us .
Her name was " JASMINA " !
She made us feel welcome and at ease the moment we walked through the door !
She has a great sense a humor which we value very much,.... so she gets " BEAUCOUP " points from us because of this !
Any and all questions were answered patiently & professionally but with a twinkle in her eye that made us feel that we were talking with a good friend & not a member of a hotel staff.

We can not thank Mr. Hadžimujić enough for arranging things for us & making our stay once again " magical ".
He went out of his way to take care of us and made sure our every wish was attended to ,....and for that we are eternally grateful.

He even,...
Here comes the good part,... Even when my absent minded partner got to the airport and we were dropped off at the terminal found out that he had forgotten his passport back in the hotel room,...Mr. Hadžimujić had already proactively called the driver back to the hotel to pick up the forgotten passport and drive all the way back to the airport to deliver it to him.
This happened so quickly that we did not have any issues with being late or missing our flight !

Mr. Enis Hadžimujić is our guardian angel.
We would like to take this opportunity to let him know that the next time we do come to Sarajevo he will be our guest for dinner ( no...ifs...ands,...or buts !,...It has already been decided ! He can NOT say no to us ! )

The hotel was centrally located close to food, shopping,night life & the old town.
Our room was big, bright ,airy,had high ceilings and extremely clean !
The bathrooms had modern,working appliances with good water pressure & good towels.
The lobby is spacious yet inviting & cozy .
There is a bar where one can unwind after a long day of sight seeing with friendly & attentive bar tenders.
In short,...this hotel has everything.

The hotel staff at Hotel Central I must say is the one true greatest asset of this hotel.

We would like Hotel Central to know that they will have 2 appreciative & grateful customers for life !

If anyone should stay at this hotel please say hello to the fabulous 4 for us !,.....Mr. Enis Hadžimujić ,... JAZMINA,....Mimi & the driver ( Mahir ? )

Mnogo vam hvala !

S puno poštovanja,

Michael Anderson & ( Forgetful ) Thomas Scheufele

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ijmuiden65
Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Hotel Central is great for price, location and service. The staff are incredibly helpful and attentive, the food, while not typical Bosnian food, is very good, and the rooms are spacious and clean. This is a non-smoking hotel including the lobby -- unusual in the region and a great plus for non-smokers. The hotel also has a well equipped gym, nice pool and sauna and excellent spa services (especially for the cost).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Sarajevo, rebuilt after the bombings of the 90's is a surprisingly pleasant and beautiful town with walking streets, cafes and restaurants and fascinating museums. Hotel Central is very conveniently located in the center of the most interesting areas. Hotel Central was very comfortable, with safe and coffee/tea in the room. Room price included breakfast (ordered not buffet but offering eggs of choice, rolls, coffee/tea, fresh squeezed juice). It is a health club with local members and has an excellent long swimming pool - very suitable for lap swimming though most swimmers were not swimming laps. Has other sauna and exercise options as well that I didn't try.

Hotel has good security and you can't go up the elevator without your room card. about three blocks away is the bridge next to which Gavrila Princip assassinated the Archduke, starting WWI. A travel service across the street from the small Princip museum offers a free and excellent 90 minute walking tour of the downtown area with visits to a mosque, and inside a Catholic cathredral up from the hotel and outside an Orthodox Cathedral and a Synagogue/museum. (tip is expected to the guide) Same travel service has an excellent and cheap tour to the tunnel museum near the airport - for 30 marks/person a little cheaper than s two people going there in a taxi and back, and paying the 10 mark entry fee.

Jewish museum, quite close to the hotel, which we visited separately from the tours, was particularly fascinating. We also walked separately to the interesting History museum (national museum - next to it was closed) - a long walk but could have taken an inexpensive taxi with a meter, or the tram if we knew how to use it.

Taxi from the airport cost 22 marks on the meter and trip back to the airport arranged from the hotel cost 30 marks in the middle of the night - (1 mark = 68 US cents) ATM's take visa and master card and are available many places. Paid hotel with credit card after using left over marks to partially settle the bill. Room rate for two people was 110 Euros/day (some other hotels nearby may be cheaper and as convenient but we were very happy with the friendly people in the hotel and on the streets. Bosnians we met were very open and friendly.

We saw most of what we wanted to see in an energetic two days, but wouldn't have minded staying longer.

Many good cafes and restaurants nearby on the walking streets - we liked the Pizzeria Terrazza best for food quality (Italian offerings) and pleasant atmosphere, though other restaurants are better for sampling the famous the local sausage specialities or meat pies. There is active night life nearby in various bars - which we did not sample.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Central for 14 days in January of 2013. Although the hotel is rated 3-stars, it really offers a 5-star experience in terms of accommodation and hospitality. I am glad I found this gem. I had a great experience with staff, very polite and accommodating. Their gym and spa are great, I used both on many occasions. The gym is actually fantastic, well equipped, better than most hotel gyms I have seen. Their fitness breakfast was a hit with both me and my girlfriend. We have received room service pretty much any time we left the room, they were really good about it. A few times I asked for extra assistance and the staff promptly arrived. I commend Enis, the front desk manager, for his helpfulness but also all other front desk staff whose names I do not remember. I also commend all the wait staff for their great service.

The hotel is centrally located, close pretty much to everything - dining, entertainment, nightlife. It offers reliable Wi-Fi. And one more thing - this hotel is completely smoke-free, something impossible to find in Sarajevo!! This hotel is highly recommended to all travelers and visitors to Sarajevo.

Room Tip: Suites are only slightly higher priced than the rooms. I recommend getting a suite.