TripAdvisor

from $21.40
More Info
from $18.02
More Info
All reviews driver insight bosnia siege history city
Selected filters
Reviewed September 20, 2019 via mobile

Fantastic tour of the Tunnel and museum by Nermin Vlajcic! He and his family survived the Seige of Sarajevo and he has first hand information and stories of those times. You can’t see Sarajevo without doing this tour! Contact Nermin at nermin_55@live.com.

Reviewed September 10, 2019

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE NOT RELIABLE.

First, they never responded to a tunnel tour reservation request through their website, so I contacted them using WhatsApp and received a confirmation for a tour. They were supposed to pick us up at the airport, take us to the tunnel tour, then drop us off to our hotel. We agreed on a price and set up the details. But that was it. I was never able to reconfirm the tour, and indeed, no one was there to meet our flight at the airport. When I used WhatsApp to try to contact the company, I again received no response. I never even received a lame excuse after the fact.

I've been to 54 countries and never been totally stood up by a tour company before. Unbelievable.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed September 1, 2019

The Ethnic Cleansing that took place during the Bosnian war in the 1990's was a terrible thing and this tunnel is one way of remembering it in the hope that such events will not occur again.

Sited high above Sarajevo in what was a private house, the museum has pictures of the war and a video of original clips. It also provides a dummy tunnel 25m long for tourists to experience. The original tunnel (now closed and preserved) was 800m long and built in 1993.

If, like me, you had no idea of this terrible war, you will learn a lot here. The video clips are particularly educational.

Date of experience: August 2019
2  Thank Ian A
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

We visited there this morning. It was freezing and raining, and this made us feel the cruel of war, which had killed many innocent people. We watched the video, which described the war and how the turnnel was built and used during 1992 and 1995. We also tried walked through the turnnel. The turnnel is small and just enough for a fat guy to walk through. A good experience! It is worth for the tourists to drop by.

1  Thank ttyu2019
Reviewed October 25, 2018

I really enjoyed visiting the museum but after I left; I spoke to some of the locals in the nearby area. It transpires that there were several tunnels in the area and that the museum is privately owned by a family who are benefiting financially from what happened here and that the museum only employs members of this family. I regretted having given a donation on top of the museum entry fee. I'd suggest visitors to this area visit any of the houses around the museum for a more authentic experience.

Date of experience: March 2018