Hollywood Hotel Sarajevo
Marsal Hotel(Bjelasnica)
Hotel Octagon(Sarajevo)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsbowling alleybig hotelswimming poolclose to the airportfree and fast wifijacuzzi bathnice hotelrooms are bighotel staffrooms are cleanbuffet breakfastenjoyed my staymini barcity centreold townspawellness
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed staying in hotel this month. The pool is very good and temperature is suitable for this period of the year. Other services is also very good. The rooms are big and modern. The price is affordable with the high service.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager-Hollywood, Manager at Hollywood Hotel Sarajevo, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for you nice feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Hollywood appreciated the great wellness facilities.
Looking forward to welcoming you again at Hotel Hollywood.

Kind regards,
Hotel Hollywood team

Reviewed December 17, 2013

This was just a dissaster! We got there Dec 1st and we stayed for two nights with a tour group. Our room number was 282. We have been told that not to carry too much money and we put the room's safe box. Second night when we came back we checked the money. Guess what! safe box wasn't a safety place, we stored 750 euro and 100 euro was missing! our money stolen from safe box! We made the report, we complained and they never checked the case. I've left my email and my mobile number to the reception. They never called us back! What a great attitude for tourism bussines. I dissapointed deeply. I am very angry to them. There must been some black money sources that they opened a hotel, otherwise how did they keep up their bussines with this way? It's a big shame...

Room Tip: I don't know anything good about it but do not take number 282 and around. You might lost some of your staff from your room suddenly!
1  Thank ARZU T
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed in the hotel and I am very pleased with the service and quality. I have been in all hotels in Sarajevo and I can highly recommend this hotel to everyone. Deserves all four star. The stuff is polite and very helpful. Rooms are big and modern. And the price is suitable.

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed here with my wife and I would not advised You to sleep here. First of all the lift from the EXTRA SMALL garage is not working so You have to carry Your luggage to the reception. The staff is RUDE, no BEHAVIOR at all. Rooms stinks because people smoke in the room and in elevator and on the corridor and at the reception so that when You walk throo any place in hotel it REALLY STINKS Terrible. Toilet has open wire circuit (see pictures), dirty with other people's hair.
SPA is the worst spa ever ( if You can call it Spa ) It is Dirty,locker room is small and old,dont leave mobile phone or anything worth inside. The pool is with 10 degrees ( they will sell You a story about changing the water 3 days ago and thats way it is cold ) No one did not Use it. This Hotel is one hour away from the center of Sarajevo, it is to far if You want to spend time in Sarajevo.

5  Thank Hondadalmatia
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I'll try to be brief. The hotel is big but the layout is awful. The reception area is cramped. It is very likely that the hotel has been decorated by a color-blind person. Those things aside now to the important matters.
This is not a four star hotel. On a good day it is a two star hotel. It is quite obvious that a number of palms were greased for the two additional stars. Carpets are dirty. There is no shampoo or body wash in the bathrooms and the bathrooms need better cleaning and refurbishing. If you are lucky you will find some residual soap in wall mounted soap dispensers.
Wi-fi in the rooms is very weak and any demanding work is not possible. Cable TV reception resembles something from the early days of analogue TV.
Staff is disinterested, at best. Their demeanor reeks of the permeating attitude in this hotel:" I am not getting paid enough even for the crappy service that you are being provided with". To provide you with an example. During the one dinner we had at the hotel ( I ordered a very simple dish from the menu) I asked for the sauce on the side. The dinner was served and we were told that the sauce would be served in a minute. It was served once we had finished our dinner. No apologies.
Beverages served are of the cheapest (no name) kind and it is obvious that the owner(s) are trying to cut corners at every possible turn.
The hotel mainly serves corporate functions (corporate trainings, lectures, team buildings, retreats) and similar type of events that are financed from corporate/public/and any other but private budgets. Consequently, the guests are not prone to complaining - the hotel was not their choice and they are not paying for the stay. It is not beyond doubt that people in charge of selection of a suitable venue for this type of (corporate) functions are getting their share of the cake in return for the favor of booking this hotel.
For your own money or for your company's money you can find a much better accommodation in Sarajevo. If you do decide to stay at this hotel (be it by your own or someone else's choice) make sure to bring your soap, your slippers, your shower gel, bring your.....EVERYTHING!

5  Thank Houghton S