“Very good but a little bit expensive”
Review of Avlija

Avlija
Ranked #34 of 416 Restaurants in Sarajevo
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Really good food and casual service.
Very nice place, nicely decorated, food is really great but the prices are a bit bigger than in similar restaurants.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I went to this address at the recommendation of my taxi driver. He had given me good turn ons before. It is quant in a nice residential section of town. The inside is very interesting with a noveou pieced together type of chicness that isn't all that comfortable but cute. The service was good with many different type of alcoholic drink selections. The menu is extensive. I ordered chicken wings, one of my favorites and a house speciality, and found them to be average, at best. There are many other things on the menu that I did not try. It's worth at least one visit.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

They do not serve traditional Bosnian food what I thought by reading its name but that what I ate, pasta, was very tasty. Service is friendly and good. Restaurant is relaxing and interesting.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

We expected bosnian food but on the menu we found pasta, risotto, greek salad.. We asked for domestic cheese and we had cheese from everywhere in Europe!
Probably the place it's populare among the locals because it was busy. The atmosphere is good and relaxed, we think this is the place to go for a snack and a glass of wine or a beer.
Nice interior with colorful wooden benches and tables.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

Not that easy to find - up the hill in the Embassy quarter. Cute, almost kitsch, decorations and wooden benches with little folded carpets in a courtyard. Roof was was closed as it was winter and atmosphere inevitably smoky.
Good place for dark beer which you cannot always find in Sarajevo.
Our salmon salad was disappointing and expensive at 12 KM with old wilted ruccola and undercooked fish and no effort made to apologise when we complained. However the Krpice (strips of beef in a sweet pepper stew - cost 12 KM) was good and a generous portion as was the apple pie (3 KM) - which resembled strudel.
Menu in English and staff speak English. Laid back atmosphere - you could sit for ages over a beer or coffee and nobody would hassle you.