“Excellent tour”

Private Minsk City Tour
Ranked #1 of 42 Tours in Minsk
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: My private Minsk city tour covers the main city sights. We shall start with a walk along Independence Square, the main square in the country and hear the story about the present-day Belarus. A short drive will bring us to the Railway Station Square and then - to the second walking venue - the Old Town that has retained the atmosphere of the past. The architectural future of Minsk can be seen during a ride along Pobeditelei (Winners') Avenue - the next part of my Minsk city tour - followed by a walk in the Trinity Suburb and the Island of Tears. A few moments later we will drive along Independence Avenue and see Victory Square where the house that accommodated Mr. Lee Harvey Oswald ('60-62) still exists. At the end of the tour we will reach the famous Minsk Library and will take a short trip to the observation pad on top of it. The tour is a combination of walking and driving that takes a total time of about 3 hours (starting and ending at the specified location).
Reviewed September 24, 2013

In July 2013, Andrei organised a 3-day tour for me, my son and sister in the south of Belarus, visiting the birth-place of my father and other sights. He met us at the Polish border, organised all hotels and restaurants, gave us a detailed city tour of Pinsk, organised a guide to the marshlands in the far south, and acted as an interpreter for the many people we met. In all of this, he worked tirelessly and with an excellent organising spirit. He's a great guide.

Felix300, Owner at Private Minsk City Tour, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you, Michael! Marshlands were great - cooking up a tour down there for the future customers right now. Will roll over photos soon and hope the honey went well)

All reviews
"an excellent guide"
in 8 reviews
"spent two days"
in 3 reviews
"command of the english language"
in 3 reviews
"world history"
"great hours"
"provided excellent"

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was in Minsk with my father and sister and had booked a guided city tour without knowing anything about Andrei. It was truly a remarkable tour. Andrei took us for a three hour tour of the city to the main sights and a few you normally would not so easily come across. Even though it rained partly, it was never a dull moment.
Andrei has great knowledge about the city and knows all the facts you would expect a guide to know. What made it remarkable was that he in addition had a good sense of humor and a reflected and sometimes very ironic view on things.
The tour was with a car, took three hours and was good value for money. It suits both young and old travelers. Andrei speaks good English. Bring your camera.

Felix300, Owner at Private Minsk City Tour, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you so much for successful googling! Great to have people with decent sense of humor on my tours. Come back in winter)

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We were over an hour and a half late to meet Andrei as we got stuck at the border with our car, and then struggled to find our hotel in Minsk (as the GPS pretty much did not know any roads in the city) - but he graciously agreed to meet us, and took us on a 3 hour tour of the city. Great value, as it's huge and you really need to know what you want to see and how to get there. Andrei drove us around - as it's rather spread - carried a wealth of knowledge - and we learned alot. If you're going to Minsk, me and my friend highly recommend you book Andrei for a tour.

Felix300, Owner at Private Minsk City Tour, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you very much for the booking!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Minsk is a huge city and just a few speak English. There's why this tour is important. Some parts are able to be seen in a walk and some others just by car.
Andrei did a great job.

And me and my family are very thankful to him cause he helped us getting a train ticket, which would have been almost impossible without his help (no one there could speak English)

The tour is definitely worth.

Felix300, Owner at Private Minsk City Tour, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Rafael, thank you for the review and using Google properly)))! I hope that the train took you to Vilnius without any extra efforts, the part with the ticket desk at the train station was quite an experience to myself as well)

See more reviews
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Andrei Burdenkov is an absolutely brilliant resource for all things Minsk. He maintains a fantastic website (I found it through Google by very lucky chance) and helped me enormously even though he wasn't actually able to guide me the weekend I was there as he was busy. He sorted out my visa for me, answering every enquiry extremely promptly, provided an airport pick-up service and even found me an alternative guide (who was also very good). I had been pretty scared about going to Minsk on my own but he took all my worries away from me and I ended up having so much fun in Belarus I want to go back next year!

Thank you for the bookings and it's a shame I couldn't handle the whole thing personally. Do come back next May to see that champ - though the prices will go through the roof)