This wasa hard hotel to rate and as I state in my other reviews the single rating system is a bit blunt, so I am resreving 5 for hotels that do everything perfectly.
The good points.
1. The hotel is very well located, shopping 2 minutes away and centre of town.
2. The hotel is clean.
3. The staff are very helpful.
4. Exeptionally good IT support for the FREE bus centre, that is reasonably well equiped, I had a problem printing a document at 2 am, so I asked reception for help they were very helpful and had the IT mad resolve within 2 minutes. When I apologised, he told me this is what I am here for etc. very helpful. The reception scanned (very poor scanner) and emailed me my document. Compare this to some hotels who charge for this service.
The Negative points.
1. In the evening there are dozens of security guards all around (there was on my floor the whole of my stay) and they make you feel like the KGB is watching you, it is very unpleasant. It is clear they want to keep out the undesirable and make money of the prostitution, but there must be a way that does not make guest like me who were not intrested in it, not to feel so uncomfortable.
2. The room I had was tiny, I was told that I should not change as it was very quiet room.
3. The room was overly hot.
4. There are VERY limited English TV channels
5. Although what people state about prostitution is true, it is kept well under control by teh bar staff and if you do not want o be involved you will NOT be bothered not like other places of the world. On that point it would be nice if the bar could be more efficent as you can wait 30 min plus to be served a drink as a guest in the hotel whilst "vistors" get served a lot quicker.
all in all very decent hotel and I will stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While planning your trip to Minsk, one of the greenest and cleanest cities in Europe, check the elegant Crowne Plaza(R) Minsk right in the heart of the city. Here you can find all possible solutions to make your stay either business or leisure successful. Feel like at home in your airy room or Suite with supremely comfortable beds and beddings, fully equipped working area for business and wide range of in-room dining options. Stay connected with and available for your business partners and family with our complimentary Wi-Fi Internet. Energize at Princess Spa with extensive choice of body treatments, a swim in the indoor heated pool or a workout at professional fitness center. Crowne Plaza(R) Minsk hotel is 40-minute taxi ride from Minsk International Airport and 8-minute walk from Minsk rail station. Centrally located the hotel is steps from the Palace of Republic, Red Church and Independence square. Unsurpassed concierge service can lead you to the city's world famous the National Academic Bolshoi Opera and Ballet Theatre and Nemiga area.The National Art Museum is just two blocks from us, so you can have a look at masterpieces of Marc Chagall and other Belarusian artists. Close to major corporates and government headquarters, with flexible Conference and Business spaces Crowne Plaza(R) Minsk is a good choice for doing business in Minsk. Stay with us and see why Crowne Plaza(R) Minsk is excellent place for high achievers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Minsk