“Does everything you want reasonably well”

Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel
Ranked #15 of 42 Hotels in Minsk
Reviewed November 28, 2013

This wasa hard hotel to rate and as I state in my other reviews the single rating system is a bit blunt, so I am resreving 5 for hotels that do everything perfectly.

The good points.

1. The hotel is very well located, shopping 2 minutes away and centre of town.
2. The hotel is clean.
3. The staff are very helpful.
4. Exeptionally good IT support for the FREE bus centre, that is reasonably well equiped, I had a problem printing a document at 2 am, so I asked reception for help they were very helpful and had the IT mad resolve within 2 minutes. When I apologised, he told me this is what I am here for etc. very helpful. The reception scanned (very poor scanner) and emailed me my document. Compare this to some hotels who charge for this service.

The Negative points.

1. In the evening there are dozens of security guards all around (there was on my floor the whole of my stay) and they make you feel like the KGB is watching you, it is very unpleasant. It is clear they want to keep out the undesirable and make money of the prostitution, but there must be a way that does not make guest like me who were not intrested in it, not to feel so uncomfortable.

2. The room I had was tiny, I was told that I should not change as it was very quiet room.

3. The room was overly hot.

4. There are VERY limited English TV channels

5. Although what people state about prostitution is true, it is kept well under control by teh bar staff and if you do not want o be involved you will NOT be bothered not like other places of the world. On that point it would be nice if the bar could be more efficent as you can wait 30 min plus to be served a drink as a guest in the hotel whilst "vistors" get served a lot quicker.

all in all very decent hotel and I will stay again.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room away from the club that others told me were noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
GurselKaradeniz, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback and the facts that you brought to our attention.

We are delighted to read your positive feedback and have also noted your comments regarding some other aspects e.g. room, TV channel and security department. Your remarks have been discussed with all concerned department heads.

Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon whereby you can notice the improvements.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Nice new, clean cosy property in the heart of the beautiful hospitable Minsk. Hotel staff are quite attentive, helpful and friendly, especially the Guest relations officer Alena. She is very helpful and approachable. Super clean cosy rooms. Not always very quiet, when you need your rest at night though... I guess, the hotel management could work on this missing point. The property has its own mini casino, the night club, the bar, shopping mini boutiques, hairdresser salon. My fave spots are the Health club, pool with jacuzzis and the Beauty SPA salon though. I just love how they treat me/or anyone like the royalty in the Princess SPA :). Very professional beauty services are provided by the master-staff. Breakfast buffet is quite substantial, deliciously prepared, lots of healthy options. Room service is quick and nice. Nice Italian restaurant downstairs serves truly sumptuous Italian dishes too. However, don't stay in having meals in the hotel itself, go out and enjoy the variety this cute nice city has to offers. Both gastronomically, and culturally. I just love this particular property in Minsk, due to its warm hospitality and the great location.

• Stayed: September 2013
GurselKaradeniz, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your positive feedback about experience of staying at the Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel. I am very glad to hear that you were happy with personalized service of our Guest Relations, Alena.
I have shared your kind words with Alena and the Hotel team. Excellence in service is the biggest value for a hotel and we strive to provide it to our guests.
Your comments are showing us that we are doing the right thing and moving in the right direction - thank you!
Please be assured that we are constantly working on improving the quality, your note regarding the sound isolation is taken on board for our further consideration.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Nice and clean room but service is completely out of standard. I won't enter into the details but I have not been able to enter into my room for four hours because of the lock...
Breakfast is just ok but no more.
Really disappointed!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank schuminou

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. I am pleased that you found that the room was nice and clean.
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced.
Rest assured that your comments have been taken for immediate actions.

We all look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed at crown plaza with a couple of friends four nights on september. This was a big five star hotel with modern design. The staff was very friendly and helpful during check in. The room was large enough with a nice design. TV had a lot of channels. The hotel had a proper soundproof all quiet. There was a fancy night club called next in the hotel we had a lot of fun there. The only downside for me is that the hotel is a little bit over priced. My final decision is crown plaza a good option in minsk.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
GurselKaradeniz, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Mr. Arron A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding the Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel. We appreciate your kind words about the room, the Next club and we were also very pleased to read your comments about the friendliness of the Front office team. Your comments have been shared with the team so that they may see the role they play in ensuring a memorable and pleasurable stay.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I've been staying at the Crowne Plaza for the last 5+ years while attending quarterly business meetings in Minsk. I am a Platinum level member and the staff is unfailingly polite to me. The hotel has not changed much and is still the best in Minsk, though this may change next year when a few brand-new luxury hotels are scheduled to open. The Crowne Plaza has an excellent location, close to downtown and only a block from a street with lots of stores and restaurants. The rooms are large and comfortable, the bathrooms are very clean, the beds are excellent, they have an outstanding pool and fitness center and a comfortable executive lounge. During my current visit I had a chance to chat over a cup of coffee with the General Manager, Mr. Karadeniz. He could not have been nicer or more friendly and he certainly helped me to feel like I was almost home.
The Crowne Plaza has just opened a new wing. The rooms look very much like the rooms in the original building, but are newer and probably quieter. What are the shortcomings? Well, for one thing they don't have a night doorman and guests (like me) who arrive late at night after a long flight from the US have to carry our bags up 8 or 9 steps to get into the hotel. For another, they seem to favor low wattage bulbs. The hallways are dark. Finally, the reading lights by the bed also use low wattage bulbs and it's hard to read in bed. But these are all relatively minor complaints. Overall it's a great place.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joel E
GurselKaradeniz, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Dear ″joelSouthport_Ct_USA„,

First of all thank you very much for being an IHG Platinum Elite Member. We appreciate your feedback and the facts that you brought to our attention.
Reading your reviews gives a chance to improve some of the area that you mentioned like the light conditions of the rooms and corridors also our doorman service especially at night.

However, we love to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful location, hotel facilities in general and you found that our staff is unfailingly polite.

We look forward to welcoming you back as our valued Guest in the nearest future.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

good hotel with good amenities, it enjoys a convenient location for visiting the downtown. friendly and helpful staff. spacious and clean rooms, good service. Ask for room in the new wing of the building, to have modern and larger room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
GurselKaradeniz, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Mr. Kos M,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Crowne Plaza Hotel a leader in excellence.

Once again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.

Thank you for choosing IHG.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Was just recently at Crown Plaza (Aug 2013) and have to admit it was a terrible experience at the hotel. It lacks any real customer service, staff were terribly rude - especially what appears like henchmen that appear at night and at times during the day. The bar after 11pm looks like a dodgy brothel with middle-aged men drinking with girls that look like they should be taking GCSEs and overall its a very sleazy place. Complained to GM - Gursel Karadeniz - who took no notice or offered any reasonable explanation for his doormen/bouncers behaviour, staff attempted to enter room at 2am (opened my door) - even though "Do Not Disturb" was on the door- thankfully chain was put on lock so they could not enter. I would avoid this hotel at all costs and from colleague experience Hotel Europe is meant to be much better.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Endri87
GurselKaradeniz, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Mr. Endri,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay.

Please kindly notice that your valued feedback comments already were shared with all the relevant team members. I learned that the reservation was made under different name and this person was informed that as per emigration rules the invited person why are staying at the hotel without reservation should be registered with passport and an extra accommodation fee of 928 000 BYR should be paid and this has to be done on daily bases. All this information was stated on the registration card which your friend signed up on check in and if needed we can send it to you via email. Due to this reason we tried to follow the safety standards to avoid any unacceptable situation which may happen with our guests. Unfortunately, the person to whom you spoke it was not me. Please notice that after I read the Night report I went down to the reception desk to meet you and to talk to you but I found that you had already checked-out.
I have personally spoken to the Manager on duty during the evening of your stay. I can assure you that he will be more alert to guest orders in the future.

Please see the information below the information was listed on the registration card:
Dear Guest,
We kindly inform you that in accordance to the law of the Republic of Belarus all hotel guests are obliged to produce their passports. Thank you for your understanding.
Extra accommodation which is not confirmed upon Reservation will be charged to your room account 80 euro according to the hotel exchange rate.
In case of incidents caused by actions of the hotel guest's visitor, the hotel management is not liable for personal security and personal belongings safety of the hotel guest.
Meeting the needs and expectations of our customers has always been our highest priority and that includes protecting your privacy. Reservation information and personal information provided by you will be used to provide hotel accommodations and related services you request, for billing and collection and to maintain a record of guests in the hotel. We may also make a record of your preferences to better serve you in the future.
Terms and Conditions:
The check-out time is 12.00 noon on the day of departure. You agree that departure after that time may incur additional room charge.
No pets are allowed.
For cash payment only Belarusian roubles are accepted.
Smoking policy: smoking is only allowed in smoking rooms.
You agree to pay for any loss or damage to the room or equipment in the room during your period of use. You agree that any monies or other valuables, goods or vehicles that belong to you, brought in or on to the room, grounds or car park remain your responsibility and the Hotel is not responsible for their safekeeping.
Regardless of charge instructions you hereby agree to be held personally responsible for any and all charges incurred during your stay, and further agree to settle all, or part of your account upon demand. You authorize the hotel to debit your credit card or raise an additional invoice for any charges not settled upon departure.
Upon signature of this registration card I acknowledge that I have read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions of residence.
Signature

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We look forward to accommodating your future travel needs.

Yours sincerely,