Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel
$53
Aparthotel Comfort(Minsk)(Great Value!)
$64
$53
U Fontana Hotel(Minsk)(Great Value!)
$36
$39
Slavyanskaya Hotel(Minsk)(Great Value!)
$47
$46
All reviewsbusiness tripbiggest problem isconcierge staffpay entrynice lobby barrussian stylestar servicetop floorrooms are largenice breakfastperfect hotelenglish speaking staffhotel is situatedclubcasinobelaruscity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed at crown plaza with a couple of friends four nights on september. This was a big five star hotel with modern design. The staff was very friendly and helpful during check in. The room was large enough with a nice design. TV had a lot of channels. The hotel had a proper soundproof all quiet. There was a fancy night club called next in the hotel we had a lot of fun there. The only downside for me is that the hotel is a little bit over priced. My final decision is crown plaza a good option in minsk.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
GurselKaradeniz, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Mr. Arron A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding the Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel. We appreciate your kind words about the room, the Next club and we were also very pleased to read your comments about the friendliness of the Front office team. Your comments have been shared with the team so that they may see the role they play in ensuring a memorable and pleasurable stay.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I've been staying at the Crowne Plaza for the last 5+ years while attending quarterly business meetings in Minsk. I am a Platinum level member and the staff is unfailingly polite to me. The hotel has not changed much and is still the best in Minsk, though this may change next year when a few brand-new luxury hotels are scheduled to open. The Crowne Plaza has an excellent location, close to downtown and only a block from a street with lots of stores and restaurants. The rooms are large and comfortable, the bathrooms are very clean, the beds are excellent, they have an outstanding pool and fitness center and a comfortable executive lounge. During my current visit I had a chance to chat over a cup of coffee with the General Manager, Mr. Karadeniz. He could not have been nicer or more friendly and he certainly helped me to feel like I was almost home.
The Crowne Plaza has just opened a new wing. The rooms look very much like the rooms in the original building, but are newer and probably quieter. What are the shortcomings? Well, for one thing they don't have a night doorman and guests (like me) who arrive late at night after a long flight from the US have to carry our bags up 8 or 9 steps to get into the hotel. For another, they seem to favor low wattage bulbs. The hallways are dark. Finally, the reading lights by the bed also use low wattage bulbs and it's hard to read in bed. But these are all relatively minor complaints. Overall it's a great place.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joel E
GurselKaradeniz, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Dear ″joelSouthport_Ct_USA„,

First of all thank you very much for being an IHG Platinum Elite Member. We appreciate your feedback and the facts that you brought to our attention.
Reading your reviews gives a chance to improve some of the area that you mentioned like the light conditions of the rooms and corridors also our doorman service especially at night.

However, we love to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful location, hotel facilities in general and you found that our staff is unfailingly polite.

We look forward to welcoming you back as our valued Guest in the nearest future.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

good hotel with good amenities, it enjoys a convenient location for visiting the downtown. friendly and helpful staff. spacious and clean rooms, good service. Ask for room in the new wing of the building, to have modern and larger room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
GurselKaradeniz, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Mr. Kos M,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Crowne Plaza Hotel a leader in excellence.

Once again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.

Thank you for choosing IHG.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Was just recently at Crown Plaza (Aug 2013) and have to admit it was a terrible experience at the hotel. It lacks any real customer service, staff were terribly rude - especially what appears like henchmen that appear at night and at times during the day. The bar after 11pm looks like a dodgy brothel with middle-aged men drinking with girls that look like they should be taking GCSEs and overall its a very sleazy place. Complained to GM - Gursel Karadeniz - who took no notice or offered any reasonable explanation for his doormen/bouncers behaviour, staff attempted to enter room at 2am (opened my door) - even though "Do Not Disturb" was on the door- thankfully chain was put on lock so they could not enter. I would avoid this hotel at all costs and from colleague experience Hotel Europe is meant to be much better.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Endri87
GurselKaradeniz, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Mr. Endri,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay.

Please kindly notice that your valued feedback comments already were shared with all the relevant team members. I learned that the reservation was made under different name and this person was informed that as per emigration rules the invited person why are staying at the hotel without reservation should be registered with passport and an extra accommodation fee of 928 000 BYR should be paid and this has to be done on daily bases. All this information was stated on the registration card which your friend signed up on check in and if needed we can send it to you via email. Due to this reason we tried to follow the safety standards to avoid any unacceptable situation which may happen with our guests. Unfortunately, the person to whom you spoke it was not me. Please notice that after I read the Night report I went down to the reception desk to meet you and to talk to you but I found that you had already checked-out.
I have personally spoken to the Manager on duty during the evening of your stay. I can assure you that he will be more alert to guest orders in the future.

Please see the information below the information was listed on the registration card:
Dear Guest,
We kindly inform you that in accordance to the law of the Republic of Belarus all hotel guests are obliged to produce their passports. Thank you for your understanding.
Extra accommodation which is not confirmed upon Reservation will be charged to your room account 80 euro according to the hotel exchange rate.
In case of incidents caused by actions of the hotel guest's visitor, the hotel management is not liable for personal security and personal belongings safety of the hotel guest.
Meeting the needs and expectations of our customers has always been our highest priority and that includes protecting your privacy. Reservation information and personal information provided by you will be used to provide hotel accommodations and related services you request, for billing and collection and to maintain a record of guests in the hotel. We may also make a record of your preferences to better serve you in the future.
Terms and Conditions:
The check-out time is 12.00 noon on the day of departure. You agree that departure after that time may incur additional room charge.
No pets are allowed.
For cash payment only Belarusian roubles are accepted.
Smoking policy: smoking is only allowed in smoking rooms.
You agree to pay for any loss or damage to the room or equipment in the room during your period of use. You agree that any monies or other valuables, goods or vehicles that belong to you, brought in or on to the room, grounds or car park remain your responsibility and the Hotel is not responsible for their safekeeping.
Regardless of charge instructions you hereby agree to be held personally responsible for any and all charges incurred during your stay, and further agree to settle all, or part of your account upon demand. You authorize the hotel to debit your credit card or raise an additional invoice for any charges not settled upon departure.
Upon signature of this registration card I acknowledge that I have read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions of residence.
Signature

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We look forward to accommodating your future travel needs.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Just came back to Frankfurt with my colleague after business trip to Minsk. Our company booked rooms for us without any difficulties! thanks to booking managers! they are awesome! In hotel almost everything was ok! Receptionist was nice and greet us friendly! It was very pleasant to find some favorites in mini bar! food service- nice job, guys!! Appreciate free INTERNET - very important thing for me ! I was only shocked when i was woken up by a rude voice of thin brunette girl looking like a teenager. she came into the room and was looking for something . When i asked what did she want, she said something in Russian and just closed the door. had no idea how she can get there and why? But, in any way it was the only drawback.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
GurselKaradeniz, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Mr. Uwe S,

Thank you for your review for your stay at the Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel.

We note that, although, in general, you enjoyed your stay with us, you were disappointed with some situation that happened with you during your visit.

First and foremost please accept my sincerely apologies and please let me assure you that your comments will be taken into serious consideration in order to improve our service.

I would like to apologies again for this shortfall in service and I sincerely hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Yours sincerely,