“The best in Minsk”

Ranked #15 of 44 Hotels in Minsk
Zurich, Switzerland
“The best in Minsk”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

The Crown Plaza in Minsk is for sure one of the best hotels in Belarus, I love the rooms and big bathrooms... Service is OK and speaks good english, The nightclub as well Restaurant are very eastern european, there are better ones in town but all over all the hotel is the best I have stayed in Belarus so far.
Just with the pick up from the airport I was not happy, first of all it is not a private transfer you have to wait until all people have arrived and then you pay 30€, is to much better take a taxi!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AndyRandy
Alena B, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank You for you review, it is great to read that we were able to make it right for you.
We are happy that our service met most of your expectations and we are also delighted to read that you found our hotel as the best one in Belarus.
Thank you for sharing your opinion with us about hotel shuttle- service. It is valuable information for our further improvement.
Also we can say for sure, there are a lot of additional facilities and pleasant amenities that can make additional positive impression on You.
Thank You for the kind words, we do hope to welcome you at Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel.
Have a nice week!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Turkish first
Leiden, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I genuinely think this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. It's located centrally but it's about 2 mins from the main Prospekt so it's very quiet.

I had a Club Room - I recommend this - room 428 for my overnight stay on 5th Sept which was opposite a brightly lit casino BUT the room was superbly soundproofed and the blackout curtains stopped any light coming into the room.

The room itself was beautiful, very spacious and spotlessly clean with a kettle - always preferable to a coffee machine - and the bathroom was beautiful too with luxurious toiletries. The room was warm too and I usually feel cold in hotel rooms and have to ask for a heater. Not in this room. The air conditioning unit allowed the guest to switch it off is he/she wanted and not the type which is pre-programmed and you have to get the hotel engineer to come to your room to switch it off. If I had to give one criticism, it's connected with a pet hate of mine - wooden floors in hotel rooms. It means that if the person above you chooses not to use the slippers and walk in day shoes or is just heavy-footed, the person below has to suffer the tap tap tap of shoes walking around the room. I was lucky on this occasion but normally I avoid hotels with hard floors in rooms or ask to be placed on the top floor or I check that my room is not underneath a hard floor. But I know that many hotels now have hard floors and there's not much that can be done about it.

The bed was THE MOST COMFORTABLE BED I HAVE EVER SLEPT IN! Wonderful!

In the Club Room you get a huge bowl of fruit as a gift and have breakfast included. You also have access to the Club Lounge, I think. However, I didn't get the chance to sample either but it's a bonus anyway. WiFi is free too, I think but if you don't take your laptop - I didn't - there are 2 computers downstairs that guests can use.

The staff were really friendly and helpful. I had a minor issue with one of my credit card providers and there was no option to sort it out without telephoning the UK - which didn't cost much at all, so I don't think the hotel did what many hotels do and add a big charge on to external calls. At one point, I was getting no joy from my bank so I asked the man on reception to speak with him to explain the problem which he did - to me, that was excellent service.

The hotel is truly luxurious and I came away adding it to my list of favourite hotels in the world - it joins The Manhattan Hotel in Rotterdam and The Hilton at Copenhagen Airport. Of course, there is a high price to pay - I was surprised at the price as it's higher than I would normally expect to pay for a 5 star hotel and that's a shame because I would love to spend a week or more at this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a Club Room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Audrey-Jane
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for letting us know about the great experience you had at Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel. We are glad to read about it and will make sure to pass it on to our staff.
It is great that all amenities that you found in the Club room, met your expectations and helped You to feel comfortable and relaxed.
It is a great honor for us to be in the list of your favorite hotels in the world and we can say for sure that we’ll be really happy to see you checking at Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel.
Have a good week!
new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is a fine hotel, which is well located a block away from Karl Marx street, which has a lot of the tourist restaurants. It is known as a 5 star hotel, but feels much more like a 4 star. I would certainly stay here again.

I think the desk service was very helpful and spoke English well. They provided some tips on local restaurants and directions and were very friendly and eager to make my stay pleasant. It’s nice that they also have a decent gym in the basement (with a pool, weight / exercise room, and a heavy bag) and a business center on the mezzanine. The hotel’s WIFI also worked perfectly.

I agree with some of the comments on the front door / bell staff. When the desk service rang the bell for the bellhop, I got prompt service. But, the doorman was usually asleep at the wheel and the front doors are somewhat awkwardly narrow to bring suitcases through.

The room itself was good quality – bed, shower, cleanliness. I heard no noise from the night club or the street.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank azucar_obscura
Alena B, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank You so much for your constructive review of your stay at Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel.
Our team really do best to make your stay pleasant, and with no doubt You can rely on us 24 hours 7 days a week if You have any questions. We are pleased that you found bed, cleanliness and shower of good quality.
To be honest, we were disappointed by our doorman appearance. Your comment has been shared with front office managers for the time being and necessary actions were taken to increase the doorman team work efficiency.
We appreciate that you found our gym and pool located in our “Princess Spa” center pretty nice. The vast majority of fitness and SPA programs are developed by our specialist all the time to keep your body fit and to make your mind clean.
Thank You for the time you spent to leave this review. We will be happy to welcome you again at Crowne Plaza Minsk hotel and “Princess Spa” center. Have a good week!
Tehran
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I liked this hotel: comfortable rooms (and bed), polite staff, very clean. Note: one of the most famous disco of Minsk located on this Hotel (disco "NEXT"). No noisy to rooms. Excellent swimming-pool and Sauna.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank arvin1982
Dear Guest,
Thank You for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our Hotel.
We are really glad that we managed to fit your needs of comfort and relaxation. Your review about “Next” night club is really priceless. So we can see that our team works really hard and efficient on developing various entertainments in the night club.
Once again, thank You for your review and we hope to see You again at Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel.
Have a nice week!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

I was pretty leary of this hotel based on some of the other reviews I read. I was here for 5 nights and found the hotel very adequate. The hot water for the show was plentiful, the bed was very comfortable and the staff friendly. Is it a great hotel no, but it isn't a bad hotel either. The lounge served the same food every day and the evening beverages are limited. My room provided lounge access but I would have been disappointed if I had paid extra for it. Breakfast was great and food in the hotel's Italian restaurant (Dolce Vita), while good, was overpriced. If you are into TV, you will be disappointed as there are very limited channels in English (BBC and one other). The spa was very nice, but a bit inconvienient when trying to work in pool/sauna time before your massage. All in all it was a good experience and I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Lwood_23
Alena B, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Guest!

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel!

Thank you so much for your very thoughtful and detailed review! We appreciate your insight into what we did well and where we can improve. We will share your comments with the team so we can learn from your feedback. Please, be informed, that we strive to provide excellent service to all our guests and value your comments as most important for our future improvements.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us and all of us look forward to serving your future travel needs!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Well know brand from well known chain... , missed pick-up from airport, little busy during check-in.
Although Crowne Plaza Minsk is also providing one of major night clubs (Next) on 3rd floor, I had no noise during the night on the 5th floor...
Avoid the Breakfast in the club lounge, but use the main breakfast room on the 6th floor with lot's of choice..
(wireless) Internet connection ok, but rather slow..
Transportation to airport was reasonable (270.000 BYR = approx 35USD) in decent car..
OVerall happy to have stayed in this hotel...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank WernerH131
Alena B, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Guest!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. It is nice to hear that you found our Empire Restaurant very convenient for the breakfast. However, we are disappointed that your stay did not live up to your expectations. Please be assured that we take all our guests’ comments very seriously and all the points will be considered by the management as we are constantly working on improvement of our guests’ experience.

Once again, thank you for the time you have taken to inform us of your experience.
We hope to have another chance of hosting you again at the Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel.

Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed at the CP Minsk on 3 separate occasions during my trip to Belarus.

The location of the hotel (5 mins walk from Minsk central train station and less to the principal street of the city, is excellent.

The hotel has a nice feel (presumably converted from an earlier building) and I enjoyed all the pictures of Minsk on the various floors, when using the nice open stairway.

On all occasions the reception staff were friendly and very efficient. By the time of the 3rd stay they were quite chatty and interested to know about my time in Belarus. I agree with one reviewers comment about the door staff. Its not obvious at night where the ramp from the street level to entrance entrance level is, add to that the doors are a bit of squeeze to get through, some assistance would be a nice way to start your stay. The door staff are there, just not interested (for 2 of my 3 arrivals) to assist guests.

I hadn't used my Prioriy Club card in 6 years, but the reception staff recognised it and I was given bowls of fruit for my two overnighters and for the longer stay I was given a free upgrade (and I didn´t even ask). I was impressed with this customer relations and as such I will be staying more often with Priority Club member hotels.

All the rooms I stayed in where well appointed and quiet. Free internet was available, but I found it a bit on the slow side.

Breakfast is a huge smorgasbord of just about everything you can imagine.

The gym is small but has all that a business traveller needs.

I ate in the on-site Italian restaurant with some colleagues and found the food and service to be of a very high standard.

The taxi service to and from the hotel was very efficient even in the very early hours.

If I'm ever in Minsk again I would definitely drop in.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bob J
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing a detailed review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate the feedback you have provided so we may improve upon our services.
We now realize some areas we can be more efficient in to best serve our guests.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us and hope to see you again at the Crowne Plaza Minsk Hotel.