“Friendly service, good food (address is Rr. Qemal Stafa 60)”
Review of VINUM La Maison Bleue - CLOSED

VINUM La Maison Bleue
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean, Albanian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: VINUM -La Maison Bleue (3 Minutes walking distance from Skanderbeg plaza and Tirana international Hotel) is a unique three Floor mansion build in the 1920 the oldest center of Tirana.Our restaurant offers you a unique atmosphere and fine CUISINE along an extanded wine list offer, cognac up to 25 years of age...Keep Curious, Come and discover it by yourself. Like no other you will find the essence of romance and fine dishes in the heart of Tirana.During summer you will enjoy our peaceful, radiant garden! while in winter you will feel cosy by our fire place while enjoying your gourmet dishes.
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We stopped in to Vinum for a meal last night, and really enjoyed ourselves. It's easy enough to find, though we did have to search a little for the address before heading out. There's a hanging sign on the street featuring Giuseppe Arcimboldo's Vertumnus; go down the alley and look for the entrance on the right, with the two lamps over it.

Overall, the food was very good. The Vinum salad was the highlight; the dressing is incredible. Definitely order this to get started with. We also had the avocado salad, the tagliatelle with black truffles and the stuffed quail. The local white wine was tasty. We had a really enjoyable meal, and would certainly go back. I'm considering lunch there tomorrow, in fact!

Our server was quiet, but also very friendly and helpful. He was happy to answer questions about the menu and to make recommendations. The atmosphere is homey, with a fireplace, candles, intensely blue glass chandeliers and interesting art on the walls, including a set of small dioramas.

The menu features English translations, and our server was happy to converse in English, so if you don't speak Albanian, and you find yourself w/out your phrasebook or smart phone, you'll be in good hands. Credit cards are accepted.

Smoking is allowed, so if you're not interested in sharing a small-ish room with smokers, this place might not work for you. That said, we were seated a couple of tables away from two people who were smoking and really didn't notice.

I happily recommend Vinum to visitors to Tirana! It's a friendly place with good food at a good price. Enjoy!

1  Thank kimbaroni
There are newer reviews for VINUM La Maison Bleue

Reviewed February 16, 2011

Charming restaurant with good food displaying Italian, Moorish and Middle East influences all made with real care and skill only slightly marred by a few details that would be easy to correct. Service is good but a little slow but is charming none the less. Two of us both enjoyed excellent fresh pasta dishes followed by the celebrated lamb with foie gras and nuts. The foie gras not much in evidence but an interesting dish with good flavours. My colleague thought the lamb overcooked but I think it typical of this type of Middle Eastern dish. Food served on plates that were either cold or nearly cold meaning the food was not enjoyed quite at it's best. Good wine list with fair prices and decent white by the glass. If Vinum tighten up on the service and the plate temperatures, even the most picky diner will be happy.

1  Thank DTT1963
Reviewed January 11, 2011

I was there on january 10-th. The food was nice and I really enjoyed it. It's true that they do prepare special things for the guests, like filled mushrooms, nice ravioli etc. HOWEVER the service is completely down. The waiter completely disappeared after bringing the water and wine, and he didn't even ask if the food was tasting good or not. He talked to us like we were his friends and not clients, making me feel very uncomfortable. The prices are very expensive and also a thing that i did not like was the fact that they did not had they heat on. it was very cold. Again, if you want service combined with elegance this is NOT the place for you. The waiters are extremely rude and careless.

4  Thank arbk2017
Reviewed October 16, 2010

The place is indeed easy to find, the address and a city map/taxi driver are all you need to have.
The interior is very nice, individual and different from other places in Tirana.
The raving reviews, however, had me expect somewhat more in regard to service and food. The service was nice enough if a bit shy and a little unattentive at times. In a restaurant which aims at a high class standard you'd expect to be asked about having another drink when sitting in front of empty glasses for some time. There was nothing wrong with the food, however. What I just didn't like at all were the coloured glass plates which were partially chipped and on which you could see traces of the grease wiped away before serving but not the real colour of the dishes presented on them.
The restaurant is open from 12.30 till 24.00, booking is highly recommended (especially in the evenings) as they only have about 6 tables.

1  Thank guzzlinger
Reviewed October 14, 2010

I have to admit that I was keen to try this restaurant based on the wonderful reviews on Tripadvisor.

The restaurant is not hard to find at all. People have to walk just straight through the street of the General Prosecution building and 10 meters after the "Gloria Restaurant" advertising, you can see the "Vinum" advertising with the famous picture of the man made from fruits and vegetables. Go to the entrance walk towards the second old Tirana style villa.

I went there two times. The first time with my girlfriend it was super nice. The second time with my friends it was just nice. Anyway food is great (try the filled mushrooms) and service is pretty nice. I also got very surprised when I saw the chef coming to take our order: a young trendy good looking guy with funny trousers and an open chest to show he's working out. He has good communication skills, so we had a lot of fun with him.
The prices are not very expensive if you take something in common or pay for yourself (even if just a glass of wine costs 4 USD), but if I would have my birthday to celebrate, I would think twice before offering dinner to many people at the Vinum.

For sure this is a super restaurant and I was very happy to try it. I will definitely visit it again :)

1  Thank Gent P