“Hopefully, there is better in Tirana” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Juvenilja

Juvenilja
Ranked #53 of 600 Restaurants in Tirana
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Albanian, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Budapest, Hungary
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hopefully, there is better in Tirana”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Went to Juvenilja on the advice found here but wish I hadn't. I was greeted by a very pompous english speaking waiter. The house white wine was served at room temperature and it was vile. The waiter defended it and it's temperature. The calamari was overcooked and terribly chewy. The fruit plate I ordered included a nectarine that was totally unripe and crunchy. Again, the waiter defended it. To it's credit, the decor was pleasant and the food came in a timely manner. I live in Budapest and also here the customer is never right, though it has changed for the better in recent years.

• Visited July 2013

• Slovak first
“Recommendable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Very fresh seafood
excellent spaghetti with tuna steak
draft beer

Visited May 2013
Tirana, Albania
“My Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

If I have to eat out a lunch or a dinner, alone, with friends, family or colleagues this is always one of the first choices. I go there since I was in high school and I will never get bored with it. Good service, good food, good atmosphere and affordable prices.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Jurgen_Ibro
Tartu, Estonia
“Excellent appetizers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I remember first wow-feeling, visiting Juvelinja, from 2003. I ate there at 2010 and 2012 again. I do like this place: cozy, wonderful service, good food.
I am fan of Juvelinja because of fresh simple appetizers: bread directly from oven, olive oil with garlic. I do like the special day dishes as well. We do not order main couse usually. We ask the main waiter to compile for us the plate of choice of cold and warm appetizers: marinated or grilled veg's, grilled cheese, some salad, yorhurt etc.
And of course, Juvenilja's classy main waiter is one of my the most favourite waiters ever: competent, polite, attentive. While we mentioned last year our good expressions of him 10 years ago, he showed up with sense of humor: so long time ago? It cannot be true, it has to be my brother.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank qnne
Sheffield
“Brilliant value and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Went here for a big evening meal and loved it. The (head?) waiter was incredibly courteous, well spoken and helpful. Very extensive menu including lots of traditional dishes and daily specials which were explained to us in great style. Food was fresh, tasty and came in large portions. Asparagus soup, salads, baked lamb, wine, desserts all great. One of my lads ordered 'beefsteak' and the waiter new straight away that what he really wanted was a proper steak not the minute steak that you normally get, and made sure we got the real thing. Will go back here first night I am back in Tirana.

• Visited March 2013