“Maybe a little overrated”
Review of Chakra Jone

Chakra Jone
Ranked #93 of 621 Restaurants in Tirana
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
tirana
“Maybe a little overrated”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Maybe it's just me expecting a lot from this restaurant. Lots of good reviews, beautiful name, but it just didn't meet my expectations.
I am starting from the good things. Food is really nice. Nothing spectacular, a little overpriced, but still nice.

The interiors are a mixture of western design and cheap albanian solutions. You will see some beautiful minimalist light bulbs over cold reflective floor tiles, sorrounded by pale blue curtains. Overall it's not bad.

What I didn't really like is that the service is somehow poor. There's very little explanation about the menu items and we felt very intimidated when the waiter started getting impatient in explaining us all the things we wanted to understand. The restaurant was half empty but still we were told to decide quickly as he had other tables to serve.

It was just awkward feeling ignorant and treated rudely...especially when a second waiter couldn't even recognize himself the food he was serving.

Next time I hope they include pictures of food and more information about them in the menus. It would just be fair to people who like to learn about new cultures and spend their money for the things they really enjoy eating.

• Visited February 2014
NarasimhaVNR, Owner at Chakra Jone, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
We deeply regret the inconvenience. We are making changes including training the waiters. We shall make sure that customers are provided with proper service.

Tirana, Tirane, Albania
“You feel in India”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I really love Indian food, and i have had those delicious dishes in Germany or Belgium. But when i found out that there is an Indian restaurant in Tirana, I had to go and be in touch with my Indian love for food. And i was not disappointed at all. As a matter of fact, it is delicious and the service is great, and I have to go again and try every dish. I will also bring my Indian friends to this place, because I know they will feel like Home.

• Visited January 2014
NarasimhaVNR, Owner at Chakra Jone, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for the review Senada. We shall be looking for your visit to Chakra again.
Tirana, Tirane, Albania
“Delicious food”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

delicious indian food. very good atmosphere, the service was very good and the staff is very polite. also the price are very comfortable. a very good place to eat something different and very good.

• Visited January 2014
NarasimhaVNR, Owner at Chakra Jone, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for the review. Glad to note that you liked the food and the atmosphere in the restaurant. Looking forward for your visit to Chakra again.
Tirana, Albania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“nice little place.”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Living in the UK i have tried and tested some of the best indian and pakistani restaurants and I must say i was never disappointed. Chakra is a nice little place with nice surroundings and good food, I was not so keen on the starters, samosas were most disappointing but the main dishes were lovely. I can't say this is the best but i think is the only indian restaurant in Tirana, maybe they will get better if they changed the starters. staff was most helpful .

Visited December 2013
NarasimhaVNR, Owner at Chakra Jone, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thanks for the review. We have taken note of the point you made about Samosas and have made some changes in the recipe accordingly. Hope you would like the Samosas during your visit.
Indore, India
“Like It " Home Away from Home"”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Really Amazing food. Good Service and Over all really liked the Place. Wish you the Best.. Hope the taste and Service remains the Same..

• Visited November 2013
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

NarasimhaVNR, Owner at Chakra Jone, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for the feedback Naman. We can assure that we shall strive to keep similar levels of service and taste.